Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Throwback Week!

Time to kick it back with Throwback Week!

What’s going on for throwback week? Well first, we’ve got a special week long Raid Event where you can earn never before released 2-Star versions of Bots!

Earn “Exclusive 2-Star Raid Chips” by Raiding opponents, then spend those Chips to purchase previously unreleased 2-Star Bots from the Raid Store for the entire week. Earn BONUS “Exclusive 2-Star Bot Crystals” from the 7-Day Raid Ascent Alliance Event’s Milestone and Rank Rewards. For BONUS points in the Alliance Event, win Raid fights using these Exclusive 2-Star Bots!

2-3 new Bots will be added to the Raid Store every day during the event, for a total of 16 exclusive 2-Star Bots! You can purchase each Bot 5 times.

Exclusive 2-Star Bots include:
Hound, Optimus Primal, Megatron, Dinobot, Galvatron, Ramjet, Starscream, Shockwave, Hot Rod, Drift, Megatron (Revenge of the Fallen), Soundwave, Waspinator, Grimlock, Prowl, and Ultra Magnus.

We’ve also got special 48 hour Arenas that will run this week where you can earn 4-Star Bots, 4-Star Crystal Shards, and much, much more!

In addition to the special Exclusive 2-Star Raid Event and special 48-hour Arenas, BONUS rotational Raid Store items will be available for the entire week.

Throwback Week starts on March 8th at 10 AM Pacific Time, and will run until March 15th at 10 AM Pacific Time; be sure to log in daily for new Bots and Arenas!
Tagged:

Comments

• LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    Awesome, I am looking forward to all these events!
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    Does throwback week include throwbacks to when arenas had milestones or are all the rewards in ranked like usual
  • Will we get Hound chips from duping the bots still?
  • SteelSHSteelSH Posts: 80
    Guys hey it’s better then nothing for a full week. I still have all the rare 2*s from the past, will finally be able to dup some of them
  • Agreed with @TheWolf .

Same for all the team members of another old team.
  • And what will you do with your 2* bots @SteelSH ?

Show them off?
  • TheWolfTheWolf Posts: 35
    @SteelSH I understand your point, but the 2 * serve absolutely nothing except to be forged. whether they are rare or not changes nothing. 2* bots are useless just as earned 3500 alpha1 for positions 6 to 10 after 4 days of AM.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    We’ve also got special 48 hour (what about the other 5 days?)Arenas that will run this week where you can earn 4-Star Bots (for top 5 only) , 4-Star Crystal Shards (how much for top 1-2%?), and much, much more (much, much more nothing)!
  • DarkThenDarkThen Posts: 1
    So disappointing....
  • ReworkRework Posts: 122
    Give em a break everyone. I have seen people ask for 2* versions of all these bots before. There are a lot of players in this game who are collectors more than high power battlers. They will appreciate this.

If this doesn't interest you, it sounds like there will be plenty more going in in the Arena and Raid Store. Or perhaps take a week off before the next month long grind begins.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Rework wrote: »
    Give em a break everyone. I have seen people ask for 2* versions of all these bots before. There are a lot of players in this game who are collectors more than high power battlers. They will appreciate this.

If this doesn't interest you, it sounds like there will be plenty more going in in the Arena and Raid Store. Or perhaps take a week off before the next month long grind begins.

Fully agree with this. Can’t satisfy everyone. There’s plenty going on for this throwback week that can easily find something of value to help grow your account.

• AREANASSSSS MY BOT FINALLY GETS MY ACTION MY BOT HASNT GOT ACTION SINCE I BEAT THE HOUND SPOTLIGHT HARD AND EXPERT
    this is my point, who is the best customer for kabam? the guys who collect the 2* bots (lol) or the pro battlers who have 7 4r5 on their base + 3 in the raid team and 3 others for the AM? show some respect to the hands that feeds your game. And by the way, if you want to make a collection, why do you not try a collection of 4* bots!? :/
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    I want All the bots! I was a noob and forged my rare two stars this is my chance at redemption. it’s fine it’s different. Bring it

PS really hope my sig arena is still there
  • Guys cut kabam some slack, We dont have as big of a dev team as Kabams other game, This game is in slowdown mode at the moment, We prob have a small bunch of devs working on the game, If this game gets more popular they may increase the size of the team again, But for now I can tell the team are trying their hardest to give us content that dont require too much resources and time (shark bots and now these two stars) Theres nothing wrong with that, Its either we get stuff like this or nothing due to the games lack of popularity atm, The core of the small dev team we got left, Are more than likely just working on bots because thats the main content of this game, More bots = more diverse gameplay in using and fighting and level design.

What the devs should be aiming for, Is a massive update for when the bumblebee movie comes out, Thats there best chance of getting some more traction for this game. Bumblebee should be revamped (hes fine as is but he should have some new mechanic about him to attract more people to get him, Abit boring if hes the same bot thats been in the game since the start)
    edited March 2018
    @WinterBlaze
    the problem is not the raid event, but stalling. we don't want new stuff, we want stuff that correspond to the level we are at. an update of the shop raid: the mod 2 * is useless, why not shards of premium mods for example..the opportunity to buy gold daily, buy more ta1, etc. Also, raising the level from 50 to 60 should not be so complicated. we understand the problem of the lack of players and therefore your resources affect on this game, but I do not think it will improve if you come to lose massively high level players who have invested a lot of time and money in the game because the focus does not seem to be at all put on them. for us it's completely ridiculous to win 3500 ta1 for a top10 after 4 days of AM at very high level. Rewards need to be update too. Not with new stuff, stuff already exist but who correspond at the level we play. It's just a couple of example. MY2C
  • Kabam I thought of a idea people always complain that they run out of energon by buying crystals why not do crystal shards for each character crystal it’s just an idea?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I see the pattern: designing new content is time-consuming. Making NPC playable is a lot easier. That's why we have Sharks, 2* bots, etc.
    Next we will fight a mod-only map.
  • I agree with @TheWolf and with @Southernslam although I'm not sure that that top players are the ones with the highest value for Kabam.
    Well, depending on what value is.
    If it's about reputation or any kind of traction to the game, yes, for sure.
    But if value is money, and it always is, then the new players, noobs, or collectors are definitely more valuable as they are more inclined into paying to get new bots or upgrades and not to be stucked.

If Kabam doesn't have enough developers for the game, they for sure have someone to look at the big figures.
  • Oh, and I agree with someone else earlier : any new content is fine.
    And maybe we will not have only 2* bots to get satisfied.
    The main problem is that this was the focus of the announcement.
    Daily items and other stuff may have some interest for the top players too.

Wait and see
  • SteelSHSteelSH Posts: 80
    Lot of good points from all of you and all vaild in there own rights. The devs can only do so much sometimes. And also you can never satisfy everyone ever. Some ppl will love it, some will not. It like playing music at a dance. Some ppl will like the music some will not. I experienced this myself lol there is only so much kabam can do. I feel at this point they are trying to get more players into the game which is a good thing. I like this event as a higher player thou. I like collecting the bots. And yes the 2* are forge food but also they are good fuller in the arena while waiting for your other bots to return. In a hour we will see how this event pans out.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    edited March 2018
    Mufc14 wrote: »
    We’ve also got special 48 hour (what about the other 5 days?)Arenas that will run this week where you can earn 4-Star Bots (for top 5 only) , 4-Star Crystal Shards (how much for top 1-2%?), and much, much more (much, much more nothing)!
    My mistake guys, the top 30 will get 3* crystal + 675 4* shards + much much more.
    Top 1-2% will get 500 4* shards (last time was 1800 shards for 2 days arena) + much much more.
    But most importantly there are 50 energon from the milestone which is wow.
    So if you desperately need that 500 shards then you need to start grinding now, you gonna need to score 4-5m to get them, forget top 30 it’s for cheaters & top spenders.
    Thanks Kaba$$$m

• RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    @Kabam Miike so much to do, so little time friend. I'm really excited about EVERYTHING you guys have offered this 5th week, but man, talk about overload. I'm trying to cram as much as I can man.. AM, raid event + AE, arena w/ milestones(words cannot describe my gratitude) +AE arena event, trying to hit all milestones and pretend in my head I could EVER get top 30. I play this game cause bw. But top 3, y'all couldn't have been just a little more generous? Player like me can put up 500k in a 1 day arena if given time. . But to hit top 30 in a 2 day arena, whilst doing AM AND raid event.. it's like you're forcing us to choose our poison.. can't have the whole lot. But, I'd like to end the gripe w again how happy excited and grateful I am to have something to play for
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I have been enjoying this...can't wait for that ramjet keep up the good work kabam...and know that you are awesome!
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    I am unclear on something:

Do the 2* characters in the store go through a rotation, or are more just added each day?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited March 2018
    iuJacob wrote: »
    I am unclear on something:

Do the 2* characters in the store go through a rotation, or are more just added each day?
    Of all announced bots, only 3 are put on shelf. Getting one of each requires 6000 chips which is roughly 8 raids, double if you want 3 dupes. So it's safe to suggest they'll be replaced by 3 others tomorrow.

By the way, raid shop has never been so rich in goods. 2* bots aside, there are full T1As and sig programs at the same time which help sinking those raid ships. This is cool.

• Everything might be good but about this but arena crystal reduced to 10 and thats for 2 days events.
    A little disappointing . Sorry
  • Everything might be good but about this but arena crystal reduced to 10 and thats for 2 days events.
    A little disappointing . Sorry

Good catch, I definitely missed that. That hurts! @Kabam Miike @Kabam Spice (who seems to be online) was that an oversight? It's definitely not made up in milestones.