Push notifications have gone missing?

Where have the push notifications gone for the game? I am no longer receiving push notifications when my team is back from an away mission, no notifications when my energy is restored, etc...They are all just gone. It's not my phone because I literally just got a new one and they are not pushing through on this one either. Did they take a vacation?!

Comments

  • BlogZmogisBlogZmogis Posts: 36
    I have the same problem
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 183
    I also have the same issue.
  • XhibitAXhibitA Posts: 201
    DonApis wrote: »
    I also have the same issue.

    Yeah, everyone in my alliance does too.
  • Last_FrontierLast_Frontier Posts: 290
    Yep, been AWOL for over a week.
  • XhibitAXhibitA Posts: 201
    Pinging this back to the top since no mod has checked it.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 467
    Mods do see every post, careful with bumping, you’ll get “warned” lol, as for notifications, they are working, I had the same issue back in last update with my iOS, reinstalled game and it didn’t work, restored device and it did the trick, your gonna have to restore your device to factory settings, not too sure what device you have but specs could help if you post those for the higher ups to see, but your best route would be to send a support ticket. Good luck
  • XhibitAXhibitA Posts: 201
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    Mods do see every post, careful with bumping, you’ll get “warned” lol, as for notifications, they are working, I had the same issue back in last update with my iOS, reinstalled game and it didn’t work, restored device and it did the trick, your gonna have to restore your device to factory settings, not too sure what device you have but specs could help if you post those for the higher ups to see, but your best route would be to send a support ticket. Good luck

    Restore my device? I just got the Pixel 2 XL on Friday and loaded the game then as well, I doubt restoring a brand new phone will do anything. The issue is on both my Pixel and Pixel 2 and folks in my alliance are not getting the push notifications either so it's not just me
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 467
    XhibitA wrote: »
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    Mods do see every post, careful with bumping, you’ll get “warned” lol, as for notifications, they are working, I had the same issue back in last update with my iOS, reinstalled game and it didn’t work, restored device and it did the trick, your gonna have to restore your device to factory settings, not too sure what device you have but specs could help if you post those for the higher ups to see, but your best route would be to send a support ticket. Good luck

    Restore my device? I just got the Pixel 2 XL on Friday and loaded the game then as well, I doubt restoring a brand new phone will do anything. The issue is on both my Pixel and Pixel 2 and folks in my alliance are not getting the push notifications either so it's not just me

    Maybe Android is having problems, but like I said, iOS is up and good
    hh2lj9ryqlck.jpeg
    2favydgwp1n7.png

  • InsanecloudInsanecloud Posts: 64
    Ya I have the google pixel and I have reinstalled the game, reset my phone to factory, force stopp r the game, and downloaded push notification apps to no avail
  • XhibitAXhibitA Posts: 201
    Ya I have the google pixel and I have reinstalled the game, reset my phone to factory, force stopp r the game, and downloaded push notification apps to no avail

    I have an alliance member with an iPhone who hasn't gotten a push notifications in a over a week. I guess I'll contact their ever so helpfull support team so they can tell me everything that's wrong with my new phone.
  • Last_FrontierLast_Frontier Posts: 290
    XhibitA wrote: »
    Ya I have the google pixel and I have reinstalled the game, reset my phone to factory, force stopp r the game, and downloaded push notification apps to no avail

    I have an alliance member with an iPhone who hasn't gotten a push notifications in a over a week. I guess I'll contact their ever so helpfull support team so they can tell me everything that's wrong with my new phone.

    Good luck. It's not worth the aggravation for me so I simply set a the timer on my Android phone to go off. NOTHING in this app should require a hard reset of the phone to get it to work properly.
  • XhibitAXhibitA Posts: 201
    XhibitA wrote: »
    Ya I have the google pixel and I have reinstalled the game, reset my phone to factory, force stopp r the game, and downloaded push notification apps to no avail

    I have an alliance member with an iPhone who hasn't gotten a push notifications in a over a week. I guess I'll contact their ever so helpfull support team so they can tell me everything that's wrong with my new phone.

    Good luck. It's not worth the aggravation for me so I simply set a the timer on my Android phone to go off. NOTHING in this app should require a hard reset of the phone to get it to work properly.

    Yeah, I'm not resetting my phone.
  • Hey everyone!

    Thanks for dropping by with this information. Sorry for the delay in a response on it. We'll have the rest of the team check into this.
  • Hey everyone!

    Thanks for dropping by with this information. Sorry for the delay in a response on it. We'll have the rest of the team check into this.

    Instant update!

    So, after a quick check, this was a known issue we were having prior that would cause the game to crash due to the notifications. Rather than allowing it to keep crashing, we turned off the notifications to preserve the state of the game. This, of course, doesn't mean we aren't working on a fix. Our teams are continuously investigating what may be causing this so we can resume the notifications.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 467
    Hey everyone!

    Thanks for dropping by with this information. Sorry for the delay in a response on it. We'll have the rest of the team check into this.

    Instant update!

    So, after a quick check, this was a known issue we were having prior that would cause the game to crash due to the notifications. Rather than allowing it to keep crashing, we turned off the notifications to preserve the state of the game. This, of course, doesn't mean we aren't working on a fix. Our teams are continuously investigating what may be causing this so we can resume the notifications.

    Please add a sound effect, a tone like other apps have, perhaps the transformation sound effect when the notification pops up.
  • Notifications have been turned back on. We were waiting for a fix that we have rolled out with 5.2. Please let me know if you still aren't seeing them over the next couple of days and we can look further.
  • XhibitAXhibitA Posts: 201
    edited March 13
    Thank your attention to this matter @Kabam Kavs and @Kabam Vydious!

    I have confirmed that push notifications are functioning again!
  • XhibitA wrote: »
    Thank your attention to this matter @Kabam Kavs and @Kabam Vydious!

    I have confirmed that push notifications are functioning again!

    Glad to hear it. :)
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 467
    Kabam Kavs wrote: »
    XhibitA wrote: »
    Thank your attention to this matter @Kabam Kavs and @Kabam Vydious!

    I have confirmed that push notifications are functioning again!

    Glad to hear it. :)
    Now as for that tone to signal us of our notification.
  • Last_FrontierLast_Frontier Posts: 290
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    Kabam Kavs wrote: »
    XhibitA wrote: »
    Thank your attention to this matter @Kabam Kavs and @Kabam Vydious!

    I have confirmed that push notifications are functioning again!

    Glad to hear it. :)
    Now as for that tone to signal us of our notification.

    That's an issue with your phone and how it handles notifications. I know my Android gives the same tone for the game, emails, text messages, etc.

    Glad to have the notifications back!
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 467
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    Kabam Kavs wrote: »
    XhibitA wrote: »
    Thank your attention to this matter @Kabam Kavs and @Kabam Vydious!

    I have confirmed that push notifications are functioning again!

    Glad to hear it. :)
    Now as for that tone to signal us of our notification.

    That's an issue with your phone and how it handles notifications. I know my Android gives the same tone for the game, emails, text messages, etc.

    Glad to have the notifications back!

    Oh, there’s a default basic generic tone that the phone pings with, and ever since iOS got rid of custom notification tones, it’s been rather boring, but certain apps have their own specific sound when a notice pops up, it would be cool if Kabam made a transformers themed sound for the app, like the transformation sound effect that’s already in the game files.
  • Last_FrontierLast_Frontier Posts: 290
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    Kabam Kavs wrote: »
    XhibitA wrote: »
    Thank your attention to this matter @Kabam Kavs and @Kabam Vydious!

    I have confirmed that push notifications are functioning again!

    Glad to hear it. :)
    Now as for that tone to signal us of our notification.

    That's an issue with your phone and how it handles notifications. I know my Android gives the same tone for the game, emails, text messages, etc.

    Glad to have the notifications back!

    Oh, there’s a default basic generic tone that the phone pings with, and ever since iOS got rid of custom notification tones, it’s been rather boring, but certain apps have their own specific sound when a notice pops up, it would be cool if Kabam made a transformers themed sound for the app, like the transformation sound effect that’s already in the game files.

    I gotcha. On Android I can still set a custom sound, didn't know iOS dumped that.

    I thought you meant you had no notification tone whatsoever and wanted them to supply one. Had me scratching my head lol.
  • hoolienweehoolienwee Posts: 104
    Great, notification back and crash return! Galaxy S8 international variant.
Sign In or Register to comment.