Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Arena no longer global? Feedback on prizes

DavienDavien Posts: 758
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
Heard from others that the last arena is now worldwide rankings? Will this be so from now on? Everyone seems to be seeing the same leaderboard.

Also what’s with the prize for 3-10% for the new arenas ? Just 175 4* shards while 1-2% gets 500 shards.. difference ain’t fair isn’t it? Hope you close some of that gap kabam. Don’t expect players to farm this much points just for 175 shards. Why not break it further to 3-4%, 5-6% etc like how you do with crystal bounty?

cu0aoecryr8w.png

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Miike said the regional Arena setting has not achieved their goal.
  • SwipeprimeSwipeprime Posts: 37
    edited March 2018
    Agree with the top post. I spended 8 hours of my life grinding this and rank 3-10%. 175* is kind of dissappoint. Sorry but next arena I am already out. Please consider readjust ranking for the next arenas, and regional ranking is already good don't mix them together. And I am in asia zone, a harder one, maybe.
    If you're in Asia you would be 'blessed' when merging cos the competition is sky high. But I'm out for this (and maybe all subsequent) Arena as well. Forged all my 3*'s to nail this.
  • TheWolfTheWolf Posts: 35
    edited March 2018
    In fact this arena is a freaking joke. Global is hell. I made 4M pts good for 1-2%, same rewards as my teamates who scored 2.4M. And to be honest, 500 shards for 99 series or 9 sessions of 11 series is poor as f***. In the regular crystal bounty we win 900 shards (1-2%) and have to play 3 sessions. I dont know who takes that kind of decision at Kabam office, but man give us a break and give us something who justified our many hours of play. All my team was pissed off when we saw that..
    Just to be clear, I'm going to play the minimum serie to get the step rewards 'cause I feel violated by the ridiculousness of your rank rewards
  • AnakinPrimeAnakinPrime Posts: 229
    Agreed with everything said. I will just hit milestones, then sit. 2 million for 3-10% is unbelievable. For what? Not much.....
    I can't figure how no one in the office doesn't raise a flag to say that it make no sense. 24 hours 900 4* shards (1-2%) and new arena 48 hours 500 4* shards (also 1-2%)..it's a massive step back and a total lack of respect towards the community of tftf.
    @Kabam Miike
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited March 2018
    @Kabam Miike please note the players’ unhappiness. I thought you were trying to encourage players to play more arena? The new arena prizes’ are a step backwards.
  • Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
    edited March 2018
    I love the people who were complaining about the regional arenas. Now your complaint about global, I knew you would, as if people were getting high scores in global to begin with. Bottom line Reginal arena helps. Enough people were [Removed by Moderation] about the region based that kabam took notice. I hope it goes back to global (but not really) you see how much you won’t progress.
    edited March 2018
    I love the people who were complaining about the regional arenas. Now your complaint about global, I knew you would, as if people were getting high scores in global to begin with. Bottom line Reginal arena helps. Enough people were [Removed by Moderation] about the region based that kabam took notice. I hope it goes back to global (but not really) you see how much you won’t progress.

Now that it’s back to global I’m not [Removed by Moderation] lol. I’m in Asia so global will definitely help me compete.

Just not happy with the rewards for the new arena. Nice to see milestones making a comeback though.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited March 2018
    TheWolf wrote: »
    I can't figure how no one in the office doesn't raise a flag to say that it make no sense. 24 hours 900 4* shards (1-2%) and new arena 48 hours 500 4* shards (also 1-2%)..it's a massive step back and a total lack of respect towards the community of tftf.
    @Kabam Miike

While i see your point, it's not entirely accurate.

There are 3 special arenas this week. If you were to place top 1-2% in each, you'd get 1500 4* shards. It's not that far off from the regular crystal bounty.

Since they are 48hrs, logic dictates you'd also need twice as many points to hit the same prize bracket. This should come as no surprise.

I also don't think this is replacing the crystal bounty, this is a bonus to the players if I'm not mistaken?

So, all the shards here are in addition to what we will get when crystal bounty rolls around again.

Assuming that's correct, I don't really see the payouts as a problem. Just don't participate if you think it's a waste of time. Problem solved.
  • Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
    edited March 2018
    Davien wrote: »

Now that it’s back to global I’m not [Removed by Moderation] lol. I’m in Asia so global will definitely help me compete.

Just not happy with the rewards for the new arena. Nice to see milestones making a comeback though.

For the Asia players this is great and yes milestones are nice to see.
  • Scump45Scump45 Posts: 5
    When arena brackets became regional it was mentioned in the updates now that it changed we never got a heads up
  • I assumed this was global because it’s a throwback to when the arenas were global and had milestones etc. Has it been said anywhere that this is a move back to global arenas or is that just speculation?

Regardless, the current prizes are a joke. It’s all very well leaving the boundaries as they were before, but setting the prizes so low compared to everything else is just stupid. It probably pays as well to spend all day raiding and collect the 2* bots and forge them - you’d probably get more 4* shards that way than from the arena, and with a lot less effort involved!
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    2.2m got 1-2% fyi, so you weren't far away
    lilbeastie wrote: »
    I assumed this was global because it’s a throwback to when the arenas were global and had milestones etc. Has it been said anywhere that this is a move back to global arenas or is that just speculation?

Regardless, the current prizes are a joke. It’s all very well leaving the boundaries as they were before, but setting the prizes so low compared to everything else is just stupid. It probably pays as well to spend all day raiding and collect the 2* bots and forge them - you’d probably get more 4* shards that way than from the arena, and with a lot less effort involved!

This raised concern the moment I saw the reluctance to give further infoon this arena. This is the pattern when they introduced Sig Arena and not saying a thing about taking out a Xtal bounty. You see the 2* raid event has been detailed but nothing is said about this 2 day Arena then there might be a problem. Now there is.
    edited March 2018
    DaveJL wrote: »
    2.2m got 1-2% fyi, so you weren't far away

thanks.. decided not to invest more time into it.. will just aim for 3%. Points requirements will keep increasing anyway.
    @Manthro 1-2% crystal bounty give 900 shards for 24h, this one 500 for 48h is pretty far, 6 days for 1500 shards or 2 days for 1800..

I've used the crystal bounty to figure how the rewards are poor. I understand this week are not to replace crystal bounty..but just to remember you something, the first time new bot was available for 5 weeks the 5th weeks we had 7 days of crystal bounty + special mission with scout bumblebee. The next was the shark week where, with always 1-2% and couple of daily raid I have opened 4x 4* shark crystal. This month we have 2* bots in raid and a possible 1500 shards for a week of arenas..So, yeah its a bonus but imho its also a massive step back
    Whenever there are 'new' bots, there's a boost in participation. Remember Shark arena? Now there's this 2* raid week which got scoffed at by many but in fact, some of the top players even paid energon tickets to get 5 of each! (Until I told them to stop and think about the Sig Bounty Arena)
    TheWolf wrote: »
    @Manthro 1-2% crystal bounty give 900 shards for 24h, this one 500 for 48h is pretty far, 6 days for 1500 shards or 2 days for 1800..

I've used the crystal bounty to figure how the rewards are poor. I understand this week are not to replace crystal bounty..but just to remember you something, the first time new bot was available for 5 weeks the 5th weeks we had 7 days of crystal bounty + special mission with scout bumblebee. The next was the shark week where, with always 1-2% and couple of daily raid I have opened 4x 4* shark crystal. This month we have 2* bots in raid and a possible 1500 shards for a week of arenas..So, yeah its a bonus but imho its also a massive step back

don't forget that these arenas have better milestones as well - a decent amount of energon
  • xxerexxxxerexx Posts: 96
    Just looking at the rewards in general they're atrocious both as a 2 day run (arena crystals) and in general, a special superior crystal as the top incentive? That's well below every arena except the old 1/2* limited featured bot arenas. I feel like the rewards are kabam testing us to see how many will grind/spend regardless of the rewards.

On the other hand the combining of regions is interesting and for the 1-2% and below appears to be an improvement overall. ~1.1mil in a day wouldn't get you 1-2% in any good arena (i.e. not raider) in the NA region. It would be interesting to see the results from a regionless crystal bounty to get a better idea.
  • @xxerexx regionless arena are interesting if you're not used to / aiming at the top 10 in your region.
    guys why are we talking about crystal bounty arena? This isn't a crystal bounty arena but there are 4* shards as a reward. They are a bonus really...
  • xxerexx wrote: »
    Just looking at the rewards in general they're atrocious both as a 2 day run (arena crystals) and in general, a special superior crystal as the top incentive? That's well below every arena except the old 1/2* limited featured bot arenas. I feel like the rewards are kabam testing us to see how many will grind/spend regardless of the rewards.

On the other hand the combining of regions is interesting and for the 1-2% and below appears to be an improvement overall. ~1.1mil in a day wouldn't get you 1-2% in any good arena (i.e. not raider) in the NA region. It would be interesting to see the results from a regionless crystal bounty to get a better idea.

I suspect it has more to do with the milestones (imagine that!) than the globalization of the arena. People who skip arena as not worth it are coming back for the energon and arena crystals.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Don’t know if arenas are global or regional, but I was finally able to hit 1% - 2% (the first one) and collect some 4 star shards. However, I don’t think it was worth it. I get just about the same amount for a little less effort for 3% - 4% in the 1 day crystal bounty arenas. I’m now just doing these 2 day arenas for the milestones and then taking a rest.

I feel bad for the folks who got top 30 and then pulled a 3 star bot.
  • Swipeprime wrote: »
    Agree with the top post. I spended 8 hours of my life grinding this and rank 3-10%. 175* is kind of dissappoint. Sorry but next arena I am already out. Please consider readjust ranking for the next arenas, and regional ranking is already good don't mix them together. And I am in asia zone, a harder one, maybe.

Just play to max out milestone rewards and call it a day. I might spend an hour in arena and still get either 3-10% or 11-25% and still get to keep my sanity.
  • Phoenix8318Phoenix8318 Posts: 117
    The beast arena I got roughly 1.2 million points and that landed me in the 3-10% bracket. On the generations arena i stopped at 700k something, and got the same rank. So I really cant see a point going for more than a bit over the milestones if you have a real life with things to do. Granted that those 500k points in difference is not that much when you line up a streak with 4 star bots, but for those with lesser bots it can be a really unnecessary time consuming effort.

The rewards below top 30 are not worth the time it takes to get them. But, on a positive note, I do like milestones! And the raid store items including the forge fodder is much appriciated.
  • xxerexxxxerexx Posts: 96
    edited March 2018
    @xxerexx regionless arena are interesting if you're not used to / aiming at the top 10 in your region.

Depends which region you were in. If regions top weren't similar it will hurt some and be a benefit to others. This is a good example of why splitting a game based off of physical regions isn't fair.
  • Agreed.

(The positive bit for me : I'll have some rest, not even trying to reach / stay in top 10 for the most played arenas)
  • MallowmanMallowman Posts: 125
    Are we going back to regional after throwback event? Need some mod support @Kabam Miike
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Mallowman wrote: »
    Are we going back to regional after throwback event? Need some mod support @Kabam Miike

I'm pretty sure we are going back to regional arena after this event end