Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Soundwave Powerleak vs Powerlock

Soundwave is good but he's quickly losing ground to other bots as the new bots with new mechanics are released. Something I never understood is why he has powerleak on s1 and powerlock on s3. By the time you're at s3 your enemy is likely close to the same. These should be swapped. Have his chance on s1 to powerlock and have his s3 leak. Right now neither is effective, powerleak is too short but on s3 it could have a chance to block an immediate s3 counter from the enemy.

Most of the time playing with him it's charge to s2 and repeat.
Tagged:

Comments

• Thanks for the suggestion! I'll take this to the team.

A quick note though! From my own experience, I like to use Soundwave's Special 1, heavy and repeat. I know it doesn't do as much damage, but the Power Leak and Stun chance can help you take control of an especially annoying opponent. This is great against Demo bots, and other bots that rely on their Special Attacks to apply Debuffs or deal their damage.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Thanks @Kabam Miike I have done that occasionally but I've also used S1 so many times with no trigger of stun or leak that it wasn't worth it. After the much deserved buffs to Shockwave he just doesn't seem to hold up. Shockwave leaking on ranged and guaranteed on S1 really outdoes Soundwave these days. At this point they are very similar but Shock is winning.

Of course he has constant power gain but he's not keeping up on control. In addition while his sig is great on base defense it's a little dated as well.

Just some random ideas.

1. Take away the stun from s1 make it 100% chance to powerleak
    2. Give him different shields at each special level, perhaps 1. reflect 2. energon shield etc.
    3. Or, have his s3 grant him energon shield, would be a much bigger motivator to use s3
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    kranders wrote: »
    Thanks @Kabam Miike I have done that occasionally but I've also used S1 so many times with no trigger of stun or leak that it wasn't worth it. After the much deserved buffs to Shockwave he just doesn't seem to hold up. Shockwave leaking on ranged and guaranteed on S1 really outdoes Soundwave these days. At this point they are very similar but Shock is winning.

Of course he has constant power gain but he's not keeping up on control. In addition while his sig is great on base defense it's a little dated as well.

Just some random ideas.

2. Give him different shields at each special level, perhaps 1. reflect 2. energon shield etc.
    3. Or, have his s3 grant him energon shield, would be a much bigger motivator to use s3

I like these ideas, but maybe just keep the shield on reflect. I pretty much only use his S3 when I didn’t have a chance to squeeze out his S2.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    edited March 2018
    Didn’t we learn our lesson with UM? :D

Great when using him but also think about facing him too.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    kranders wrote: »

Just some random ideas.

Love the idea! But I'm pretty scared of increased reflect damage. Good thing our bots are invulnerable while doing specials