Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bot Intel Report - Kickback

2»

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Darm0k wrote: »
    kranders wrote: »

Because there were way too many variables here (Some bots change forms for all of their specials, some for only their special 2 or 3, Soundwave doesn't ever change form) there was no rule that we could apply to all surrounding the use of the T-Cog, so we had to make a choice, and that was to just apply it to the Heavy Attacks of All Bots.

Soundwave doesn't transform for his heavy either.

Oooo, he's immune!

Ha ha, I'm guessing not though, but..............

he can throw one cassette onto the ground if you like
  • The newest addition to the Insecticons is finally here! Are you ready for Kickback to join your teams, Commanders?

Check out his Intel Report: https://transformersforgedtofight.com/bot-intel-report-kickback/

Can we get movie 1 Jazz next? Pls
  • SkBirdman wrote: »
    His bio reads like Bombshell. He didnt manipulate minds.

He also speaks like Shrapnel so more than likely he will be the only insecticon we get. A pity. Would have loved to have the set (or at least Shrapnel). (T_T)
  • so keen! grinding now!
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    So definitely worth a rank 4? I do find it hard to get enough power leaks to work up enough healing with the special 3
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I think he's one of the best scouts out there. Definitely R5.
  • ReworkRework Posts: 122
    So now that some players have had time to play Kickback, any more detailed reviews? Is he as good in action as he looks on paper?

Asking because I am ready to R4 a scout. I am deciding between Windblade (awakened) and the Kickback I should have in a few more days...
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Rework wrote: »
    So now that some players have had time to play Kickback, any more detailed reviews? Is he as good in action as he looks on paper?

Asking because I am ready to R4 a scout. I am deciding between Windblade (awakened) and the Kickback I should have in a few more days...

I’d do windblade, while Kickback is a great power control bot his health and attack stats are quite lacking, it’s best you’d go for Windblade with her killer attack and bleeds
  • Stick with windblade. I just took kick to r4 (mainly because I can't roll WB to save my life), and while good, he's not on par with her. He doesn't crit nearly enough if I can hammer a tech bot straight to sp2 before the first crit/power leak pops. Still fun to play though.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    edited March 2018
    I’m loving kickback, I r4 because my generations con build needed a new con scout, his t-clog is great on heavy spammers like megs, great against a unlocked rhinox and Soundwave, shock is no longer a threat and he can steal any power gain from bots that use it, unlocked sideswipe? No power gain for you.
    He mostly crits on tech bots, but he still has a decently high crit proc, but the synergy is what makes him a must with ram and motor, his sp1 is fun too, you can connect with one full screen kunai and go straight into the long range beam, for a slightly longer fight, build up 2 full bars and the last to half or just a little to full, connect a sp2 to build up those power drains then convert them to shocks with sp1, with his synergy on watch that HP melt, he’s fun to use, he’s definitely no windblade, he plays more like mirage, which requires a bit more strategy and skill to use, and who doesn’t like his praying mantis stance with a king fu ninja fight style?
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    I’m deciding between Kickback or Barricade to rank up... any advice? I can’t roll with WB either :D
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    I’m deciding between Kickback or Barricade to rank up... any advice? I can’t roll with WB either :D
    If you have a cinematic team build, do Barry, if you have a generations team build then KbK, if you have ramjet and motormaster, then kickback all the way
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758

I’d do windblade, while Kickback is a great power control bot his health and attack stats are quite lacking, it’s best you’d go for Windblade with her killer attack and bleeds

I suck with Windblade tho.. she has such low health. A few hits on her and she's a goner..

Kickback can control a battle very well due to affecting power flow (reduced power flow debuff). All his skills are nice and flashy too. He'd punish any opponents that are generating power easily. Windblade need to land sp1 for it.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Davien wrote: »

I suck with Windblade tho.. she has such low health. A few hits on her and she's a goner..

Kickback can control a battle very well due to affecting power flow (reduced power flow debuff). All his skills are nice and flashy too. He'd punish any opponents that are generating power easily. Windblade need to land sp1 for it.

But kickback also has quite low health, become a ninja ;)
    edited April 2018
    His movements, particularly his sidestep to counter-combo need to be reworked too. Until then, I'd hold off on r4ing him. If they can solve his movement issues (Ramjet too) then they'll be a fantastic team to work with but as of now, I'd wait and see what happens.

I run Grimlock, Ramjet, and Kickback as my raid team and while everything else about Kickback is great (nothing beats seeing 8-10 stacks of shock), I'm still getting too much of his health knocked off or just flat out KO'd because he can't sidestep-counter reliably.

EDIT: one more thing I forgot: bots are routinely dodging or blocking KB's sp1 after coming out of a combo. This also happens with Ramjet too. 99% of the time using other bots I can combo+sp1 without any problem, but these 2 guys have issues there.

Also: Please fix the purify issue with the Exo-Filter mod. Kickback and Ramjet are worthless against that mod until it's fixed so it doesn't purify their debuffs.

@Kabam Miike, will they be pushing either of these fixes through in the update this week? Thanks!
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited April 2018
    Synthwave wrote: »

Also: Please fix the purify issue with the Exo-Filter mod. Kickback and Ramjet are worthless against that mod until it's fixed so it doesn't purify their debuffs.

@Kabam Miike, will they be pushing either of these fixes through in the update this week? Thanks!

The whole purpose of the exo filter mod is to purify debuffs (and heal off them if awakened).. remove that ability and it pretty much becomes worthless.

It's not just for damaging debuffs, it's for all debuffs.

There is no issue with it except that you don't like it. It only comes into play on raids anyway.

Play around it instead of banging your head against the wall.
    Manthro wrote: »

The whole purpose of the exo filter mod is to purify debuffs (and heal off them if awakened).. remove that ability and it pretty much becomes worthless.

There is no issue with it except that you don't like it. It only comes into play on raids anyway.

Kabam has already confirmed that exo purifying this synergy is a bug, they will fix.
    edited April 2018
    Manthro wrote: »

Yeah, I gotta disagree with you. That's like saying the whole purpose of Harm Accelerators is to eat away at the health of bots, so why have Grimlock and Beast Purification. Those abilities and synergies are in the game for a reason and so is Kickback's synergy. We're talking 3 bots out of 30-whatever bots who can do this, so I don't think that makes it strange to ask that the synergy works as advertised.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Sorry to necro this thread, but since I'm still jailed I can't post a question.
    I was fighting Blaster recently and threw a Tclog on him, and he sp2'd me while under the clog.
    Is the Tclog supposed to only affect heavies? Because seems to me Blaster transformed just fine during his special....he actually did the special, then threw a heavy right after and was stunned...same Tclog.
    @Kabam Miike can you clarify?
  • BiomechronBiomechron Posts: 82
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Sorry to necro this thread, but since I'm still jailed I can't post a question.
    I was fighting Blaster recently and threw a Tclog on him, and he sp2'd me while under the clog.
    Is the Tclog supposed to only affect heavies? Because seems to me Blaster transformed just fine during his special....he actually did the special, then threw a heavy right after and was stunned...same Tclog.
    @Kabam Miike can you clarify?

I think it's stated previously in this thread that t-clog only affects heavies. Even though a lot of bots transform during their special attacks and some don't during heavies, there is no reliable rule about it so they just decided to let it affect all heavy attacks. Would be waaaaay too powerful if it cancelled out all special attacks :-)
    Ahh. Thanks. This thread was far too long to search for a specific thing.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Ahh. Thanks. This thread was far too long to search for a specific thing.

It’s only 2 pages.
    Gotta love it when someone is just dying to get a remark in to show their superiority.
  • D3v1LD3v1L Posts: 65
    You guys both have the same forum pic.Be friends.
    No hard feelings here.
    We are all in the same boat.