Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

4* ranking advice

Hey guy looking for suggestions on which 4* bot to rank up from 2/5 to 3/5. Options are;
Mixmaster
Hound
Barricade
My only other 4* at 3/5 is Motormaster. Thanks for the advice!

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Are any of them duped?

Right off the bat, I'd say Barricade and Motormaster, but again.. depends
  • K_Z1K_Z1 Posts: 5
    Nope, no dupes yet.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I’d say Barricade
  • Definitely barricade, hound and mixmaster are among if not THE worst bots in the game right now. Barricade’s actually pretty awesome though, his backfire ability can do a surprising amount of damage when baiting out specials!
  • VouterVouter Posts: 25
    edited March 2018
    barricade...no doubt
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Barricade is a well designed bot because power control and damage are balanced. If opponent has power but you don't, their power increase your damage. If they have power and you have power too, then their power is yours to steal or to backfire. So it's a win-win. Not to mention he has Evade upon knock down, higher move speed, and a ranged heavy to play cowardly when needed.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Hound: Totally weak, forget him
    Mixi: He is OK, wouldn’t be first choice though
    Barricade: Top tier, profits a lot from being duped though. But has good use undupe
    Motormaster: Top tier, but same here profits a lot from dupe

Short: Barricade or MM
  • K_Z1K_Z1 Posts: 5
    Thanks guys, I was just about to rank up barricade and I got lucky with premiums. I got a 4* galvatron, windblade and bludgeon. Should I stick with barricade or one of the new bots? Thanks again
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    All 3 new bots are also good.

Rule Bludgeon out for now... Really only good once duped and/or combined with swordmasters synergy.

Windblade... Very good bot.. arguably better than Barricade. All about preference, and if you can build swordmaster synergy around her. Also good for bleed/shock lanes on map 3.

Galvatron... One of the biggest damage dealers in game even unduped after the buff to his skillset. Arguably the best demo bot depending on who you talk to and if they like IH.

• SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yeah I'd say it's a toss up between Windblade and Galvatron at this point. Either are fine choices.

WB is a glass cannon but she'll definitely make you a better player as you learn to try and keep her alive and out of harm's way. She doesn't play around with that sword.

Barricade is pretty good though too, especially when synergized with Demotron and BC. Backfiring opponents to death is also quite satisfying as well.
  • Raptor22Raptor22 Posts: 111
    Barricade... that bot is wicked against stronger bots.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    Galvatron... One of the biggest damage dealers in game even unduped after the buff to his skillset. Arguably the best demo bot depending on who you talk to and if they like IH.

Agreed, Galv i think has a higher theoretical output but you have to work for it, IH is all about laying back and cheesing it with heavies :)
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Definitely barricade, hound and mixmaster are among if not THE worst bots in the game right now. Barricade’s actually pretty awesome though, his backfire ability can do a surprising amount of damage when baiting out specials!

Mix have been buffed by a lot already.. try using his rank 2 4* duped version and you'll be amazed by his damage once he got his buffs stacked. I like using him a lot in Arena. when blocking he removes a lot of damage too and if timed properly can gain +1 special damage or crit dmg buff.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    but yea among your list Barricade is the best bot in the list to rank up.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Any bot you don't think for a single second when building your Map3 team is the bottom tier/arena fodder.
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    Manthro wrote: »
    All 3 new bots are also good.

Rule Bludgeon out for now... Really only good once duped and/or combined with swordmasters synergy.

Windblade... Very good bot.. arguably better than Barricade. All about preference, and if you can build swordmaster synergy around her. Also good for bleed/shock lanes on map 3.

I hate you Manthro. But I agree with you about Galvie and IH.

If you have the resources to rank up to R3, then go for Barricade or Motormaster first. Then work your way down with the others. Definitely stay away from bludgeon unless he is duped.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    barricade all the way. mix and hound are wanting, two under performing bots. barricade is awesome.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    galv wb and bludge are also good. im a scout kind of guy though.