Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Transformers Forged to Fight: 1 Year Anniversary, New Content, New Features, and Much More!

Commanders!

On April 5th 2017, Transformers: Forged to Fight was launched Worldwide! It’s been just under a year since then, and so much has happened in New Quintessa! From lots of new Bots to completely changing Game Modes, our first year was full of new additions and constant change.

With our One Year Anniversary on the horizon, we’re nowhere near done with giving you new content, new features, and throwing some big changes into the fight! In fact, we’ve got quite a few things planned to celebrate this momentous occasion!

Anniversary Events

To celebrate the One Year Anniversary, we’re kicking everything off with a special limited-time Boost and Event Calendars! For the Commanders that have been with us since the beginning, log in to receive an exclusive Anniversary Relic!

The first Special Event Calendar kicks off on March 28th, and counts down to the launch of Version 6.0!

Introducing: Objectives

Objectives are a way to get additional rewards for completing simple tasks in game. These tasks can range from completing fights, to levelling up a Bot. Every time you complete an Objective, you’ll be given Rewards!

You’ll not only be able to complete Daily Objectives, but also unlock Achievements that are harder to attain, but grant even greater rewards From time to time, there may also be a special limited-time Objective set.

5-Star Bots

With every passing day, more and more Commanders are reaching a place where they have built a roster of fully Ranked and Leveled 4-Star Bots. Right now, this is the most powerful that a Commander can become. This also means that we are capped with the content that we can create.

We want to give Commanders more goals to work towards and grow, and to not cap your power quite so quickly. It also lets us introduce more challenging content as Commanders will be able to grow past the point where they currently are. This includes higher difficulty levels of Alliance Missions, higher difficulty levels in Spotlight Missions, and further iterations of Legends of Cybertron.

We know you’ll have lots of questions about 5-Star Bots. Stay tuned, because we’ll be giving you much more information next week, including how you’ll get them, which Bots will be available, and when you’ll be able to use them.

Master Difficulty in Spotlight Missions

Introducing a brand new difficulty level for our Monthly Spotlight Missions! Master Difficulty is a step above even Expert Difficulty, and will prove a true challenge for Commanders, and promises some very exciting rewards! We’ll also be toning down Expert Difficulty to give a more natural progression between Hard and Master. You’ll get your first chance to experience this new difficulty when the new Spotlight Mission starts in April.

Difficulty 100 for Ancient Sanctum

Ancient Sanctum is adding Difficulty 81 to 100 for Alliances that feel that they can brave those Challenges, and raises the ceiling as players start ranking up new 5-Stars.

Revenge of the King

It’s time for Grimlock to show you what he’s made of in the next chapter of Legends of Cybertron! In “Revenge of the King”, you’ll battle against a host of super-powered Bots for some awesome rewards!

Milestones in Arenas

You’ve asked for it, and they’re coming back! Milestones are coming back to all Arenas! We’re also going to be combining the Raid and Mod Arenas, and introducing a new Resource Arena where you can score more Gold!

Commander Level Increase to 55!

That’s 5 more Mastery points, and even greater rewards for reaching those levels than ones before! Speaking of more Mastery Points….

New Masteries

5 New Masteries will be ready for you to use!

- Stand Together grants bonus Attack against the final boss in Missions for each squad member that isn’t KO’d.
- Assassin grants bonus attack and reduced ability triggers to enemies below 18% Health
- Capacitor generates Power while affected by Shock Debuffs and damage.
- Perfect Block adds a chance to prevent all damage while blocking.
- Last Stand allows Bots at low health to maintain their Block during a heavy attack.

Lots More!

This is already a lot to take in, but there’s still more on the way!

- The Raid Store has been updated with new items, including Tier 3 Basic Essence and Tier 2 Alpha Essence.
- Auto Fight functionality has been enabled for Raids.
- Away Missions have been completely overhauled, adding new rewards and challenge.
- Raid matchmaking has been updated to give fewer Quintesson encounters.
- Medium Level Difficulty Dailies now run on Sunday as well
- The maximum friends has increased to 50, up from 25.
- The maximum "Helps" to fulfill at once has increased to 18, up from 12.
- Tier 2 Class Sparks can now be sold for Tier 3 Class Spark Essence.

We know this is a lot of information to throw at you all at once, and that you probably have LOTS of questions, but we just couldn’t wait any longer to give you all a glimpse at what’s coming your way! We’ll have more information as we get closer to the release of Version 6.0, so stay tuned!

Comments

• Phoenix8318Phoenix8318 Posts: 117
    Looks good! Milestones ☝️
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    This checked off a lot of boxes on my list, but the biggest uncertainty for me is the 5-Star bots. I would've thought they'd have been at least another 6 months out or so. I hope that's not a misstep.

Excited for everything else though. I hope a relic loadout system is in the works too; that's becoming sorely needed.
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    This checked off a lot of boxes on my list, but the biggest uncertainty for me is the 5-Star bots. I would've thought they'd have been at least another 6 months out or so. I hope that's not a misstep.

Excited for everything else though. I hope a relic loadout system is in the works too; that's becoming sorely needed.

I was waiting for somebody to bring this up! We totally understand why this might seem too soon for some, but the fact of the matter is that we already have quite a few Commanders pushing the limits of their 4-Star Roster.

While there are still Commanders that are not quite there yet, this is future proofing our content. As we add more content, and make more difficult content, we needed to open up that power cap, and also give players something new and more powerful to work towards. This means that there is lots more content for all Commanders, including new Commanders as well!
  • Omega_benOmega_ben Posts: 78
    Wow I remember when this game first arrived and watching Mr LT say the game maybe scrapped cause it wasn't doing well now look at it almost a year old I may not have a maxed out 4* bot but can't wait for my first 5* and glad to see all this new content I have been bored of this game for a few weeks and don't care for Kickback so not much to do but this new update will bring me back into this game keep up the good work KABAM I support you all 100%
  • Omega_benOmega_ben Posts: 78
    edited March 2018
    Things I'm exited for
    5* Bots
    Objectives
    Master Difficulty
    Perfect Block
    5 more commander levels and milestones coming bk

Well done KABAM
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    edited March 2018
    To quote Billups1201..”I hope that Relic doesn’t give more gold in RoK”

I concur lol
  • Billups1201Billups1201 Posts: 118
    I hope this means the AS map crystals will also receive a boost. They are pretty lame if you ask me. @Kabam Miike
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Synthwave wrote: »

I was waiting for somebody to bring this up! We totally understand why this might seem too soon for some, but the fact of the matter is that we already have quite a few Commanders pushing the limits of their 4-Star Roster.

While there are still Commanders that are not quite there yet, this is future proofing our content. As we add more content, and make more difficult content, we needed to open up that power cap, and also give players something new and more powerful to work towards. This means that there is lots more content for all Commanders, including new Commanders as well!

About what percentage of the player base is the comanders that have fully capped rosters? Is it more than 20%?
  • Synthwave wrote: »

Yeah, considering how much of a pain getting a specific 4* is, I'm not terribly thrilled to hear about 5* bots. I guess it'll depend if it's the same RNG process of everything else that makes or breaks them.

I'm torn regarding the new spotlight difficulty. Personally I'm just getting a handle on expert and not looking forward to a harder level just yet lol. You can say "it's not for everyone", but the rewards are needed by the upper mid-level players just to advance and not fall crazy far behind the top level players. You know what happens when the top catapults to far ahead of everyone else? They get bored! Also, you have to remember that not everyone has had a year to perfect their skills, or build these huge 4* rosters.

One thing that definitely needs to be looked at is the alliance event milestone rewards. The milestones need to be made personal so people who don't enjoy a specific aspect of the game don't hold others back. You can count the total score for alliance rankings, but that's all it should count for. Someone who auto fights a single "easy" spotlight mission shouldn't be getting the same milestone rewards as someone who fully explores expert for the event. A lot of people don't like raiding (as another example) so unless the alliance makes it mandatory (good luck), those who get 20k+ event points still miss out on the top milestones. The only exception would be "bot battle" since the boss killing points are so huge compared to the arena fighting points.
  • Negan13Negan13 Posts: 22
    finally the maj that everyone expected very good work kabam
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    Definitely exceeded my expectations, great job kabam!
  • SteelSHSteelSH Posts: 80
    edited March 2018
    Wow i knew they would add 5*s in one year anniversary. Now before anyone gets to excited. As a mcoc vet im going to express a word of warning. You most likely will not get a 5* for a few months after they release. Most likely it will take 10k shards to make a 5*. With 5*s will be a new wall for rankings, t4b & t4c. At the beginning you will normally be able to rank so far and they may not be as powerful as your top 4* bots for another few months. So my warning also includes that DO NOT FORGE YOUR 4* bot out of the gate!!!!! Wait and see whats better. Just dont want y’all to regret it and be out a good bot
  • Looks promising globally.

I wish I will be able to play the new content, without buying a new phone.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Looks like a lot of updates coming up for the game at the beginning of next month. I understand there are a lot of top players with maxed out 4 stars, but I'm assuming there are even a lot more than that that are not even close to that.

With the introduction of 5 star bots (I guess I expected it to eventually come out) and the harder content which I'm sure will give much greater rewards, I feel the rift between us and the top players will grow even larger. And for alliances as well.

Yeah, I'm sure the top players/alliances may have started to get a little bored (?), but dang it's been hard to build a 4 star roster and rank them to even remotely try to catch up.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    all the paying customers are maxed for awhile now, and about 5% of the none paying or small paying are too.
    Breesfan_9 wrote: »
    Too many people that are maxed!? Maybe 5% of players (biggest spenders). Sounds like a major Money grab. Non spenders can’t barely achieve 5/50 4*s ..... oh well.

• @Kabam Miike what will the 5* pool look like?
  • TookersTookers Posts: 28
    edited March 2018
    Everyone is capped out on bots cause only one bot a month is given out! You should keep the one featured as chips and another as arena! 5* is abit too early! Only spenders are getting t3 class sparks! I have a crappy device and cant rol and rewards for am only top 5% are getting t3 class shards
    Tookers wrote: »
    Everyone is capped out on bots 2 cause only one bot a month is given out! You should keep the one featured as chips and another as arena! 5* is abit too early! Only spenders are getting t3 class sparks! I have a crappy device and cant rol and rewards for am only top 5% are getting t3 class shards

“Not wveryone can do it” is kabams way of saying its for spenders only
    Everyone is capped out on bots 2 cause only one bot a month is given out! You should keep the one featured as chips and another as arena! 5* is abit too early! Only spenders are getting t3 class sparks! I have a crappy device and cant rol and rewards for am only top 5% are getting t3 class shards

*everyone
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    Any update to the Ancient Sanctum crystals @Kabam Miike ? The rewards ain't worth the effort.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    I’m excited about everything except the 5 star bots. Too early.
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    @Kabam Miike what will the 5* pool look like?

Brawler shark, tech shark, warrior shark, scout shark, tactition shark, demolition shark
  • ZangZang Posts: 34
    And still no alliance war :(
    It’s the most expected mode that we are waiting for
  • Lapras wrote: »
    I remember multiple times where @Kabam Miike said there are no plans to add 5* bots to the game. Sadly, this may be the beginning of the end for me. It took me a HUGE amount of time and grinding to max out a 4* bot both in terms of ranking it up and forging. I really have no interest in starting that whole process over with 5* bots.

Maybe there is more details to come, but I was really hoping for some new games modes and gameplay features. Just adding stronger bots so you can do the same thing at a higher level is not very exciting.

Did I really say that? I don't think I have, but if I have, I am very sorry for misleading you. 5-Stars have been in our plans for quite some time, but only now have we felt comfortable adding them in.

I'm sorry that you feel this way, but if it helps at all, 5-Star Bots are not going to be as easy to obtain as 4-Star Bots, and the Rank Up materials are not going to be as readily available. Additionally, we are implementing methods that will make 4-Star and 3-Star Bots easier to obtain.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    super excited for this update
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    Lapras wrote: »
    I remember multiple times where @Kabam Miike said there are no plans to add 5* bots to the game. Sadly, this may be the beginning of the end for me. It took me a HUGE amount of time and grinding to max out a 4* bot both in terms of ranking it up and forging. I really have no interest in starting that whole process over with 5* bots.

Maybe there is more details to come, but I was really hoping for some new games modes and gameplay features. Just adding stronger bots so you can do the same thing at a higher level is not very exciting.

Did I really say that? I don't think I have, but if I have, I am very sorry for misleading you. 5-Stars have been in our plans for quite some time, but only now have we felt comfortable adding them in.

I'm sorry that you feel this way, but if it helps at all, 5-Star Bots are not going to be as easy to obtain as 4-Star Bots, and the Rank Up materials are not going to be as readily available. Additionally, we are implementing methods that will make 4-Star and 3-Star Bots easier to obtain.

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/795/will-5-stars-soon-be-added

To be fair you did say that “plans could change”
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Making 4 Star bots easier to obtain is like making 3 Star bot easier to obtain currently. I’m no longer excited to get a 3 star bot since I need 4 star bots to really compete in arenas — oh and for missions. I wonder if I’ll feel like that down the road when getting a 4 star bot from crystals a 5 star bot.