Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Cheaters in the Rotk

ShuckermliShuckermli Posts: 24
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
I heard some stupid players are using a cheat software in the Revenge of the King, There are a lot of players finished with his moneys or energons and items, thats not fair, plase dont let them to finish and take back rewards

Comments

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    It might take 3 months or more for Kabam to ban 1 cheater
  • splendicsplendic Posts: 56
    Kabam has (almost) no idea people are cheating unless they get reported.

A lot of cheaters slipped through RoK until they finally realized it was unlikely for so many people to finish it.

Maybe this time they'll actually be more on the lookout for it. I guess we'll see.

But if the cheaters aren't getting caught cheating during raids by other players, they're probably getting away with it.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    splendic wrote: »

A lot of cheaters slipped through RoK until they finally realized it was unlikely for so many people to finish it.

Maybe this time they'll actually be more on the lookout for it. I guess we'll see.

But if the cheaters aren't getting caught cheating during raids by other players, they're probably getting away with it.

It is actually not as hard for them to do an investigation if they just know who to look at. In this case it is easy to tell since they can just investigate all who have completed RotK.

RoK actually got a lot of guys caught who were previously hacking before they were dumb enough to use their hack in RoK. Hopefully we will see the same here. I gather that Kabam has interest in protecting their new "impossible" content.
  • splendic wrote: »

This isn't correct.

We're always on the lookout for those violating TOS within our game. It's a constant that we don't let slide under our radar. It isn't something we can really get into, but I can assure you that we're always on the watch.

As for those who report players, we appreciate the helping hand. It can help speed up our processes even.

That said, please don't assume something about our practices. This is theory-crafting and not allowed on the forums.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144

This isn't correct.

We're always on the lookout for those violating TOS within our game. It's a constant that we don't let slide under our radar. It isn't something we can really get into, but I can assure you that we're always on the watch.

As for those who report players, we appreciate the helping hand. It can help speed up our processes even.

That said, please don't assume something about our practices. This is theory-crafting and not allowed on the forums.

But it’s just a theory... a gaaaaaame theory! Thanks for watching
    (I’m so sorry..)
  • edited April 2018
    Thanks for bringing this up! I'm chiming in to echo what Vydious mentioned. We can't talk about our anti-cheat technologies or data (as it helps cheaters avoid detection), but rest assured we have systems in place that show us everything we need to know. Every ROTK completion is being analyzed and any invalid clear will have rewards removed (never to be earned again) and have action taken against their account. This isn't limited to ROTK, and we take fairness very seriously.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited April 2018
    Kabam Guys, everyone can see that a cheater sits atop the leaderboard for raids and has done for weeks. How do you expect us to take what you are saying seriously, or have any faith or belief in what you are saying, when there is glaringly obvious empirical evidence of cheating for everyone to see right there at the top of the raid leaderboard? I'm not meaning this as an attack or to undermine you, but please just listen to that and see it from our perspective.
  • Username619272981Username619272981 Posts: 138
    edited April 2018
    I think all players know that you have a detailed* system in place to catch* hackers, we all appreciate that...

Question is: by the time you dealt with the hacker(s), the damages done to the game and/or players are still relevant? From what I've see, these hackers get to the top, enjoy themselves for few month, by the time they get banned, they dont even play the game anymore.

Spend money to prevent hacking... is better than spend money to catch hacking..... logical solution..
  • I’ve sent a screenshot who the hell he is thanks for feedback @Kabam Kavs
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Possible cheater having a 5* Starscream at lvl 30!
    Bet he got it from rotk.
    cj0n1mo78esb.jpeg
    3alvbltpex9n.jpeg
    oev6sw01mw62.jpeg
  • Kabam Kavs wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Kabam Guys, everyone can see that a cheater sits atop the leaderboard for raids and has done for weeks. How do you expect us to take what you are saying seriously, or have any faith or belief in what you are saying, when there is glaringly obvious empirical evidence of cheating for everyone to see right there at the top of the raid leaderboard? I'm not meaning this as an attack or to undermine you, but please just listen to that and see it from our perspective.

We just took a look at this player and found the issue. The defense setup is corrupt (a Mod, specifically), causing his defense to be unbeatable. We've fixed up his base now and are going to run a check for the same problem across everyone else to ensure this issue has been resolved globally, but will also dive into the leaderboard rankings a bit more today to clean them up.
    I think all players know that you have a detailed* system in place to catch* hackers, we all appreciate that...

Question is: by the time you dealt with the hacker(s), the damages done to the game and/or players are still relevant? From what I've see, these hackers get to the top, enjoy themselves for few month, by the time they get banned, they dont even play the game anymore.

Spend money to prevent hacking... is better than spend money to catch hacking..... logical solution..

Regarding time, keep in mind that ROTK only came out 1 week ago. We're about to do a ban wave but want to ensure our new technology in 6.0 is working properly. We don't want to risk permanent bans on innocent players after we've made an improvement to our tracking, so we let it soak and triple-check our data to ensure we're only hitting the guilty. We have no intention of letting invalid ROTK clears (and the benefits it provides) persist.

Thank you for the effort

This isn't correct.

Nothing I wrote speaks about how your 'practices' work except the fact that they're not very effective... which is obvious to anyone who's been playing the game for the past year. Unless you're referencing finding people that make it through RoK / RotK on week 1, which is a super simple giveaway.

Cheaters continue to abound in Raids, and AMs. Clearly they must be using their 1 hit mod to get through other gameplay modes as well. We had to kick many cheaters from our alliance while recruiting over the last few months.

Vigilance is great. Effectiveness is better.

Add a simple 'report' button on players' profiles and you'll have even more data to work from.

And BTW if your practices were always clearly laid out nobody would have to 'theorize' about them.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144

This isn't correct.

Nothing I wrote speaks about how your 'practices' work except the fact that they're not very effective... which is obvious to anyone who's been playing the game for the past year. Unless you're referencing finding people that make it through RoK / RotK on week 1, which is a super simple giveaway.

Cheaters continue to abound in Raids, and AMs. Clearly they must be using their 1 hit mod to get through other gameplay modes as well. We had to kick many cheaters from our alliance while recruiting over the last few months.

Add a simple 'report' button on players' profiles and you'll have even more data to work from.

And BTW if your practices were always clearly laid out nobody would have to 'theorize' about them.

In Kabaam’s defence if they laid out their practices then hackers would have a better understanding too and work round it, it’s best the way it is. But yeah it could be more effective, with raids arena it’s starting to hurt us a little now

This isn't correct.

In Kabaam’s defence if they laid out their practices then hackers would have a better understanding too and work round it, it’s best the way it is. But yeah it could be more effective, with raids arena it’s starting to hurt us a little now

Oh, I agree with that. It's just silly to tell someone they're not allowed to 'theorize.'
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Thanks. This is all we need to keep us happy - just acknowledgement and dialogue. I appreciate it may be time consuming, but some of us put a lot of time and effort (and money, some put a lot of money) in to this game because we love it.
  • Thanks to the team for making sure fairness is a top priority. I cost me actual money to complete rotk, plus it helps the game by spending money.

We just took a look at this player and found the issue. The defense setup is corrupt (a Mod, specifically), causing his defense to be unbeatable. We've fixed up his base now and are going to run a check for the same problem across everyone else to ensure this issue has been resolved globally, but will also dive into the leaderboard rankings a bit more today to clean them up.

Regarding time, keep in mind that ROTK only came out 1 week ago. We're about to do a ban wave but want to ensure our new technology in 6.0 is working properly. We don't want to risk permanent bans on innocent players after we've made an improvement to our tracking, so we let it soak and triple-check our data to ensure we're only hitting the guilty. We have no intention of letting invalid ROTK clears (and the benefits it provides) persist.

Kabam thank you so much. I know that I really do not do very good on the arenas or raids, but even I can agree that this hacking/cheating problem is really bad. A lot of actually good players are ranking in the 21-30%. Most of the time when I check the leader boards, I see the exact same person (I will not share anyone's name) in 1st place all the time.

Kabam thank you so much. I know that I really do not do very good on the arenas or raids, but even I can agree that this hacking/cheating problem is really bad. A lot of actually good players are ranking in the 21-30%. Most of the time when I check the leader boards, I see the exact same person (I will not share anyone's name) in 1st place all the time.[/quote

All the player who grind are the ones who you see at the top of the leaderboard. It has nothing to do with being good. Don’t start the shenanigans.
  • AnienAnien Posts: 23
    No time to play the players in the arena, of course, the results are not good, can not be said that the intention of operating the player is to cheat