Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

4 Star Mod Ranking (Requires T2 Mod Spark)

I thought the mods were updated back around v4.1.0 so that T1 mod Sparks could be used to fully rank up mods. It looks like the T2 requirement was put back in game:

so2uuobceeed.png

I don't recall hearing anything about implementing T2 mod sparks and you still cannot sell T1 mod sparks for T2 shards so can you please look into this?

w87185b9uhi9.png

Comments

• SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    With 5 stars entering the fray, this needs to change so we can rank up mods to the next level. Pretty much anyone with a team of r5 4 stars can smash through a 35k+ rated based without a problem anyway, even with your shiny new expensive raid relic equipped as defense, lol.
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    With 5 stars entering the fray, this needs to change so we can rank up mods to the next level. Pretty much anyone with a team of r5 4 stars can smash through a 35k+ rated based without a problem anyway, even with your shiny new expensive raid relic equipped as defense, lol.

Yeah, but for those who don't yet have that overpowering raid team, your OG Prime gives them fits... :D:s
  • XhibitAXhibitA Posts: 201
    Is there anyone that can look into this? Seems like the forum mods have went silent again.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Yeah man, feel like maxed 4* mods should be a thing now.. raids are all too easy, for me at least, and they’re just not enjoyable anymore unless it’s like 25k+, which I never find
    Yeah man, feel like maxed 4* mods should be a thing now.. raids are all too easy, for me at least, and they’re just not enjoyable anymore unless it’s like 25k+, which I never find

According to their release notes, T2 Mod sparks should not even be needed to rank them.

@Kabam Kavs , @Kabam Miike or some other Kabam mod. Can you heeeeear us?!
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Just wondering. Any update on this? Are t2 mod sparks back in the game?
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Just wondering. Any update on this? Are t2 mod sparks back in the game?

Beat rotk five times with no energon and only 2* sideswipes and you get a t2 Defense spark essence. 42069 essence for full spark
  • How the heck you beating rotk with on,t 2* bots, very hard to believe
    How the heck you beating rotk with on,t 2* bots, very hard to believe

I think that’s the requirement. If you go in with 4 or 5 star bots, it’s not part of the reward.
    I wonder who ranked up their 4 star mods before this change back. Mine are still are rank 1 because I use my 2 and 3 star mods because of higher sig level. Not that anything really helps with my base defense though.
  • cml007cml007 Posts: 38
    Seriously can this be addressed so raid defenses have a chance
    The mods have left the building.....apparently.
    No t2 mod spark in the newly unveiled base bounty arena. Not even for rank 1 - 30.
  • SteelSHSteelSH Posts: 80
    What i can see here is the devs dont want you to rank beyond what you can now. They may feel its not the right time for ppl to max the 4* mods until they see the player base high enough to maybe take on that mod. Its a matter of make or breakin raids. But its safe to say from my experience raiding and getting raided that they need to either add this t2mod spark or change the recipe so that you can use the t1mod sparks. And yes i am aware that they did change the recipe before but that was to get to the next rank only. Hopefully kabam will at least give us some insight of the future of mod defence.
    They gave us raid relics for the last two spotlights.. there must be an update to raids so they can actually be difficult
    Hey Everybody,

We've just thrown up our Version 4.1 patch notes, and there's a line in there referring to Mods that I wanted to bring your attention to!

"Updated Mod rankup recipes for 3-Star Rank 4 and 4-Stars, allowing for rank up with T1 Mod Sparks."

What does this mean? Well, we're changing up the Rank Up Materials necessary, and instead of introducing Tier 2 Mod Sparks, we're replacing them with Tier 1 Mod Sparks! This will be live in the game after the new version drops on November 22nd.

This doesn’t make it sound like it was only for us to get to the next rank, but for all rank ups post Nov 22.

I’m not ranking up any 4 star mods myself, but I’m curiously following this because of what was mentioned earlier and what’s currently happening.
    "instead of introducing Tier 2 Mod Sparks, we're replacing them with Tier 1 Mod Sparks!"

Replacing T2 Mod Sparks with T1 Mod Sparks is exactly why I brought this up. It doesn't say that they are removing T2 Mod Sparks just for Rank 2 of a 4* Mod. It says flat out that T2 Mod Sparks will be replaced by T1 Mod Sparks.

To me this this means that T2 Mod Sparks shouldn't even be in the game anymore as they were replaced by T1 Mod Sparks per the release notes. I thinks it's a pretty straight forward comment but no mod has yet to acknowledge this.
    They probably as confused as us lol
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Bump...seems like a pretty yes/no answer to give. So what's the story?
    SteelSH wrote: »
    They probably as confused as us lol

Seems more like they are not really monitoring the forum anymore. Look at the forum, maybe one chimes in once every couple days on something but they are not actively participating in the threads like they used to. @Kabam Miike has completely disappeared or went on extended vacation.
  • To max a 3* mod or level a 4* mod even once used to require t2 mod shards. Now 3* doesn't need t2 at all, you can rank 4* up one time before t2 needed. T2 was eliminated only for 3* mods.
    To max a 3* mod or level a 4* mod even once used to require t2 mod shards. Now 3* doesn't need t2 at all, you can rank 4* up one time before t2 needed. T2 was eliminated only for 3* mods.

If you read what Kabam Miike wrote, that doesn’t sound like the case.
    Just wondering if anyone has come across a r3 4 star mod yet. I haven’t really been paying attention, but I haven’t the times I have.
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has come across a r3 4 star mod yet. I haven’t really been paying attention, but I haven’t the times I have.

You can't R3 them since it requires T2 mod crystals. That's the whole point of this post.
    I thought this post was because the requirement for t2 mod sparks was brought back in the latest 6.0 update. I guess I assumed it was taken out (even for 4 star mods) in an earlier update because no one complained about it back then. Was it always there even after the update where Kabam said they were going to remove t2 mod sparks?

Again, I’m not ranking up any 4 star mods at the moment and wasn’t back then, but I’m invested in this thread now because I want to see what Kabam says about it.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    The requirement for t2 mod sparks was never "brought back" in version 6.0

They removed the t2 mod spark requirement to r2 4* mods. You have always needed t2 mod sparks to get to r3.
    Ahh, well, I guess that answers that. My 4 star mods are still at r1 so I didn’t know. I was just basing my thought on the original post of the thread.
    Right. Rather than replacing T2 mod sparks with T1 mod sparks like they said they did, they basically unlocked the ability to R4 3* mods by removing just that one T2 mod sparks requirement. This in return applies to the 4* mods since an R2 4* mod is basically the same as an R4 3* mod.
    @XhibitA heres you answer for the t2 mod sparks. I think its super over priced z6mf4g5m0zry.png
    m83pgqrekynn.png
    iavakc9fa0ta.png