Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Exo-filter is purifying Kickback synergy

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious The info on the Kickback Intel report says that when using the synergy with Ramjet and Motormaster that debuffs can't be purified, yet exo-filter is doing just that. Please fix this.

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• I was wondering how that would work. Also, if it works as described and prevents purification, once the stack goes above 3 what happens? Continual unstoppable?
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I know you guys are probably busy with other things going on, given the new update is just around the corner, but any word on this?

Like Beast Purification, this synergy is really the whole reason I invested in ranking up these particular bots so to find it's not working as described is frustrating.

I'm not expecting an immediate patch to be pushed through or anything, just an acknowledgement that it's going to be looked at.

Thanks!
  • Leader1Leader1 Posts: 36
    The synergy should be reworded properly:
    debuffs can’t be purified, except by things that can purify. But things that can’t purify will not purify them.
    I really do think this is just a not working as intended bug though. Beast purification totally negates harm accelerators. There's no reason why this synergy should be any different with exo-filter. It's not a game changing, overpowered addition or anything.
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    I really do think this is just a not working as intended bug though. Beast purification totally negates harm accelerators. There's no reason why this synergy should be any different with exo-filter. It's not a game changing, overpowered addition or anything.

I totally agree. The only thing that purifies non dot debuffs IS the exo filter. I got excited as well when I read that synergy description, and it has to be a bug.
  • Hey everyone!

I'll get some clarity on this! Sorry for the delay!
  • This is a bug, confirmed fully. We're going to look into it and get it resolved. :)
    This is a bug, confirmed fully. We're going to look into it and get it resolved. :)

Exactly what I wanted to hear, @Kabam Vydious .

Thank you for your response and for looking into it. Looking forward to when the patch goes through!
    @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike

It's been a few weeks now since this was confirmed, but I'm noticing the bug is still there. Any idea when it will get patched?

Thanks!
  • TreeTree Posts: 36
    Almost 30 days and synergy still has a bug...how long does it take to fix seriously
  • Tree wrote: »
    Almost 30 days and synergy still has a bug...how long does it take to fix seriously

Hm, hasn't been almost 30 days with this being reported on the 29th of March. ;)

I'm working on finding out the status of this to give an update.
    Tree wrote: »

Hm, hasn't been almost 30 days with this being reported on the 29th of March. ;)

Thanks! Any info would be appreciated.
    Tree wrote: »

Any update yet on this, @Kabam Vydious?

Perfect timing! Just got an update from the team that the fix should be live within game. You'll need to restart if you don't see that change, but it should be all good to go now! :)

Thanks for the patience while we got this fixed, gang.
    Synthwave wrote: »

Perfect timing! Just got an update from the team that the fix should be live within game. You'll need to restart if you don't see that change, but it should be all good to go now! :)

Thank you! Looking forward to putting the screws to all those Motormasters on that mod right now. :D

Any word on how the mod behaves? For example: Inflict 3 power leaks and (I'm assuming) it goes unstoppable but fails to purify. What happens if I then t-clog the opponent? Does a fourth debuff retrigger the unstoppable? If one power leak expires, does the mod still "see" the other two and count a new one as three again?
    edited April 2018
    Yeah there's a lot of confusion regarding the wording in the Exo-Filter mod description.

It looks like whoever wrote the description wrote it so that it bundled both purify debuffs AND unstoppable into one confusing thing, called Purification.

The impression I was under is that Kickback's synergy would prevent the Purification ability as a whole from even triggering, since its called Purification and that's what Kickback prevents from triggering: purify.

But the thing that whoever coded the patch yesterday did was to have Purification still trigger when 3 debuffs are present, but the mod just wouldn't purify the debuffs. The downside to that, however, is that the other half of Purification, unstoppable is still triggering, which it shouldn't be doing if you go by what's written in the mod description (in fact, nowhere in the description does it even say that an unstoppable would be triggered once 3 debuffs are reached; it just says that Purification will only purify the debuffs).

@Kabam Vydious I know we've asked a lot of you on this, and I appreciate it, but could you look at the Exo-Filter description so we get some clarification on this? I just know that a lot of us investing in the synergy were under the impression that Kickback's anti-purify synergy would nullify Purification as a whole and not just half the ability.

Thanks!
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited April 2018
    Yeah there's a lot of confusion regarding the wording in the Exo-Filter mod description.

It looks like whoever wrote the description wrote it so that it bundled both purify debuffs AND unstoppable into one confusing thing, called Purification.

The impression I was under is that Kickback's synergy would prevent the Purification ability as a whole from even triggering, since its called Purification and that's what Kickback prevents from triggering: purify.

But the thing that whoever coded the patch yesterday did was to have Purification still trigger when 3 debuffs are present, but the mod just wouldn't purify the debuffs. The downside to that, however, is that the other half of Purification, unstoppable is still triggering, which it shouldn't be doing if you go by what's written in the mod description (in fact, nowhere in the description does it even say that an unstoppable would be triggered once 3 debuffs are reached; it just says that Purification will only purify the debuffs).

@Kabam Vydious I know we've asked a lot of you on this, and I appreciate it, but could you look at the Exo-Filter description so we get some clarification on this? I just know that a lot of us investing in the synergy were under the impression that Kickback's anti-purify synergy would nullify Purification as a whole and not just half the ability.

Thanks!

I personally think it is working as it should now.

The debuffs are immune to purification, but that does not stop purification triggering (nor should it) each time 3 debuffs get stacked or 15 seconds elapses.

Kickbacks ability makes his debuffs immune to purify, but it doesn't stop purify from activating... Much like you see "Evade fail" when Hot Rod stuffs an evade.. The evade still triggers, it just doesn't work.

As such, the purify triggers, and it still activates unstoppable when it does. I feel like that is how it should be. Otherwise you are basically shutting down the entire mod with a synergy, which is way too OP.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

Interesting that a fix could be done on the backend and not require an app update.
    edited April 2018
    Manthro wrote: »

Otherwise you are basically shutting down the entire mod with a synergy, which is way too OP.

To which I say (again) that would be like removing Beast Purification as well since they totally shut down Harm Accelerator.

These synergies are intentionally put in the game to combat things like HA and Exo-Filter. It's not overpowered because in the same way that only 3 bots as a team can negate the effects of HA, only 3 bots can FULLY negate the effects of Exo-Filter (not just 50% of it). It's not like every bot on the roster is going to be able to do this.

To borrow the old expression: what's good for the goose should be good for the gander too. Give KB and his squad the ability to do to Exo-Filter what Primal and his team do to HA.

Manthro wrote: »

Otherwise you are basically shutting down the entire mod with a synergy, which is way too OP.

To which I say (again) that would be like removing Beast Purification as well since they totally shut down Harm Accelerator.

These synergies are intentionally put in the game to combat things like HA and Exo-Filter. It's not overpowered because in the same way that only 3 bots as a team can negate the effects of HA, only 3 bots can FULLY negate the effects of Exo-Filter (not just 50% of it). It's not like every bot on the roster is going to be able to do this.

To borrow the old expression: what's good for the goose should be good for the gander too. Give KB and his squad the ability to do to Exo-Filter what Primal and his team do to HA.

No. Simplify dude. The ability can't be purified. Doesn't say anything about it stopping a reaction triggered by number of debuff though, so you are actually massively reaching if you'd expect unstoppable to not be triggered.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    Reading the wording on Exo-Filter, I wholeheartedly agree that Unstoppable should still activate on Exo-Filter. My curiosity here tho is since Purification activates upon 3 simultaneous debuffs and it grants Unstoppable, what happens after? Since the debuffs aren't removed, does Purification trigger again at 4 debuffs, does it wait for multiples of 3 or does it simply not trigger again and only does so upon reaching 3 fresh debuffs?
  • Hired_Goon wrote: »
    Reading the wording on Exo-Filter, I wholeheartedly agree that Unstoppable should still activate on Exo-Filter. My curiosity here tho is since Purification activates upon 3 simultaneous debuffs and it grants Unstoppable, what happens after? Since the debuffs aren't removed, does Purification trigger again at 4 debuffs, does it wait for multiples of 3 or does it simply not trigger again and only does so upon reaching 3 fresh debuffs?

I've been asking that since the beginning of the thread. Still awaiting a response.