Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Rank 5 starscream, and stars cream in general

Ok so I’ve got my 3rd T3 blue horse spark, which is going on stars cream. Does anyone have any R5 Forge 0 starscreams to show me? And how is starboy in general? I know he’s great with nullifies and what not but how is he.. special damage? Overall damage?
Tagged:

Comments

• SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I personally think he needs a minor tweaking similar to what Magnus got.

I think his sp1 and sp3 in particular need something more. His sp1 needs the same chance to nullify buffs as his basic ranged shots do and his sp3 needs to either:

a. nullify up to 10 buffs for 50% less instant shock damage than the current shock damage given for 5 buffs

or

b. keep it at 5 buffs nullified but do more non-nullifying damage in general.

Starscream's sp3 is the only tac sp3 that will punish you by doing almost no damage if there's no buffs present on the enemy. That just seems wrong to me.

OG has permanent armor break, Magnus will break armor and deal up to 4 stacks of burn, Megatron will deal shock that can be permanently fused, and Dinobot can heal and receives a huge timed crit rate buff.

All those things can be very useful on any single bot in the game. But if Starscream fights a bot that has almost no buffs that stick around for any amount of time (Windblade, Kickback, Hot Rod, etc.) then his sp3 is totally worthless.

One other thing I'd like to see is a mechanic similar to Galvatron's where the last medium hit of a combo can deal nullification damage instead of crit damage by removing one buff. Having to rely strictly on Starscream's ranged attacks gives him less utility, so adding one chance to nullify from a medium melee combo would be nice.

But yeah, I think he could do with some tweaking.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Synthwave wrote: »

I think his sp1 and sp3 in particular need something more. His sp1 needs the same chance to nullify buffs as his basic ranged shots do and his sp3 needs to either:

a. nullify up to 10 buffs for 50% less instant shock damage than the current shock damage given for 5 buffs

or

Starscream's sp3 is the only tac sp3 that will punish you by doing almost no damage if there's no buffs present on the enemy. That just seems wrong to me.

OG has permanent armor break, Magnus will break armor and deal up to 4 stacks of burn, Megatron will deal shock that can be permanently fused, and Dinobot can heal and receives a huge timed crit rate buff.

All those things can be very useful on any single bot in the game. But if Starscream fights a bot that has almost no buffs that stick around for any amount of time (Windblade, Kickback, Hot Rod, etc.) then his sp3 is totally worthless.

One other thing I'd like to see is a mechanic similar to Galvatron's where the last medium hit of a combo can deal nullification damage instead of crit damage by removing one buff. Having to rely strictly on Starscream's ranged attacks gives him less utility, so adding one chance to nullify from a medium melee combo would be nice.

Okay, yeah sp3 is trash against opponents like Ash Ketchum who can’t get buffs.. rating out of ten? I do fancy his sp2 a bit
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Synthwave wrote: »

or

I can agree that he needs some tweaking. I use Starscream in the Arenas and to me he seems to be missing a little something. I often feel like like I have to do a bit more work to win with him when compared to other bots.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I'd rather save the spark for a better bot, June's bot is most likely gonna be a Tac, and hopefully he, or she is better than Scream.
    Even Dinobot is better than Starscream with the right synergies
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    I'd rather save the spark for a better bot, June's bot is most likely gonna be a Tac, and hopefully he, or she is better than Scream.
    Even Dinobot is better than Starscream with the right synergies

Damn.. poor screamer :frowning:
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    I can agree that he needs some tweaking. I use Starscream in the Arenas and to me he seems to be missing a little something. I often feel like like I have to do a bit more work to win with him when compared to other bots.

Starscream kicks butt when it comes to bots with stuff to nullify. However, without that, he hits pretty wimpy.
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    I've wanted a 4* Screamer since he came out, I only have 3* but he's maxed out and I just got his Sig to 100, and I do pretty good with him. His Sp1 could be better, but the increase in ranged speed and damage means that subsequent ranged attacks are really going to hurt and if timed right, any nullify is going to be wicked! I see the reason behind wanting to improve it, but I'm ok with it staying the way it is too. SP2 is good, especially if you can follow up with an SP1 and/or a burst of ranged shots to nullify.

I agree with others about fixing his SP3. It does suck and does next to no damage if there's nothing to nullify. The animation is one of the coolest, but its lacking and doesn't make sense to do no damage if there's no nullify. Kind of like Ramjet who does a burst of machine gun fire followed by 4 missiles before ramming the target--the machine gun and missiles do almost no damage, but its still cool to watch.

An easy fix for Screamer's SP3 is this: If the target has up to the 5 buffs to nullify keep as is where damage is concerned, if no buffs are there to be nullified, have his cluster bombs instead inflict up to 5 (but a min. of 1) bursts of instant Burn damage (instead of null ray instant Shocks) that do the same amount of damage as the nullify would do. And to give it a little more edge, I'd say add in a 50% chance to Stun (for 2-3 seconds) plus 10% to that chance per instant shock and/or burn that affected the target.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Save the spark for a better bot.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited April 2018
    The problem he is very range-dependent. The null ray is great except the hit rates from range are low. The buff in range speed and damage after his SP1 is great, if it shows up, but again it is range-based and time-limited so you might not hit at all.

He has some great synergies though, I'll give him that.
  • Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    I've wanted a 4* Screamer since he came out, I only have 3* but he's maxed out and I just got his Sig to 100, and I do pretty good with him.

Forge him into another 4* tactician asap.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    KP, what's your spotlight and AM team? I know you have a r5 mega, and starscreams synergy with mega makes it almost impossible IMO to not pair them up. On that basis, I would say R5 him unless you have a BW team that needs Dinotbot or an Autobot team that needs UM
    edited April 2018
    DaveJL wrote: »
    KP, what's your spotlight and AM team? I know you have a r5 mega, and starscreams synergy with mega makes it almost impossible IMO to not pair them up. On that basis, I would say R5 him unless you have a BW team that needs Dinotbot or an Autobot team that needs UM

He’s not going on my A team, already have 2 tacticians there haha. He’ll get a place on my B team though! Bludgeon Ironhide Windblade Soundwave Starscream
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    I'd give that r5 to another tactician if you have one. Dinobot wb and bludgeon is excellent in am.

He’s not going on my A team, already have 2 tacticians there haha. He’ll get a place on my B team though! Bludgeon Ironhide Windblade Soundwave Starscream

Hmm, Megatron + Starscream is a powerful, powerful combo. What's your A team?

OG Prime, OG Megatron, Windblade, Ironhide, Ratchet or Bludgeon
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    Forge him into another 4* tactician asap.
    I've been holding out for a 4*--and now, maybe a 5* once I get 6k more shards. And aside from doing well with him even though he's a 3*, his synergies are awesome. G1 Megs gets 40% stun chance when using each of his SP and gives Screamer +8% armor and attack, and pairing him with Ramjet gives all Decepticons on the team +8% attack and +30% armor penetration with ranged attacks, which makes all 3 of them even more potent!

OG Prime, OG Megatron, Windblade, Ironhide, Ratchet or Bludgeon

og prime and ratchet says it all...