Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

I beat master mode

Comments

• KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    G1 Meg, R5, and sig 12! He is badass!

There is a definite pattern to my top bots. All G1!

He will destroy the randomiser path on 3.2! Mines r5 but not duped ;-;
  • Davien wrote: »
    congrats! gonna try finish master once I get my 2nd R5. Will get it soon once I 100% Expert.

Hopefully you have better luck than me. Just pulled a second warrior spark. Put a big damper on my plans to storm master with 2 r5 bots.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I think even a rank 5 Galvatron might struggle. The problem is building up the dark energon charges - everything in master mode hits so hard he takes heavy block damage
  • AnakinPrimeAnakinPrime Posts: 229
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I think even a rank 5 Galvatron might struggle. The problem is building up the dark energon charges - everything in master mode hits so hard he takes heavy block damage

The buff they gave to his charge rate was a huge improvement. But I see what you mean. Sounds like a small charge and move method may be the way to go

The buff they gave to his charge rate was a huge improvement. But I see what you mean. Sounds like a small charge and move method may be the way to go

Yeah - I use my rank 4 Galvatron and I've struggled to charge up without having to interrupt or take block damage. I started just playing normal with him and saving for sp3, charge and launch. Works ok. In other modes though I prefer to stay charged all the time and launch sp1
  • You people are freaking nuts. beating Master and the ROK/ROtK.

Must be freaking nice.
  • Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    I have a full squad of R4s but no R5 bots. But I have a stash of 4500 energon and I plan to use it all if that’s what it takes to get 2 T3c sparks for exploring master.
  • Jay32 wrote: »
    You should see him in Rotk. He was extremely hard. mtukugihajyo.jpg

I can't comprehend HTF I would even fight him.
    I have a full squad of R4s but no R5 bots. But I have a stash of 4500 energon and I plan to use it all if that’s what it takes to get 2 T3c sparks for exploring master.

It’s worth it I say, you might only have to use 1500 of that energon if you’re really skilled and have the right bots and they’re forged
  • Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266

It’s worth it I say, you might only have to use 1500 of that energon if you’re really skilled and have the right bots and they’re forged

It’s clear that I’m NOT that skilled as I have used that much just clearing 3.1 and 3.2 a few times each (on the upper difficulties). But I explored chapter 1 without needing to use any energon so I think I’ll be OK.

It’s clear that I’m NOT that skilled as I have used that much just clearing 3.1 and 3.2 a few times each (on the upper difficulties). But I explored chapter 1 without needing to use any energon so I think I’ll be OK.

Well 4500 is definitely more then enough haha
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Finally completed master. Not 100% yet. Scout shark and Blaster are really annoying.
    DonApis wrote: »
    Finally completed master. Not 100% yet. Scout shark and Blaster are really annoying.

They overdid it with the shark scouts, and yeah final blaster cost me most of my energon
  • I completed master because I had buy a energon pack to complete it
  • McPrime88McPrime88 Posts: 11
    I made it all the way through for completion and spent around 700 energon with my all 4* R4 squad. Soundwave personally gave me the most trouble. I did go back and 100% chapter 1 for rewards. Don't have the skills to 100% the other chapters without dropping some serious money lol.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited April 2018
    Just finished 100% master as well... And got the t3c demo spark I was hoping for :) now my entire AM team is finally 5/50 f100, happy day!

y4jk5l7bm4lr.png
    bo0r2cu38gqn.png
    n97r2hchrvbk.png

Been sitting on a t3c tactical spark... That'll make 4 r5 bots when I finally decide which one to rank up.. such a hard choice.

All my tacticals are awakened, just missing Scream.
    I also 100% it and got a demo t3! From the shards I got a tactician. So now I'm sat on a brawler, demo, scout and tact t3 with no ideas.
    Manthro wrote: »
    Just finished 100% master as well... And got the t3c demo spark I was hoping for :) now my entire AM team is finally 5/50 f100, happy day!

y4jk5l7bm4lr.png
    bo0r2cu38gqn.png
    n97r2hchrvbk.png

Been sitting on a t3c tactical spark... That'll make 4 r5 bots when I finally decide which one to rank up.. such a hard choice.

So, now you know how that dreaded stagger path is like
    I also 100% it and got a demo t3! From the shards I got a tactician. So now I'm sat on a brawler, demo, scout and tact t3 with no ideas.

Let’s see your bots
    edited April 2018

y4jk5l7bm4lr.png
    bo0r2cu38gqn.png
    n97r2hchrvbk.png

Stagger wasn't the issue at all. The problem for me was the strike back mod and Motormaster in particular. Took many tries to finally have a good round against him
    edited April 2018

y4jk5l7bm4lr.png
    bo0r2cu38gqn.png
    n97r2hchrvbk.png

Stagger wasn't the issue at all. The problem for me was the strike back mod and Motormaster in particular. Took many tries to finally have a good round against him

Darn motormaster, and strike back, gave me a bit of hell too but he was only the 3rd worst top 3 worst bots on master is
    3. Strike back motormaster
    2. Blaster final boss
    1. Stagger waspinator
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012

y4jk5l7bm4lr.png
    bo0r2cu38gqn.png
    n97r2hchrvbk.png

Not to mention the janky AI as well. Almost every hit you can land either has to be a heavy or a sidestep+combo. You get hit with a combo and try and counter after that and you're just gonna get his again, lol.

Congrats though to everyone who has muscled their way through Master. Hope you all got what you wanted, spark-wise.

Let’s see your bots

get your bots out!

o770bu69a6vh.png
    9evh3suneio5.png
    70xbfakpcf7p.png

Let’s see your bots

get your bots out!

o770bu69a6vh.png
    9evh3suneio5.png
    70xbfakpcf7p.png

Well it’s a no brainier man!
    Tact - og Prime
    Demo - galvatron
    Scout - Windblade
    Brawler - grimlock or motor man
    Interesting. My initial thoughts are very different.
    Tact - UM
    Demo - MV mega
    Brawler - Primal or Grimlock
    Scout - Prowl

Prowl is dupe 15, MV mega is dupe 26, then UM synergises with Prowl and Arcee (who will be my Warrior choice for sure) and Grim synergises with them, but Primal is just so darn powerful he is hard to ignore. MM for sure is an interesting choice, especially as I could then rank Kickback instead of Prowl for that synergy. TOO MANY CHOICES
    Tact - UM
    Demo - MV mega
    Scout - Prowl

Prowl is dupe 15, MV mega is dupe 26, then UM synergises with Prowl and Arcee (who will be my Warrior choice for sure) and Grim synergises with them, but Primal is just so darn powerful he is hard to ignore. MM for sure is an interesting choice, especially as I could then rank Kickback instead of Prowl for that synergy. TOO MANY CHOICES

ooooptimus prime
    Tact - UM
    Demo - MV mega
    Scout - Prowl

Do you want to expand your Decepticon roster or branch out with autobots?

Primal is very hard to deny... But that Motor/KB synergy is great.

I would go:

UM
    Prowl
    Primal
    Galvatron

OR

G1 Prime
    IH
    Motor
    KB

Good synergy balance with both those builds.
    Why isn't anyone interested in the MV mega dupe? He has reliable healing - That's good isn't it?? Pretty sure anyone who has seen my old posts knows that I LOVE Galvatron, but MV Mega has that utility
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    While mv mega is good and all but you won't have the synergy bonus that would really make him shine. If you had cade BC or grindor, it would have been a much different story.
    that1guy wrote: »
    While mv mega is good and all but you won't have the synergy bonus that would really make him shine. If you had cade BC or grindor, it would have been a much different story.

I suppose. He would get the decepticon bonus attack, but that would be all.

Anyway, decided I'm going to go for the full G1 Decepticon squad. Galvatron, Kickback, Motormaster and Starscream are all going up.