Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What is the most effective hard hitting lineup?

I'm currently in possession of a good majority of 4* bots...only missing a few, and I just got my first 5* Bad Cop:)
What is your absolute favorite battle group? I know the Beast Lineup is super effective, as is Sword Master's. I'll be building mine around Shockwave and Barricade, so I have a little adjusting to do.... because out of all the great bots, I'm missing Ratchet:(
He's my unicorn.

Comments

• Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    edited April 2018
    Depends on what bots you have available. There are plenty of good synergy groupings out there. Swordmasters, beast wars, bayverse decepticon, bayverse autobot, g1 decepticon, g1 autobot, wreckless driving...

I have the Bayverse decepticons (Megatron, Bonecrusher, Grindor, and Barricade). Works well. But I’m not sure any one synergy is better than another. You just have to have the right bots. I use Prowl or G1 Megatron as my 5th but not much synergy there. If I had MV1 he would make a better 5th, but I have drawn 50+ 4* crystals and still no luck.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    edited April 2018
    Maybe I misread the lines, but what I'm thinking upon seeing the post, are foolproof autofighting teams you can trust when working in real life. For that, I recommend:
    Motormaster, OPL
    Windblade
    Bonecrusher
    Soundwave
    Dinobot, OG Prime
    IH

either they have high output, decent AI or high error-tolerance. When you're fighting Hard mode (or expert) or in the Arena, they save you a lot of time than that permanently shooting Mirage.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited April 2018
    If you are building around shockwave and barricade, then I would suggest the following bots as a good synergy team:

Shockwave
    Barricade
    G1 Megatron (tactical)
    Movietron (demo)
    Grindor or MV1 Prime

The shockwave /G1 Megatron synergy is incredible.

Barricade and Grindor synergize with each other, and with Movietron.

If you don't go with Grindor, MV1 Prime still has a synergy available with Movietron.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    @Manthro I like that lineup and I have all of those Bots
  • inumw7kvxorz.jpg
    z8netnd1zbiu.jpg
    I've compiled a list of potential teams and their respective synergies towards each other and in the process of re-evaluating some of them. You may have a look.
    edited April 2018
    inumw7kvxorz.jpg
    z8netnd1zbiu.jpg
    I've compiled a list of potential teams and their respective synergies towards each other and in the process of re-evaluating some of them. You may have a look.

Interesting choices.

On team 7, you can also replace Scout Bee with Galvatron as an option since many players don't have him.

Galvatron synergizes well with UM and Grimlock.
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    @Manthro I like that lineup and I have all of those Bots

Then you should also consider Bonecrusher as your warrior for when you need one. He also synergizes with Movietron.
  • MM and all his synergies
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    inumw7kvxorz.jpg
    z8netnd1zbiu.jpg
    Team 6 you can also convert it to a Sword/Beast team by removing mix and rhino and placing wasp and windblade, more sword crits and wind gets anti evade.
  • Dutch1980Dutch1980 Posts: 25
    I have

G1 megatron
    Motormaster
    Shockwave
    Soundwave
    Kickback
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    arcee mirage and prowl, dream team!
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    My A team:
    Megatron (G1)
    Optibotimus (G1)
    Ironhide
    Bludgeon
    Windblade/Ratchet (depends how tough the mission is)
    My B team:
    Ironhide
    Stars cream
    Bludgeon
    Windblade
    Soundwave
  • inumw7kvxorz.jpg
    z8netnd1zbiu.jpg

Team seven, scout bumblebee could be replaced with prowl, who will give the full team an armour buff through synergy with UM. Personal choice as either are good but I’d take prowl for the power control option if needed from a scout
  • Leader1Leader1 Posts: 36
    Y2K wrote: »
    Maybe I misread the lines, but what I'm thinking upon seeing the post, are foolproof autofighting teams you can trust when working in real life. For that, I recommend:
    Motormaster, OPL
    Windblade
    Bonecrusher
    Soundwave
    Dinobot, OG Prime
    IH

either they have high output, decent AI or high error-tolerance. When you're fighting Hard mode (or expert) or in the Arena, they save you a lot of time than that permanently shooting Mirage.

I'm just curious mate, thats a pretty solid list but why did you put Dinobot there in league with OG? Is it just to activate windblades swordmaster?
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Leader1 wrote: »
    Y2K wrote: »
    Motormaster, OPL
    Windblade
    Bonecrusher
    Soundwave
    Dinobot, OG Prime
    IH

I'm just curious mate, thats a pretty solid list but why did you put Dinobot there in league with OG? Is it just to activate windblades swordmaster?

Dinobot shines when autofighting, he's passive, he makes use of that lame block armor break and block damage.
  • BeerguzzlerBeerguzzler Posts: 104
    A-squad:
    Drift
    Windy
    Dino
    Wasp
    Primal

B-squad:
    Mirage
    Hot rod
    Barricade
    Grindor
    Movie megs(demo)

Raid squad/utility
    Soundwave sig 100 max forge
    Ironhide
    Mv1
    OGP
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Sabugen wrote: »

Those are some of my best...my best bot is mirage and prowl is number 4 I think

I think Arcee is very underestimated. She's fast AF and has crazy high damage.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144

I think Arcee is very underestimated. She's fast AF and has crazy high damage.

She’s a beast with headshots, she’s just too much shooty shooty for me
    I have a 4* Arcee I haven't messed with much but with me trying to use Hound more often my ranged game is improving drastically.
    I'd like to build my team around Barricade because he's my only 5* right now and his synergy is a 10% boost to critical ratings...this means Hot Rod is a must...
  • Leader1Leader1 Posts: 36
    I'd like to build my team around Barricade because he's my only 5* right now and his synergy is a 10% boost to critical ratings...this means Hot Rod is a must...

don't feel so pressured to do that. 4* are still MUCH more useful than 5* right now, and it will be that way for some time. Not only is it harder to rank and dupe a 5* but remember that lower ranks = lower abilities. So even if your R1 Barricade has the same power level as an r4 4*, he will have much weaker abilities.
    Leader1 wrote: »

don't feel so pressured to do that. 4* are still MUCH more useful than 5* right now, and it will be that way for some time. Not only is it harder to rank and dupe a 5* but remember that lower ranks = lower abilities. So even if your R1 Barricade has the same power level as an r4 4*, he will have much weaker abilities.

That's actually a really good point. His stats are strong as a 5* but not being duped...ya know.
    So I'd honestly do the traditional OGP/Ratchet synergy but alas, Nurse Ratchet is my unicorn. Still hasnt reported for duty except in a 3* form.
  • Swordmaster is still the best. Beast is not on same level, though it's great and would be closer if it purified every debuff instead of just damaging debuffs. Still, you can do BOTH without having to pick just one group and have one of every class with an alternate, so best one of each team synergy group, as it is both swordmaster AND beast is:

Windblade
    Drift
    Dinobot
    Primal
    Waspinator
    Rhinox

Sub out the least needed 6th as map dictates.
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    Yeah, I'm still missing Nurse Ratchet and RC.

Team 1: Dream Team

Ultra Magnus
    Arcee(MIA)
    Prowl
    Mirage
    Grimlock

Team 2: OG Deceptigoons

OG Meg
    Screamer
    Shockwave
    Ramjet
    Motormaster/Bludgeon/Kickback(pick poison for whatever you're running)

Team 3: OG Prime/Ratchet

OG Prime
    Ratchet(MIA)
    Mirage
    Prowl
    Hot Rod/IH - Hot Rod has better synergy with Prowl and Mirage while IH has the burst.

Lot's of good teams out there now.
  • SupraliminalSupraliminal Posts: 143
    edited April 2018
    ratchet is hard to put in a six man team that isn't repetitive class wise. I feel like his best option involves shockwave, but even then it's still class repetitive, like og prime/ratchet/ironhide/shockwave/ Megatron g1. Which is at least great standalone bots sorta synergizing if not earth shattering synergy combined with every class.

But... starting with prime and ironhide with ratchet, at least any other autobot would get a buff. For both arcee and ratchet, probably....

Prime og
    Ratchet
    Ironhide
    Prime mv1
    Arcee
    Prowl

Sub out the unneeded as not needed? Most of the other arcee teams, because she has others, would Frankenstein/ force her together with ratchet... because she likes mirage better. That's probably the best arcee/ ratchet lineup. Or the scout could be windblade, but that doesn't combine with team 2 not overlapping with swordmaster/ Beast team. Also if you did this you'd definitely overlap with whatever mirage teams, but if you HAD to do ratchet and arcee, this would be it.

And after I thought all that out I hadn't registered that's not what you meant by missing arcee and ratchet. Lol. Ah well, still leaving anyway as best ratchet/ arcee team.