Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Kabam, provide more realistic avenues to grind sparks

ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
edited May 2017 in General Discussion
Seriously.

A good portion of the community has hit the 3* 3/30 wall.

Raiding for over a month to get a single alpha spark is a complete joke.

No event offers alpha essence for anything under top spot except alliance missions.

You aren't motivating players to spend by choking advancement to this extent, imo.

Small spenders will spend to augment what they can realistically obtain for free through grinding or event rewards, so they might compete with whales in certain targeted events.

The way it is now, everything of worth is funneled to 1st place, and there is no ability to advance through rewards for the rest of the top 10.

Even 50-100 alpha essence would be welcome as a prize to cut down on the raid grind insanity for 10000 (LOL) essence. Every 100 essence is one less day of raids to get to a spark.

The average player with a job and a life farms 100 alpha essence/day through raids.. Two if they are committed.

That's basically two months of grind @ 200 alpha essence per day... Over 3 months if farming 100 a day

Comments

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited May 2017
    Yes alphas are the bottle neck but if you have 3/30 in abundance you should be able to raid high enough bases you should be able to get 3-5 alpha buys from raid store a day. But yes it still takes weeks either way.

And other avenues would be great but they don't want everyone to be able to get max rank on 3* this fast.

Mcoc has t4 class catalyst as road block and other than some random luck at best most people get 1 a week and it's random and you need 3 of same class to rank something to max. And that road block has been there for 2 years, but that's for maxing 4* so I'm sure soon enough they will open it up a bit but then another road block will be put in place for 4* instead
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Yes alphas are the bottle neck but if you have 3/30 in abundance you should be able to raid high enough bases you should be able to get 3-5 alpha buys from raid store a day. But yes it still takes weeks either way

Nobody who isn't glued to their phone can possibly farm that much essence in a day.

As I said.. more realistic avenues to grind. More reward to the alliances ranking high.

Even if it's just ONE rank up crystal, or 50-100 essence for finishing top 10.. whatever.

The rewards arent even worth the time and effort at this stage of the game.

Nobody wants PBC shards for finishing top 5.
    edited May 2017
    So here's an idea that still ties alpha essence to the raid system:

Implement a weekly or monthly ladder reward.

Depending on your ranking/medal count, you get some kind of reward each week or month.

Make it a small amount of random rare spark essences (not t2 basic) for the top 200 ish players

Thoughts?

So each raid takes 5 min roughly and 4-5k chips as you get up the ladder so 15 min for 3 run session x3 times a day is glued to phone ? I agree I haven't gotten but 2 -3 a day for past week because I have been busy in rl. Once again not saying there doesn't need more avenues but to say 3-5 alphas takes insane time is not the case
  • Having people leave my alliance for this exact reason just up and quit.

FYI Kabam you need to look into this issue otherwise more casual players will just up and quit.

I agree the road I'm currently on is not appealing at all.
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Its not an issue it's more of how bad do u want it
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    We want it plenty, we just have jobs, families, and other adult responsibilities that put alphas currently out of our reach. A monthly event with one easily obtainable alpha would be wonderful and it wouldn't take away from raids since there's only one per month. Or do what mcoc did and make them rewards on a monthly calendar
    edited May 2017
    Amano wrote: »

Lol.

Ok...

I have 16 3* 3/30 bots. All duped. I also have 2 4* bots.

At the current rate of alpha spark collection, and lets be unreasonably generous here with the timetable, estimating 4 weeks per alpha spark farmed...

I'll be able to r4 all those bots and r2 my 4* ones in oh... Look at that! 18 months. You can double that for the vast majority of players... 3 years.

Totally not an issue...

And this is a timetable that does apply to my alliance, which consistently finishes top 2-5 in every event. It's not just an issue, it's ludicrous.

That's not even counting the rest of the 3/4* bots I'll collect along the way.

Yeah... I guess I don't really want it that bad if that's how long it's gonna take.
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    These posts happen anytime a new bottleneck happens..give it 2 months then you'll be complaining about r3 and r4 4 stars. It's how this game works. They'll have things come out to make t1as more readily available, they even have t2as in milestone rewards. So it'll be even harder to obtain those. Lastly, imo t3bs are harder to come by. T1as you can get about 1 every 2 weeks.
    Manthro wrote: »
    Amano wrote: »

Lol.

Ok...

At the current rate of alpha spark collection, and lets be unreasonably generous here with the timetable, estimating 4 weeks per alpha spark farmed...

I'll be able to r4 all those bots and r2 my 4* ones in oh... Look at that! 18 months. You can double that for the vast majority of players... 3 years.

Totally not an issue...

And this is a timetable that does apply to my alliance, which consistently finishes top 2-5 in every event. It's not just an issue, it's ludicrous.

Yeah... I guess I don't really want it that bad if that's how long it's gonna take.

They will become easier to get the game just started why do u think everything will be given right away it's called progress everyone has to either grind them or buy them they have given us a method if you don't want to grind them now in the rank up crystal.... you can't have everything
    edited May 2017
    Not once did I ever ask for instant gratification, Amano. You can stop being smug and righteous. I don't see why putting a minor dent in an 18 month time window is a problem for you.

... I could type in all caps if it'll make it easier to read ;)

I'm pointing out that the top 10 alliances are not getting rewards reflective of their time and effort, and I asked for a very, very modest change in compensation to reflect that.

I never asked for easy alpha sparks. I asked that there be slightly more value to the reward structure. Really, 50-150 alpha essence added to the top 10 rewards is not a lot, I don't see why you feel the need to weigh in other than to hear yourself speak.

At any rate, I'm done with this thread.
    Thank god
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    *throws confetti*
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    Manthro wrote: »

Counting your beta progress is pointless since there was far less opportunity to gain alpha sparks in beta.

You talk like you know what you're talking about, but this is a clearly ridiculous statement. They will always have a sliding scale. There will always be 1 virtually impossible attainable item (t3 basic right now), 1 very difficult (alpha spark), and a bunch of far easier items. 3 months from now, the scale will slide and t3 class will be the virtually impossible one, t3 basic will be the wall you will be stuck at, and alphas will be like t2 class is now.

If this is a problem for you, I welcome you to come back in 3 years and alpha sparks will probably be free by that point.

If your alliance is truly finishing top 5 in every event, then they aren't finishing top 5 in the one important event for alphas -- AM. If they were, you would be well on track and not have much to complain about. I didn't buy the 7500 deal, haven't finished 4* prime, and I've only raided for maybe 200 essence, yet I'm already finishing up my first alpha. Doing the grindy events traditionally have never rewarded these types of "wall" items in mcoc... They've always been strictly AQ (AM) type rewards. Raiding isn't really meant to be THE avenue for alphas, it is merely there to supplement AM alpha income.

You do realize that before long your 3* bots will just be a memory, a stepping stone you used in beta and the first 3-6 months in the game? They are the best thing going right now, but they will be arena fodder before long. Just saying, you don't really NEED to r4 all your 3*s. Personally once I have a handful at r4 I will be saving for 4*s only at that point.

Anyways, I'm not trying to troll you or give you a hard time. Kabam simply isn't going to change their formula. This is how it will always be. Rest assured, eventually alphas will drop like candy, but this is how they keep the levelling nice and slow.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    3 months can't come soon enough. The current one day deal has 10,000 alpha priced at around $120, which is pretty ridiculous.
    It's 75-80 us dollars which considering most that beat prime challenge spent 100 isn't horrible but it isn't great either
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I'm gonna jump in on this old thread and say 6 weeks since the last post not much has changed. Alphas are still difficult but I'm starting to see weekend bundles with 1 alpha in each, which to me is greatly appreciated. I do hope it becomes easier in the future because I need 8 right now and don't have ANY idea how to get a t3 spark. I have 100 essence and idk how I even got those.
    And don't **** because I brought up an "old Post"
    Idgaf
  • VirtBeeVirtBee Posts: 21
    If you raid you can get an alpha in a week, they give tons of shards now from the special missions and from the alliance missions crystals. It was bad a month or two ago, but they have made it really easy now. Now the hard one is t3 basic spark.
    edited August 2017
    T3 basic can be had from allinace mission milestones and from shattered lands crystals.

You can also earn a huge amount of t3b from spotlight missions for full exploration of the hardest difficulty. It amounts to about half a spark.

Yes, it does take a significant amount of time to farm t3 sparks, but we are in a much better situation than we were 6 weeks ago.

I actually give some respect to kabam for making t1 alpha much easier to obtain, and for literally tripling the available source of t3 basic.

They did listen to the community on this one.
  • yeah - the alpha wall really isn't there any more for anyone who puts more than casual intermittent play into the game. If they were any easier to get it probably wouldn't change much anyway - gold is much harder to get when you start trying to level and forge up 4* bots, so you end up with a stack of alphas anyway.

T3b is much harder, but anyone who has completed the last special and the current special should have one by now or be very close. I think the balance is pretty decent at the moment, with raids & alphas being a bit of work but not too much of an onerous grind, and T3b requiring decent AM play and hard special completion.
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    edited August 2017
    Or you can complete all your special missions quickly, plus the free, once a month alpha essence given for daily log-ins?