Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Arena matchmaking seem a little off to anyone else?

I realize that the bots get harder the longer the win streak in Arena, but this seems a little excessive for a 7 win streak to me. Three r2 5* with a difficulty level of medium. I have seen a single r1 5* in a medium level before, but three at r2 surprised me.

Thoughts?

8skw014qk4x5.png

Comments

• MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    That’s because your doing it all wrong.
  • XhibitAXhibitA Posts: 201
    seeker1321 wrote: »
    I realize that the bots get harder the longer the win streak in Arena, but this seems a little excessive for a 7 win streak to me. Three r2 5* with a difficulty level of medium. I have seen a single r1 5* in a medium level before, but three at r2 surprised me.

Thoughts?

8skw014qk4x5.png

I wouldn't consider that a difficult battle at all with the bots your taking in.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited May 2018
    assumption is the game matches you up with other players playing the arenas at the same time. it may be at this very moment, this was the only matchup that fit your criteria among all available matchups. like, there were more sensible matchups but they had to be assign to other players with lower streaks.
  • seeker1321seeker1321 Posts: 83
    MaxBebop wrote: »

Care to share some enlightenment with me then? I am all for learning new ways of doing things. Let me share my current Arena strategy, for everyone to pick apart. I know it is not the best but it has worked for me.

I use my low level 4* to battle up to the 3x multiplier, then for the medium and low hard rounds I will use my synergy teams of my r4 4*s for the point grab, then switch to two 4*s and a 1* . I usually get beat around streak 13 or so, then if I need more Arena points I will repeat the chain.
  • Billups1201Billups1201 Posts: 118
    That’s an easy fight

Care to share some enlightenment with me then? I am all for learning new ways of doing things. Let me share my current Arena strategy, for everyone to pick apart. I know it is not the best but it has worked for me.

I use my low level 4* to battle up to the 3x multiplier, then for the medium and low hard rounds I will use my synergy teams of my r4 4*s for the point grab, then switch to two 4*s and a 1* . I usually get beat around streak 13 or so, then if I need more Arena points I will repeat the chain.
    If it’s ok can I see your stats? Like how many bots you have and your rating.
  • Billups1201Billups1201 Posts: 118
    edited May 2018
    Those aren’t even my top bots. Fighting 5* bots in arena and raids is very easy at this point. Most of them aren’t duped and only a few have some forge to them.
    Those aren’t even my top bots. Fighting 5* bots in arena and raids is very easy at this point. Most of them aren’t duped and only a few have some forge to them.
    I don’t care about your top 3 I just want to see your number of bots and rating

Congrats on all the 5*s, I just got my first one last week. I was able to beat them, I was just surprised to see them as a medium difficulty. Usually I don't see a trio of them until a higher streak. I would imagine it is the power creep that is happening, as more players get higher bots they are playing them more in the Arena.
    I don’t care about your top 3 I just want to see your number of bots and rating

That was Billups1201 whose bots I fought in the Arena responding, I will post my bots when I get a chance.
    Lol, my bad
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Voltron wrote: »
    assumption is the game matches you up with other players playing the arenas at the same time. it may be at this very moment, this was the only matchup that fit your criteria among all available matchups. like, there were more sensible matchups but they had to be assign to other players with lower streaks.

nope, just picks actual teams from a pool. It matches based on the PI of your team and matches against teams of a certain PI.

This has happened after the influx of 5* teams and ranked up 5* bots and has been like this since then.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

Thoughts?

That doesn't seem too far fetched. I think the algorithm bases it off the bots' PI and not the star rating. I sometimes get 4 star bots in match 1, but not really ranked or leveled so the PI is where it should be for just starting out.

6nv09pbqosav.png

6nv09pbqosav.png
    Ok, thanks for that, so I can see right off the bat your a forger, which is ok for the game but arena is a different beast of its own, you need to have two stars and three stars to help.

I’m not actually gonna share my strategy here because it’ll increases the competition to hit top ranks (I know “what a d***k!”) but, if you rebuild your low tier roster and use them, I guarantee that you will never see a hard team match up again, and that’s with out having to sandbag.

I’m not actually gonna share my strategy here because it’ll increases the competition to hit top ranks (I know “what a d***k!”) but, if you rebuild your low tier roster and use them, I guarantee that you will never see a hard team match up again, and that’s with out having to sandbag.

No worries I know it gets cutthroat for those top rewards. I use to use my 2* and 3* more in the arena, but as my 4* roster expanded I can get all the Featured Bot milestones in one run through them, and I am fine with the 16%-20% reward that gets me. I don't spend a lot of time in the other arenas.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Without the introduction of 5* bots, if you bring a team of 8k+ you won't have "hard" team at all. Now gradually you can find a team of 5* at r2, rating sum at 10k (and note that the enemy team is stripped of any forged rating). It's only fair. People who beat ROTK can have an r3 and raise the team rating bar to about, say, 12K?