Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bot Intel Report - Cheetor

edited May 2018 in General Discussion
Say hello to our first Transmetal Bot! Cheetor is joining the Fight!

As the youngest and quickest of the Maximals, Cheetor is one part soldier and one part daredevil. With the addition of rocket boosters and the power of flight, his Transmetal upgrade makes him even more unpredictable.

Check out his Intel Report here: https://transformersforgedtofight.com/bot-intel-report-cheetor/
Tagged:

Comments

• *Plays Avengers theme*
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I feel like he reads as a warrior class bot with class advantage over Kickback.
  • Great. Another scout.
  • ToughTough Posts: 237
    He’s immune to range attacks? 100% Chance to evade range attacks?
  • willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    Great. Another scout.

There are currently 6 scouts, 6 warriors, 6 tacticians, 6 techs, 6 demos, and 5 brawlers... another scout like theres way too many already? It had to be another something...
  • Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    Wow transmetal? Now I guess you're going to have to bring all of the other TM BW bots into the game! I'm excited to add him to my roster!
  • DeadSilenceDeadSilence Posts: 101
    Good things are on the horizon
  • Inimitable713Inimitable713 Posts: 71
    edited May 2018
    willdorf wrote: »
    Great. Another scout.

There are currently 6 scouts, 6 warriors, 6 tacticians, 6 techs, 6 demos, and 5 brawlers... another scout like theres way too many already? It had to be another something...

As in, we just had a scout bot. Was looking forward to sticking to the class wheel as it seemed they were since I have a t3c demo to use lol.
  • ToughTough Posts: 237
    Now for the spotlight mission.
  • And this will be 8th scout counting shark
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    So he can't be power drained? Like under any circumstances?
  • Omega_benOmega_ben Posts: 78
    I never got into Beast Wars what's Transmetal ? Is it like upgraded amour and weapons
  • Billups1201Billups1201 Posts: 118
    Tough wrote: »
    He’s immune to range attacks? 100% Chance to evade range attacks?

It says while dashing and during heavy attacks.
    edited May 2018
    Dashing and Heavy Attacks

Cheetor has a 100% chance to Evade Ranged Attacks and a 20~30% chance that the projectiles will Miss completely.

The wording on this is a little unclear. Since he already has a 100% chance to evade while dashing or heavy attacking, is this 20~30% chance while he's just standing still? What about while he's blocking?
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Omega_ben wrote: »
    I never got into Beast Wars what's Transmetal ? Is it like upgraded amour and weapons

It took away most of their organic makeup, made them immune to the unstable energon, and gave them a third ‘vehicle’ mode.
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    I thought their alt forms after the transmetal were only the vehicle mod
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    Disappointed we won’t be getting his original form as I always preferred that one more.
    d8kgtvivq5qf.jpeg
    But hey, Transmetals are awesome too!
  • Can't wait for cheetor
  • what?
    "drain up to 3% of the opponent’s Max Power"
  • Last_FrontierLast_Frontier Posts: 290
    Synthwave wrote: »

Cheetor has a 100% chance to Evade Ranged Attacks and a 20~30% chance that the projectiles will Miss completely.

The wording on this is a little unclear. Since he already has a 100% chance to evade while dashing or heavy attacking, is this 20~30% chance while he's just standing still? What about while he's blocking?

Best guess is evade interrupts the action and moves you. Miss doesn't affect the action as we've seen with windblade and mirage.

The real question is, what happens when 100% evade meets "can't be evaded" precision ammo
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Wolfmills wrote: »
    I thought their alt forms after the transmetal were only the vehicle mod

Nope. The third ‘vehicle mode’ was a slightly transformed version of the ‘beast mode’.
    Best guess is evade interrupts the action and moves you. Miss doesn't affect the action as we've seen with windblade and mirage.

The real question is, what happens when 100% evade meets "can't be evaded" precision ammo

Precision ammo will cause it to fail, Hod Rod's decelerate will cause it to fail. and 4 stacks of bleed from BC I'm guessing would cause it to fail. Not sure about Drift, since it never really quantifies what the chance to stop an evasion is.

• ShuckermliShuckermli Posts: 24
    %100 chance evade from ranges, thats an impossible, Think wasp in the Revenge of the King
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Synthwave wrote: »

Here's how I picture it will work.

When you dash or heavy you will always AT LEAST evade...

Pro - never get hit when dashing in or heavy attack

Con - will interrupt your movement and you won't connect with the hit!

This is where the chance to miss comes into play.... If it triggers, evade won't interrupt the movement, so you'll continue with the attack and hit your opponent.
  • Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    willdorf wrote: »
    Great. Another scout.

@Kabam Miike said in another thread that Hasbro has a large say in what bot is featured.
  • edited May 2018
    Hey all,

Sorry for the late reply. Seeing lots of questions regarding Cheetor's Ability to evade ranged attacks. You've all worked it out, but let me summarize for everybody.

Dashing and Heavy Attacks:

What this means: While Dashing forward or using his heavy attack, Cheetor will Evade any ranged attack that comes his way. That means that if you're Dashing forward, and your opponent starts shooting at you (or throwing swords), Cheetor will stop his Dash or Heavy attack and instead Evade the attack by stepping to one side. There is a 20-30% chance that instead of evading, he'll ignore the ranged attack completely (it "misses"), and just continue his attack.

The exception to this is Hound, who will not miss with his Ranged attacks!
  • Last_FrontierLast_Frontier Posts: 290
    The exception to this is Hound, who will not miss with his Ranged attacks!

Just to be clear, he will not miss with his precision ammo attacks. His inferno ammo will still miss, right?

I hate to be mean, but that sounds like the kind of bug we'll find on day 1...
  • The exception to this is Hound, who will not miss with his Ranged attacks!

Just to be clear, he will not miss with his precision ammo attacks. His inferno ammo will still miss, right?

I hate to be mean, but that sounds like the kind of bug we'll find on day 1...

Correct! Only his Precision Ammo.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I have to say I'm disappointed. It's now been how many months since you had a demolition bot?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    I have to say I'm disappointed. It's now been how many months since you had a demolition bot?

7?