Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Best bots for base versus raids

In your opinions which bots are best for base protecting? (Mod combo for each) and in which order placement in the base? (Also which **,***,****,***** level)

Also in your opinion which bots are better for raids/arena/alliance missions?

Comments

• Chrome2279Chrome2279 Posts: 135
    Any suggestions?
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Drift/Grindor/UltraMagnus/Bonecrusher/Rhinox + Harm accelerator
    Motormaster/ROTFMegatron + Exo filter
    Soundwave/Duped G1Bee/Prowl + Robot resource
    Arcee + EMI module

Etc
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    I know it's a recurring question but how about raid enough to find out which settings give you the biggest headache?
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Drift/Grindor/UltraMagnus/Bonecrusher/Rhinox + Harm accelerator
    Motormaster/ROTFMegatron + Exo filter
    Soundwave/Duped G1Bee/Prowl + Robot resource
    Arcee + EMI module

Etc

Not to give anyone bright ideas but, I agree with that HA list completely. Harm Accelerator is a good first line of defense but it really can go anywhere in my opinion. If you didn't pack a Brawler, Bonecrusher WILL give you a hard time. You could go the whole fight untouched and still come out in bad shape and if he so much as gets even one special, you're so freakin' dead. Ultra Magnus is a cruel one too. Strong against the typical HA buster, he's tanky and that S1 flys out of nowhere, fast and often. I have a special hate for it since Magnus's S1 is notorious for crashing my game mid-fight.

NightBird's Mark is a great mod to put on your last line of defense. The enemy is likely to be pretty beaten up by now so that instant kill is closer to triggering. If they are healthy, then they're gonna bulldoze whatever you have up there anyway. Just about any bot is suitable for this mod but I personally would put Starscream since his ranged attacks already carry an added crit rate, plus he can nullify the attack buff mastery.

I don't really suggest Exo-Filter for Mv Megatron. He already likes to fit back and shoot so while he may become unstoppable a lot, you still fight him the game. Stand back and shoot him between heavies. Most of my Megatron fights are long gunslinging competitions. Robot Resources is by far best on Mv Megatron to me. He's a huge time waster and is actually really hard to coax a premature special at times. Without Shockwave to drain energy from him, this guy is prone to get a S3 off on you. I had him sneak up to three in the same fight before Shockwave got his buff.

Shockwave is actually a pretty good defense bot now too. Any aggressive mod works for him but I don't recommend HA. He's not bad with it, just not as good as other characters can be. Shockwave fancies those shock charges and he often gets you when you're trying to close the gap he likes to maintain. benefitting his ranged attacks or hindering the opponent's seems like a viable strategy for mods on him. RR also works if you have his ability unlocked and decently leveled. The Undo ability can be an issue because it mostly forces the player to stop attacking Shockwave which gives him time to build more energy up to an S3 if you're not careful.
    edited May 2018
    Would you guys recommend G1 Optimus Prime over Megatron RoTF for base defense?

Also do stars matter? *** vs **** ? Regarding base defense?
    Chrome2279 wrote: »
    Would you guys recommend G1 Optimus Prime over Megatron RoTF for base defense?

Also do stars matter? *** vs **** ? Regarding base defense?

No, Megatron is a lot tougher than G1 OP, especially when duped. What's so tough about fighting against Optimus?
    No, PI matters
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    This seems to be a useful topic. Any new tips? I like putting a beefy Grindor on a HA mod
    edited May 2018
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    This seems to be a useful topic. Any new tips? I like putting a beefy Grindor on a HA mod
    I used to do that, that was working. But I switched to the Repair module based off the recommendation on the website. I don’t think it’s as powerful but repair module based off the recommendation on the website. I don’t think it’s as powerful but HA Works a lot better with bone crusher.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited May 2018
    Repair mod is garbage, don't waste your resources on it.

As mentioned before, HA, Night Bird, Laser Guidance, Power mod and Exo Filter are the mods you want. Place Megatron on laser guidance, HA or exo with any tanky bot, and if you have a barricade, pair him with night bird as your last node to really piss people off.

My ideal defence would be ultra Magnus as first defense with HA, then power mod with Galvatron as the second middle node, with barricade with NB on the last node. You can sprinkle other mods and bots on the other nodes from the list above and you have a cancer base to be reckoned with.
    Is strange refractor any good on anyone?
    I like Strange Refractor on Rhinox. This is so they can't reduce Rhinox's shields by hitting his block.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Is strange refractor any good on anyone?

Strange Refractor on Rhinox and Dinobot is a good choice.

Is repair module and security module good on anyone? And EMI? I have EMI on Ultra Magnus
    edited May 2018
    EMI is good for Arcee
    Repair on tanky bots such as Grindor, Ultra Magnus, etc to extend the fight even longer
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Strange Refractor doesn't add anything new to Dinobot. Ironhide still crushes him in the old way. To drag enemies into melee fight, Dinobot goes better with EMI in theory.

Repair and Security only slightly increase the round time, so they're only good for bots dealing damage when hit (like Bonecrusher or Rhinox).
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Unless you have a very powerful Bonecrusher, I'd avoid putting him, or any warrior, on the HA because MV1 uses it to gain health and Grimlock is just immune to it.
    Bots with good evades such as Sideswipe and Barricade, and bots with heavy armor such as Grindor, blue Megatron, and Ultra Magnus are great to beat MV1 because his willpower gains health on a percentage of damage dished out, UM has the class advantage and the armor, and you can't get health back from a bot you can't land a hit on.
    Everyone uses MV1 to kill bone on HA. So best to put Grindor or a tactician like Ultra Magnus or G1 Megs that puts MV1 at a class disadvantage. IF you have a 3* and a 4* HA then you have a chance to wear their team down.
    Any other suggestions?
    Would sideswipe be a good defender for my base? What mod will go great to pair with him?
    Would sideswipe be a good defender for my base? What mod will go great to pair with him?

Yes
    Robot Resource, NB’s mark
    What bot+mod combo is best for the first bot opponents face in your base? I read somewhere it’s best too keep your high HP bots for the middle/back of your base defense. Who should be in the front?
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Blaster or duped soundwave with lgm gives a frustrating and inconvenient start to a raid. Soundwave reflects at an increased speed with lgm and blaster will frustrate an opponent even if he’s not really a challenge. Might as well make an unpleasant experience if they want your raid chips
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2018
    What bot+mod combo is best for the first bot opponents face in your base? I read somewhere it’s best too keep your high HP bots for the middle/back of your base defense. Who should be in the front?

OGMT on LGM is another good starting bot..

Or virtually any demo bot on Robot Resource/superconductor 1000.

You sometimes get lucky and Pwn one opponent bot this way before they even get going

You pretty much want to have NBM + annoying evade bot as your final node whenever possible. Arcee is a good choice here, and so is Dinobot