Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

These bots need a buff

LaprasLapras Posts: 258
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
These bots are in need of a buff:

Soundwave - He has really fallen behind as of late. With the huge buff Shockwave got and with Blaster being introduced Soundwave is no longer needed. If his power control abilities got buffed a little he could become viable again.

Starscream - All the difficult content in the game requires you to counter the mod more then the actual bot. Since Starscream is helpless against mods there is little to no use for him. OG Megatron sig allows you to steal mod buffs for example, what can Starscream do against mods?

Grindor - His damage output is pretty low compared to other brawlers and his sig doesn’t compensate enough.

Sideswipe - Compared to the other scouts he just simply just doesn’t cut it. He has the worse evade of all scouts, you have to take hits before it activates. What good is it at that point? The idea should be to help prevent you from taking a hit to begin with.

Waspinator - Does anyone even use him?

What makes this list even worst is that somehow 3 is them made it into the 5* pool.
Tagged:

Comments

• Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Not even Mixmaster or Hound?
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Hot rod?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Please no buff to wasp.

It will just mean he's even more annoying to fight in top level content.

He's good, just need to put him in a beast squad.
  • Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    I can mostly agree. I haven't used Grindor a whole lot since he doesn't synergy with anything I have, but I always thought he was a monster with that S2. He doesn't sound bad for fighting crit mods either since he can diminish them.

I do like Soundwave's mostly passive energy style, but he could use a small pick-me-up. I think he could use a rate buff to his power and stun debuffs so they happen more often.

Starscream is pretty situational and has lost a bit of punching power since the mastery change. I still like to use him, but it's true I take Megatron over him for any serious missions. probably G1 Prime too, I just haven't ranked him on par yet.

Sideswipe I agree with completely though I won't say he's weak. He's actually one of the hardest bots to beat for me since he gets that evasion at such an awkward time. Right in the middle of a second melee combo. the main reason I can agree is that he was my first 4* Scout yet I never leveled him and waited til Waspinator and Windblade made it into my roster. Sideswipe is a good defense bot which explains why I see him so often when raiding.

Waspinator seems like a nice fit with the Beast wars characters and gains a really nice 32% total attack increase for himself and grants 8% attack to the rest of the team. It pays to have enemies.
    Otherwise, He is a little underpowered when used. Waspinator is once again a pretty mean defense bot as he's another character that's actually put considerable damage to my Shockwave at times. Much more than the other demos normally do. His AI is rather skilled in comparison. Shockwave's new 100% block helps against a modded Waspinator but he'll make you hurt even if you block his sting shots when raid modded properly. I would have a hard time buffing that guy without making him overpowered all the sudden.

I think overall, some bots were made to be defenders because many underpowered bots can actually be the toughest guard dogs.
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    edited May 2018
    Manthro wrote: »
    Please no buff to wasp.

I agree there needs to be a balance as a defender, but I will argue the reason he is challenging in top level content is because the mods they pair him with, not wasp himself. I think if you pair an increased range speed and range damage mod with a lot of bots they become nightmares. Take mirage for example, he is generally pretty easy to beat, but if he launches a SP1 and get increased range speed and pair that with a mod like they did in ROK he becomes a nightmare. Take those away and he is pretty easy to beat.

I think they could find ways to make him more useful without making him OP as a defender like they orgianlly did with UM.

If you have some good gameplay footage showing how he is useful as an attacker I would love to see it
  • ShuckermliShuckermli Posts: 24
    Yes, Grindor needs to more damages he is weak without his signature.
  • Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
    Please no buff to wasp.

So you have a hard time fighting him and that means he shouldn’t be buffed? It doesn’t work like that buddy. Wasp needs a buff.
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    Starscream definitely needs a buff. If he has nothing to nullify he becomes garbage. His sp1 should have shock or burn damage & his sp2 should be 100% armor break. He's without a doubt the worst tact.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Jay32 wrote: »
    Starscream definitely needs a buff. If he has nothing to nullify he becomes garbage. His sp1 should have shock or burn damage & his sp2 should be 100% armor break. He's without a doubt the worst tact.

Yeah, against a bot without any buffs to nullify, it seems like his punches are weaker than Ratchet’s.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    https://youtu.be/rCFH-wDyibM

Sideswipe doesn’t need a buff
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Wasp is awesome and sideswipes use is he is one of the fastest if not the fastest fighter in the game and grindor hits like a truck and almost everyone uses wasp
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    Sideswipe’s buff is already there in his synergies, just need tomoair him with the correct team and he is a beast.... starscream needs a buff to his nullify, and as previously stated a burn or shock on his sp1 and armor break 100% on sp2..... wasp is just awkward to play with, he is beastly when using ranged attacks but not sure a buff is needed on him, i there is any bot that needs a buff, its ratchet...ok, he heals and he heals others, but you bring him to save energon on repairs when and of his synergy with og decides to kick in(100% chance my foot) so now you are stuck with the weakest bot as far as attack and damage output holding up a spot on the team, ole pillow fists usually gets left behind for blaster, rhinox, shock or soundwave...
    sw could stand to get a slight boost somewhere, slight heal on reflect, or his poower drain or something... um is much better after the last buff he got, but a chance to burn on his heavy would be nice..... now to hot rod the single worse bot in this game that doesnt fit his classes description in the least, no bleed, he has a time gun that slows the opponent down, i get it is supposed to stop scouts and other classes from evading but where is his bleed...., and lastly the bot that needs a buff the most tact bee... buff to a 4* already!!!!
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Hot rod?

yes hot rod is awful and my brother maxed his 3* hot rod...#WastedMaterials
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    edited May 2018
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Hot rod?

yes hot rod is awful and my brother maxed his 3* hot rod...#WastedMaterials

It’s the same as sideswipe drop prowl in with Sideswipe, hot rod and mirage

Hot rod is actually one of the better bots alone though. First if he is duped you gain acceleration which increases his power gain. Then you have deceleration, which cause evasion failure against bots like barricade, Arcee, kickback, sideswipe etc. that’s handy to have especially in AM. Deceleration also opens the crit while deceleration is active on your opponent. All and all a strong bot that just needs a little bit more finesse
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited May 2018
    I think there was thread out there somewhere addressing this kind of stuff.

But anyways while we're at it.....my concern is with Dinobot. His passive armour break requires you to sit there and absorb hits. That can be great against equal and weaker opponents but against much stronger opponents, Dinobot will take actual damage and lose health. It seems silly that to take advantage of one of Dino's abilities, especially against stronger opponents when you need the abilities the most, you have to actually lose health. What's the point then?
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Buff for grimlock perhaps? Would love to see him have more synergies and a longer lasting melee buff. Having to heavy within 6 seconds every time is a bit tedious. 10 seconds wouldn’t be overkill.
    edited May 2018
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

But anyways while we're at it.....my concern is with Dinobot. His passive armour break requires you to sit there and absorb hits. That can be great against equal and weaker opponents but against much stronger opponents, Dinobot will take actual damage and lose health. It seems silly that to take advantage of one of Dino's abilities, especially against stronger opponents when you need the abilities the most, you have to actually lose health. What's the point then?

The point is to make you press block in the last moment as if you're to trigger Mix's concussive block. Then your Dinobot can take minimal damage. But well, that trick has no visuals so you can't be sure if you have done it well unless you have Mix on your team (then you can burn some of enemy's power).

This game never encourages blocking, anyway.
    Even
    Y2K wrote: »

The point is to make you press block in the last moment as if you're to trigger Mix's concussive block. Then your Dinobot can take minimal damage. But well, that trick has no visuals so you can't be sure if you have done it well unless you have Mix on your team (then you can burn some of enemy's power).

Minimal damage is still damage, you could easily lose 1%, 2%, 3% or more from just one hit.
    edited May 2018
    Even

Minimal damage is still damage, you could easily lose 1%, 2%, 3% or more from just one hit.

But he still is the one who deals damage (and armor break) through blocking, right? What you imply, is that he shouldn't lost health when blocking while dealing damage as well. Of course that's no gonna happen. Because Bonecrusher users will ask for not losing health when receiving Melee crit while dealing bleeds anyway. What's the point to deal bleed when you have to be hit in the first place?
    The skill is there as a beneficial margin, not to be something to rely on all day.
    edited May 2018

I consider that passive as a bonus. It isn't intended as a primary damage source, he just happens to wear the opponent down when you block. It's effective in base defense when you pair him with strange refractor or HA, tons of bonus damage.

But, it is far more effective when you paiir him with Mixmaster, because he actually gains concussive block. So when you perfect block, you gain +50% block proficiency, taking less damage, and the enemy stumbles backwards, and you burn him for 5% power.

Then you can actually take advantage of his Sig on dash ins because to interrupt the combo this way and inflict armour break.. He penetrates 20% of the opponent block proficiency, and has a chance to break block on armour breaks.

Dinobot probably has the widest and most interesting array of incoming synergies. You can build all kinds of hybrid squads around him.

Try beast/sword/mix. He's a force to be reckoned with.
    Even

But he still is the one who deals damage (and armor break) through blocking, right? What you imply, is that he shouldn't lost health when blocking while dealing damage as well. Of course that's no gonna happen. Because Bonecrusher users will ask for not losing health when receiving Melee crit while dealing bleeds anyway. What's the point to deal bleed when you have to be hit in the first place?
    The skill is there as a beneficial margin, not to be something to rely on all day.

But if Dino's shield is so special and powerful that it can break armour then how does it stand to reason that he loses health while blocking? He isn't being hit directly.

Same thing with the bots who hit with swords....how is it possible that they bleed when they hit Bonecrusher??

But anyways, I am not going to make a campaign out of this, lol.
    edited May 2018
    Even

But if Dino's shield is so special and powerful that it can break armour then how does it stand to reason that he loses health while blocking? He isn't being hit directly.

Same thing with the bots who hit with swords....how is it possible that they bleed when they hit Bonecrusher??

Things don't have to make perfect logical sense in games. But... You know what does make sense? Dinobot losing health on blocking... Can you imagine blocking the entire fight and winning because you deal damage but don't take any?

Yeah...

Once you accept that, you won't be so constipated.

I consider that passive as a bonus. It isn't intended as a primary damage source, he just happens to wear the opponent down when you block. It's effective in base defense when you pair him with strange refractor or HA, tons of bonus damage.

But, it is far more effective when you paiir him with Mixmaster, because he actually gains concussive block. So when you perfect block, you gain +50% block proficiency, taking less damage, and the enemy stumbles backwards, and you burn him for 5% power.

Then you can actually take advantage of his Sig on dash ins because to interrupt the combo this way and inflict armour break.. He penetrates 20% of the opponent block proficiency, and has a chance to break block on armour breaks.

Dinobot probably has the widest and most interesting array of incoming synergies. You can build all kinds of hybrid squads around him.

Yeah, I was lucky enough to pull a 4* Bludgeon early on and I love using him so him and Dino have gotten me through a lot. If I pull a 4* or 5* Primal one day then maybe I would consider a hybrid team. Right now the only other 4* Beast I have is Rhinox and I'm not sure about how high I want to take him up. Now if only they would make Grimlock a part of the Swordmasters, that would be some team!!
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481

Heck yeah, I’m working on my Dino build team now with 5str wasp synergy, used to be mixmaster, but I can’t pass up that 10% extra special damage, but in arena, Dino, mix and drift for life.
    dkg463ctehcr.png
    Even

Things don't have to make perfect logical sense in games. But... You know what does make sense? Dinobot losing health on blocking... Can you imagine blocking the entire fight and winning because you deal damage but don't take any?

Yeah...

Constipated?? As I clearly said I wasn't going to make a campaign out of it.
    Even

Yeah...

Yes, constipated :)
    Even

Yeah...

Furthermore, what makes you so sure you'd win by blocking the entire fight? You don't think you'd creamed by heavies
    Even

Yeah...

Yes, constipated :)

What makes you so sure you'd win by shielding an entire match anyways? You don't think you'd creamed by a heavy or at least an SP3 once in a while. There are risks to shielding.

I think I am regular thank you.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I agree that Soundwave could use a buff, maybe additional stun chances on specials? His playstyle revolves around keeping power gain on himself and shock on his opponent, maybe add a tiny power drain to his shocks, allowing him to really dominate the power game.
    Ratchet needs a buff, he's the only Tech bot who needs his sig (and at a high/maxed rank as well) to keep from getting one-shotted by Demos. Literally every other Tech has easily accessible abilities to either drain power, shield themselves from specials/crits, or even repair themselves off of ranged shots. Ratchet has to wait until half health to get his entire skill set unlocked, at which point any demo in the game (possibly excluding Ramjet) can annihilate him with an S2 or above.
    Grimlock could use some wider synergies, but I don't mind the cool down timer, it doesn't feel restrictive to me.
    Don't buff Wasp. Dear Primus, don't buff Wasp.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    CandKane wrote: »
    I agree that Soundwave could use a buff, maybe additional stun chances on specials? His playstyle revolves around keeping power gain on himself and shock on his opponent, maybe add a tiny power drain to his shocks, allowing him to really dominate the power game.
    Ratchet needs a buff, he's the only Tech bot who needs his sig (and at a high/maxed rank as well) to keep from getting one-shotted by Demos. Literally every other Tech has easily accessible abilities to either drain power, shield themselves from specials/crits, or even repair themselves off of ranged shots. Ratchet has to wait until half health to get his entire skill set unlocked, at which point any demo in the game (possibly excluding Ramjet) can annihilate him with an S2 or above.
    Grimlock could use some wider synergies, but I don't mind the cool down timer, it doesn't feel restrictive to me.
    Don't buff Wasp. Dear Primus, don't buff Wasp.

Power drain on Soundwave’s shock would make him dope.