Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Which bot would you choose to Awaken??

DrkPrinzDrkPrinz Posts: 37
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
Soundwave and Blaster have more or less the same movement style in terms of speed and heavy. But Signature attack wise one can absorb and regain health while the other can reflect an attack. So which one would you choose to use an awakening program??

I just have one Awakening program and am having difficulty choosing. So if possible, please leave a reason for your vote

Which bot would you choose to Awaken?? 24 votes

Soundwave
41%
ladysman_417PyrusPrimeJmdBumblebee254Black_ThoughtCONTRAVavatronPeasUrAverageMalaka99Starlord99 10 votes
Blaster
58%
French_BakerBumblebeeMegaKuppCakeJoker69Gunz0D3v1LBotSanic清明自在DaveJLDutch1980NinjaHunterXTheAmOs12Bntyhntr3232_Orion_pax13 14 votes

Comments

• D3v1LD3v1L Posts: 65
    Blaster
    Blaster, cause first of all he is not in the regular crystals.So you will need to wait around 2 months to possibly duplicate him,when Soundwave is in the regular pbc and 4* crystals.You may get lucky and pull him soon or right away,so you will waste a 4* gem on him if this happens.
    SW needs to have a higher sig. for you to rely fully on his awakend ability.

Blaster has more utility as well.His L2 and L3 hit really hard,but his interference ability on range shots is golden.Soundwave's heavy attack is great though and this is why you can consider him to be awakend as well.But in the end Blaster edges out Soundwave.
    And for me Blaster is just a bit more fun to use.
  • DrkPrinzDrkPrinz Posts: 37
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for the detailed reply @D3v1L But something that has been bothering me about the signature ability of Blaster is that, when his range attacks have the ability to slow down bullets then there is a very low possibility of them hitting him so if nothing is hitting then there goes the option of regaining health. . . .
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Blaster
    Blaster because he isn't in the crystals. A low sig Soundwave wont help you much.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    He's an investment, but getting Soundwave to sig 100 or close to it is pretty awesome. He reflects almost everything with his shield up it's 90% at sig 100.

I like using Blaster better because he's more interesting to use, but his sig ain't that great.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    The reasoning behind doing Blaster makes sense since there's a slim chance you could pull Soundwave from a crystal. But, it's still a slim chance. I have Soundwave at sig 10 and it's very unpredictable when it will actually reflect something. I won't lie and say it hasn't saved me a few times, but it's not something to rely on at a low level.

Blaster's sig, not sure exactly how much it benefits. Absorbs projectiles when blocking? Does it nulify the damage too? Or you also take the damage. I've only seen the green numbers when blocking ranged. I do like the shrug off ranged attacks. Let's me dash in almost Motormaster unstoppable-like to lead into a combo. I only use it to finish off a bot in arenas though so not sure if it's really practicable unless you absorb and don't take damage. I only have a duped 3 star version and use him in the beginning arenas so I can't really tell.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Blaster
    Blaster's sig makes him annoying on base defense and kinda increases his survivability if you play as him
    Soundwave's sig makes him annoying on base defense and that's it
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    Blaster absorbs projectiles and heals when blocking, soundwave really needs to be a high sig(as mentioned) his sig starts getting really good and reflecting almost every ranged attack somewhere around 70, blaster at 5 starts healing just the percentage goes up with sig level increase.... as much as i like them both i ended up r5 blaster and forged my sig 35 r4 soundwave to my 5* shockwave, screwed up my arena teams but oh well
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Blaster's sig, not sure exactly how much it benefits. Absorbs projectiles when blocking? Does it nulify the damage too? Or you also take the damage.

I'm also confused by the description "Blaster’s Shield allows him to shrug off the impact of Basic Energy Ranged Attacks and reduces a further 20% of incoming Energy Damage."
    I see "shrug off" as "being immune" just like Grimlock is to any attack in Dinosaur mode. In other words, this make my think Blaster is 100% block proficient as Shockwave is against the first 3 shots. But then why is there some "further 20%" to reduce?

• Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Y2K wrote: »
    Blaster's sig, not sure exactly how much it benefits. Absorbs projectiles when blocking? Does it nulify the damage too? Or you also take the damage.

I'm also confused by the description "Blaster’s Shield allows him to shrug off the impact of Basic Energy Ranged Attacks and reduces a further 20% of incoming Energy Damage."
    I see "shrug off" as "being immune" just like Grimlock is to any attack in Dinosaur mode. In other words, this make my think Blaster is 100% block proficient as Shockwave is against the first 3 shots. But then why is there some "further 20%" to reduce?

Basic Energy Ranged Attacks (like guns) as opposed to Heavy Energy Attacks like Soundwave's or Barricade's.
    edited May 2018
    OK I see. You can get knocked down by a heavy or eat a ranged special but 20% is saved anyway.

That said, there's no need to gamble regening with Blaster when the incoming damage may outrun the replenishment.
  • PyrusPrimePyrusPrime Posts: 177
    Soundwave
    I said Soundwave because with Blaster slow down range effects it less likely to be hit anyhow also the small amount you heal is not worth letting yourself be hit to repair as it does not add up very fast. But Soundwaves reflect at higher levels is great and makes for imho one of the stronger bots in the game, then again contrary to popular opinion I think duped grimlock is king of the brawlers lol
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2018
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

Basic Energy Ranged Attacks (like guns) as opposed to Heavy Energy Attacks like Soundwave's or Barricade's.

There's more to it than that.

As you Sig gets higher, the shield lasts just long enough after you release block to dash in.

Blaster can dash through basic ranged almost like unstoppable, healing AND starting a combo all in one.

I've noticed this in master spotlight, since the blaster there has a high enough Sig to do this vs my windblade at times.

Will be very useful vs sharkticons and demotron
    Indeed man, shrug off the impact like Motormaster. Not the damage itself though.
    Manthro wrote: »

As you Sig gets higher, the shield lasts just long enough after you release block to dash in.

Blaster can dash through basic ranged almost like unstoppable, healing AND starting a combo all in one.

I've noticed this in master spotlight, since the blaster there has a high enough Sig to do this vs my windblade at times.

So does “shrug off” mean take no damage? I see in the description the 40% chance to heal, but not sure about damage. The only time I remembered to pay attention to it while dashing through ranged was against Arcee and I ended up just stacking bleed so I couldn’t tell.
    edited May 2018

So does “shrug off” mean take no damage? I see in the description the 40% chance to heal, but not sure about damage. The only time I remembered to pay attention to it while dashing through ranged was against Arcee and I ended up just stacking bleed so I couldn’t tell.

It is a bit confusing. "Shrug off the impact" I guess means the projectile won't stop him if he dashes in?? Because I sat there shielding and intentionally taking hits from the Demolition Shark's gun with an awakened 3* Blaster and I was definitely losing health.

It is a bit confusing. "Shrug off the impact" I guess means the projectile won't stop him if he dashes in?? Because I sat there shielding and intentionally taking hits from the Demolition Shark's gun with an awakened 3* Blaster and I was definitely losing health.

He's just like MM. You trade some life with a combo. And you have chance to regen. It's only fair.

He's just like MM. You trade some life with a combo. And you have chance to regen. It's only fair.

If that's what it is, that's what it is. But that isn't "shrugging off impact", that is a weird way of wording it.
  • DrkPrinzDrkPrinz Posts: 37
    @Red_Eyes @Manthro @Y2K read your suggestions and everyone else's suggestions, and as is evident from the poll both Soundwave and Blaster are somehow evenly matched. I compared these points with the way I usually fight, its a normal instinct to dodge a range attack and then dash. I very rarely dash in and get hit by range except when fighting against Barricade or Wasp who back steps and then fires. And even when hit it says "shrug off and chance to regen" but like @Y2K said "incoming damage may outrun the replenishment" and Blaster is not strong like MM to take a hit. In the case of Soundwave we have the "chance to reflect" so unlocking this signature does not guarantee a reflect but does not require a change in fighting style. You can fight as usual dodging range, but if it hits and reflects then the opponent gets a bang straight in the face.

@Manthro you said the shield last longer at higher signatures but there is no mention of that in the bot description. I tried to get the bot intel page to ask @Kabam Miike @Kabam Rimehaven @Kabam Kaled if our understanding of "shrug off" being discussed here is right or wrong and also about the shield lasting longer, if so then how long to expect based on signature level

The way I see it BASTER fits a defensive play style (which I did use to take out Wasp boss in this spotlight) and SOUNDWAVE fits an offensive kind. And I personally prefer to hit back rather than rely on taking damage and hope to get a health regen. And Blaster's best skill of slowing range attacks down is available as is without Signature awakened.

Unfortunately the decision making took longer and I missed the "Item Use" event this time, so I am going to wait till the next one to use the Awakening. . . and still hoping that I get a Soundwave dupe from a PBC before that event, which would make things a lot easier.
    Shrug off does not mean you take no damage. It just means that you will not have your movement interrupted
    At some point Blaster's signature becomes useless, no?? When you're facing much stronger opponents how much are you going to dash in against projectiles at the expense of health?? You'll get wiped out pretty quick even with a high signature level.

Why don't they just make an awakened Blaster immune to basic energy attacks while shielding, period? I mean he can "shrug off the impact", lose health and gain health all at the same time? lol. Whatever.
    Because if he could just heal without taking any damage, he would be broken
    edited May 2018
    You mean like Prowl who can gain massive amounts of power for doing nothing other than dashing back?
    Let's put it straight: regen, especially when you can easily repair back to 100% health, is frowned upon. That why Kabam nerfed Ratchet.

And it takes much more than nothing, even for a ninja player, to use Prowl and lamely abuse his sp3, if that's what you implied.
    Shrug off does not mean you take no damage. It just means that you will not have your movement interrupted

I figured, just wasn’t sure. Wasn’t there a spotlight where one of the mods gave the comp the ability to shrug off ranged and repair? I think when I hit those bots with ranged, I only saw a repair and not damage. I know it’s an ability and not a mod, but the wording was very similar so I had to wonder.
    edited May 2018
    You mean like Prowl who can gain massive amounts of power for doing nothing other than dashing back?

This is not even close to the same thing. You also have to wait for the melee buffs to expire before being able to power charge again.