Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Any tips for expert wasp?

This fight is proving a total nuisance for me. The Energon shield is messing with me too much along with the other mods, and I keep getting wiped out quickly. I’m clean out of revives because of this, and losing faith in my ability to get his map 100%.

I’ve nailed him on the hardest path, but Energon shield path is the main issue. Just losing too much health by he time I get to him.

My team is r4 g1 megs, r4 shockwave, r4 galvatron, r4 grimlock, r1 5* starscream. That’s the best I’ve got, don’t have any other r4’s I can sub in. If anyone has any advice on how to get him down consistently it’d be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Don't hesitate to trade shots. This keeps you in your normal pace. If you force yourself to look at his shots while eyeing the shield's counter, you don't gain power and he can easily surprise you with a heavy, which can often be lethal.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Y2K wrote: »
    Don't hesitate to trade shots. This keeps you in your normal pace. If you force yourself to look at his shots while eyeing the shield's counter, you don't gain power and he can easily surprise you with a heavy, which can often be lethal.

Yup. This is what I was getting at. Even though he is healing, you are charging your power bar, and you make up for the non damage eventually.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited May 2018
    I only took him down once but I found if I kept moving (swiping continuously up or down- to the bot's side), that he actually didn't hit me much because by the time he shot I had already moved away. In this way I didn't focus so much on dodging and it was easier to keep an eye on the Energon Shield counter.

I fought him with Bludgeon and I'm sure the Bleeds he can inflict with his light attacks helped me too.

That said I did have to revive once, if I remember correctly, but by that time Wasp had very little health left.

Edit: I actually found Expert Waspinator MUCH easier than I expected and the final Expert Cheetor boss MUCH harder than I expected.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Thanks guys, I’ll try swapping lanes. I know bringing 2 tact’s to him isn’t the best idea but the best below them is a r3 windblade. @Manthro you pretty much described what I’d been doing, the speed he was taking me out at meant I was adopting a more defensive strategy. @Red_Eyes we’re you getting bleeds while Energon shield was up? Might be a good way to take him out. @Y2K I’m usually quite good st the ranged game, but not with wasp for some reason.

Funny saying bout Cheetor being harder, I found him a breeze compared to wasp. Already got Cheetor 100%, although it cost me a painful amount of Energon to get there.
    Yes, you will still land all types of damaging debuffs with the energon shield up. Go to town on him.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    I only took him down once but I found if I kept moving (swiping continuously up or down- to the bot's side), that he actually didn't hit me much because by the time he shot I had already moved away. In this way I didn't focus so much on dodging and it was easier to keep an eye on the Energon Shield counter.

I fought him with Bludgeon and I'm sure the Bleeds he can inflict with his light attacks helped me too.

That said I did have to revive once, if I remember correctly, but by that time Wasp had very little health left.

Edit: I actually found Expert Waspinator MUCH easier than I expected and the final Expert Cheetor boss MUCH harder than I expected.

I'm agree with you regarding chp 3 final boss. Cheetor is way more harder than wasp. You basically dead if you got hit by cheetor's 5 hit combo.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Thanks guys, I’ll try swapping lanes. I know bringing 2 tact’s to him isn’t the best idea but the best below them is a r3 windblade. @Manthro you pretty much described what I’d been doing, the speed he was taking me out at meant I was adopting a more defensive strategy. @Red_Eyes we’re you getting bleeds while Energon shield was up? Might be a good way to take him out. @Y2K I’m usually quite good st the ranged game, but not with wasp for some reason.

Funny saying bout Cheetor being harder, I found him a breeze compared to wasp. Already got Cheetor 100%, although it cost me a painful amount of Energon to get there.

Bleeds with the shield up.....no, not that I remember. If I did it would have been unintentional.

Exactly. That is why I said Cheetor was harder. I revived once at most for Wasp. I had to revive like 4 or 5 times for Cheetor.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    OG Bee Rios him to shreds if you have him. Then just fight super aggressively and take down his heal.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited May 2018
    Rips not Rios... stupid autocorrect.

Seriously though, Bee makes Wasp an easier challenge than Cheetor.

gk4wnu0fudmi.png
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Wasp is frustrating and stressful, but for some reason, more of my bots get destroyed by Cheetor than Wasp.

I use Rhinox against Waspinator (with no Beast Purification synergy on) and managed to take away over 50% of his health in some fights. Bots with damage over time help a lot

Btw, has anyone tried using duped Soundwave or Blaster against him?
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    First run through expert i walked through wasp with og prime with an otherwise dead team... figured it was a last ditch effort, so why not! then i read the mod description and realized what i was doing shouldnt have worked, super aggresive and not letting wasp shoot was the key. After that it was a combination of blaster and bludgeon that handled wasp, but the energon shield is not affected by dot effects get a good bleed going or a good shock on him and he will lose heal through the energon shield, also if you dont want to heal him too much while the shield is up when there is a sliver of the timer left go in to attack him as soon as the tmer expires he gets super aggressive, and you can hardly get to him... the first hit or two may heal him little bit but that sliht heal wont make a difference. Wasp always seems to fire a heavy or an sp just as the timer is about to expire so you need to catch him before that...
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for the help guys, I’m faring better than before but he’s still getting me. That revive is driving me up the wall. @Vavatron the g1 bee I have is 3*, so he won’t be doing much damage. Shockwave is doing most of the donkey work, and landing the shocks during Energon shield is working. The first time I went through him I didn’t remember him being this hard, just need a bit of luck to get through him another 4 times. Once he’s done, expert is done. Not even attempting master after this ordeal.
  • D3v1LD3v1L Posts: 65
    edited May 2018
    Try the first two Chapters on Master.
    Chapter one at least.Even for completion the rewards are good.
    As of Wasp- do you have Ratchet?Shockwave has good synergies with him,Mirage,...not sure who else was it...Check it out ingame.
    If you combine a good synergy team,bring a debuff or shock immune bot(Shockwave has 100% block proficiency against range attacks), invest some in particular Masteries,use boosts when you fight him.
    You will get his number eventually.
    Another tactic if you are dying,but he is at 2-3% health,do not fight him anymore.You will kill him,but then he will revive at 6-7% health and will get you.Then you need to start all over.
    Better to wear him down to 1-2% health and die on purpose.Then kill him with another bot,who is at full.
    Also you need to range shot in return and move up and down non stop.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Leave him at the point of death is a nice trick. But Ratchet... I tried a lot with him but it's really dangerous to try self diagnose: one heavy missed, three shocks encased.
    I have no ratchet, but I do have more techs than anything else which would help shockwave. Unfortunately none are above r2, which means outside synergy they’re useless here. I can get all the bots to wasp alive, but not in perfect condition if I’m trying the Energon shield paths, which I’m doing my best to get out the way. Only g1 bee is giving me problems on that lane, bludgeon and galvatron are of little issue outside taking some damage. Starscream is being sacrificed to get me through them, since g1 meg is throwing class disadvantage out the window against wasp with buff steals. Trying to save shockwave until last so I can hammer him at last.

Thanks again for the advice guys, nothing in game has gave me this much hassle before. Seeing improvement though, just need luck and no more instant sp1 after revive from wasp. Pretty much what destroyed my last attempt at him

• Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Just use Mirage. Mirage heavy slips under wasp range attacks. I just sidestep twice and heavy. When energon shield up, heavy further away so you can’t get hit by range shots and yet don’t hit him. When energon shield down, move close naturally through sidestepping to hit him. It’s a long fight.
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    Another thing if you are using shockwave try to hit him with an sp2 or sp3 when he is close enough to die and he will come back from his sig with 1hp, shocks repair block works wonders, wasp is a pain after his revive when he starts spamming heavy and ranged
    edited May 2018
    Wolfmills wrote: »
    Another thing if you are using shockwave try to hit him with an sp2 or sp3 when he is close enough to die and he will come back from his sig with 1hp, shocks repair block works wonders, wasp is a pain after his revive when he starts spamming heavy and ranged

I completely forgot about that, and just done it. FINALLY got my second win against him. Sadly had to use a revive and a couple repairs but got him.

Only 3 more times left, and expert is finished for the first time. Will be glad when it’s over.

Edit
    Went through the full Energon shield path too. Had to plan my strategy carefully but made it through them all with just scream.
    edited May 2018
    Another very advanced tactic you can try, but it takes practice...

Once you get inside for a combo, don't back off, just block after your combo and sidestep, then start another combo. If you knock him down, time a melee hit to connect as he is getting up.

There are things to be aware of using the "meaty hit" technique:

1) you MUST be aware of his power bar. The AI is adept at firing a special to counter your meaty hit. Be ready to sidestep at all times.

2) Wasp is annoyingly good at back stepping and firing off a ranged combo from a knockdown. You must be ready to sidestep on the event you miss that first hit and start another combo immediately to keep the pressure on.

3) You will whiff air from time to time. Again, be ready to sidestep and just keep the pressure on.

I find this technique useful when I am fighting wasp with Rhinox or Mirage, because you can absorb special attacks with much less pain in the event of a mistake.

It is very difficult to master, and I suggest practicing in another game mode before trying to utilize it.

A raid with LGM node on demo Megatron is a good place to start. Because he gets unstoppable periodically, it forces you to move in and out repeatedly and get the timing down.

edited May 2018
    So... I put together a squad of 4/40 unforged bots and took a run on expert spotlight to see if I could trash wasp by being overly aggressive... The only relic boost I have is titan hand. All my other relic are hound relics for extra gold:

https://youtu.be/rFx_wwas52k

I hereby decree if you are incapable of defeating wasp on expert with a squad of 4/40 bots.. watch this video, then quit the game. Be warned, there is zero strategy to this fight. Do not expect anything ninja, I fought this way to prove it can be easily done, lol.
  • DrkPrinzDrkPrinz Posts: 37
    I am not sure if you beat Wasp already but I had the exact same issue with Wasp on the hardest lane. I revived my whole team twice before I took down Wasp. The next round onwards I just needed hardly two to three bots to take out Wasp. So I wanted to give a few tips that helped me. There were a few comments here regarding ramming Wasp at full strength irrespective of the shield but that is a bad idea. Understand the mods and then fight. This is how I did it,

At the start of the fight Wasp has range+ damage (for 7sec) and energon shield so all you have to do is stay far away and be patient, do not engage till the range+ icon turns off. You will have a tendency to rush in when the energon shield goes down, but dont do it if the range attack boost mode is active. You will get small windows in between where the range+ is inactive and also the shield is down. That is the time to do some serious damage. When the shield is inactive, every hit you give is a lot more powerful so one complete combo can bring down a lot of health. And when the shield or range turns back on then back away. . dodge range. . . . and repeat. . . patience is the key.

Another helpful bot in this situation is BLASTER, as you may know blaster can slow down bullets which happen to be Wasps most powerful weapon. So if you have Blaster on your team then you don't have to worry about the high speed deadly range attacks.
    It’s done. After my second win I spent a little on energy refills and just finished him, all without revives or anything.

Kinda done all of it with scream and shockwave. Thanks to all for the advice, helped me 100% expert for the first time.

Now to auto run easy and medium to recoup the Energon I blitzed on repairs. Try and cut some of the losses
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    It’s done. After my second win I spent a little on energy refills and just finished him, all without revives or anything.

Kinda done all of it with scream and shockwave. Thanks to all for the advice, helped me 100% expert for the first time.

Now to auto run easy and medium to recoup the Energon I blitzed on repairs. Try and cut some of the losses

Congratulation.
    Thanks mate. I’d previously only been able to complete without full exploration, so it’s a good milestone to finally hit. That wasp though....... that was the hardest single fight I’ve had (outside rok and rotk of course).
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    Lay down and play dead