Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Cheetor miniboss 1 in new Sanctum map

he just wiped out my team member's BC and MV1... this ain't easier than previous. We're doing same difficulty 30+ but this seems wayyy harder.

please nerf him.. what are you guys thinking giving him a +50% crit rate mod buff??? He has that annoying built in evade already making him kept evading and retaliating with high damage (thanks to crit too)... do u guys even test out the map before launching??

Comments

• Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Whenever there’s a new map or changes to map, always do an easier level to acclimatize and get used to the mods/ bots/ path, then push back up. Doing something new at same level will be harder simply because of unfamiliarity.
  • Options
    Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    I've already said Cheetor is overall strong in himself. Adding crit rate buff and he'll be godlike.
    Fought him on level 3 with a maxed-f100 BC. Cheetor just bled to death an instant before my BC did. Phew.
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Y2K wrote: »
    I've already said Cheetor is overall strong in himself. Adding crit rate buff and he'll be godlike.
    Fought him on level 3 with a maxed-f100 BC. Cheetor just bled to death an instant before my BC did. Phew.

exactly.. +50% crit rate is just way too much for him.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    just the usual complaining again
  • Options
    Manthro wrote: »
    Davien wrote: »

Primal. Starscream. UM. Megatron. Grindor. Hound. Hot Rod. Drift.

Lots of options. You just brought the wrong bots.

Starscream doesn't work too well because of the evading ranged attacks. UM same reason. Others are solid shouts
  • Options
    SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300

Well, it just happen than Grindor would be all dead before he imply crit debuff, even if he did the buff is strong enough to still let him deal Crit hits.
    HotRod 'may' really work...Primal may survive until Cheetor gains a power bar....
    And You really want Scream,Magnus,Tron to be used against bot who is all about evading ranged attacks!?
    Hound is only good if you are lot familiar with him , otherwise it's quite easy for A.I to sidestep and counter-attack..
    For Drift, You can work good, but.. when he gains a power bar ,he becomes offensive and you can't stop him with ranged and he becomes melee evasive too!
    And not everyone has All kind of Bots like you do.
  • Options
    One really annoying thing, is that when Cheetor activates his Feral buff, it doesn't show (in the AM fight). So if like me, you work on these visual queues, it is irritating. That said, his AI is reasonably predictable and his specials are easily baited and evaded, so he wasn't too bad. I killed him today, although he did take a couple of scalps.

PS. Miss you, Widow xx
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I just one shot Cheetor with the incoming +100% attack and health link active. He had 60k health and a bot rating of 14.5k pi.

He really is rather easy once you have the right approach. Widow's description on how to fight him is spot on, although I do use quite a bit of ranged on him as well.

Partly to bait him into dashing, and partly because you land them often anyway, just gotta be ready to get out of the way.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2018

Well, it just happen than Grindor would be all dead before he imply crit debuff, even if he did the buff is strong enough to still let him deal Crit hits.
    HotRod 'may' really work...Primal may survive until Cheetor gains a power bar....
    And You really want Scream,Magnus,Tron to be used against bot who is all about evading ranged attacks!?
    Hound is only good if you are lot familiar with him , otherwise it's quite easy for A.I to sidestep and counter-attack..
    For Drift, You can work good, but.. when he gains a power bar ,he becomes offensive and you can't stop him with ranged and he becomes melee evasive too!

First, Grindor S1 lands Crit debuffs as well, you don't have to get hit for it to activate. They will also activate if you BLOCK. I don't think players realize how useful blocking actually is. Learn to use it.

Scream Magnus and Megatron G1 are doable if you understand Cheetor's attack pattern, but yeah, only for the .ore advanced players out there.

Primal has the best survivability. He shuts down the Crit bonus completely. The whole point to fighting Cheetor is to AVOID getting hit when his Sig activates. Your argument there is weak. There is not bot that can withstand getting hit by Cheetor when feral strike is active. Get on your dancing shoes and run until it expires. You are basically fighting the scout version of Motormaster. Take the same approach and you will succeed.

Hound, Hit Rod and Drift are probably the best choices because of their exceptional evade control.

Drift in particular is awesome against Cheetor because you can just keep attacking him without worrying about his melee evade.

You can't just mindlessly smash Cheetor is my point, you have to go into the fight with a battle plan and know your enemy.

Refusal to adapt your fighting style will just result in losing to him like you currently are.

And yes, expanding your roster is important. That's part of the game.
  • Options
    SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    you're all talking about his crit mod but ignoring the 100% melee damage mod. last i got hit by him he was doin 3k damage per hit so combo wiped full hp with class advantage.
  • Options
    KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    put your basic primes and ratchets to rest, sure i don’t agree or like the new am changes but it’s slapping us across the face with a banner saying “learn to use new bots and change your team” r4r5 is easier now it’s not that hard to mix up your team of r5s
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Widow wrote: »

Well yesterday I played what I’m guessing is the second highest difficulty in the game, and I one shot him. So saying it can’t be done maybe isn’t the right approach. Yeah bot selection is huge here. There is ALWAYS a tactic that works. The trick is to find it. Don’t ever range attack cheetor. Act as though he has range reflect mod. Wait for him to dash, sidestep and counter immediately. Soon as he gets a bar of power, back off. It only lasts 4 seconds. That’s less dancing around than MM ripping off an unstoppable sp2 and running from him. I’m going to link a video from cheetor master spotlight. I used OG Prime, no anti evasion, no bleeds. Just appropriate fighting tactics. Hope this helps bud.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ep_8_pt0eoo

Kind of a favourable AI here though no? He barely attacked you, he just sat back and launched his specials from a mile away. Not to say that you didn't fight a good fight but you know an opponent launching specials like that doesn't always happen.
  • Options
    MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    That was a good fight. Excellent baiting, Didn't even get touched. Also I see that at all times he keeps his distance from Cheetor allowing him time to dodge any specials. He just makes it look easy but it isn't
  • Options
    I think it is great to encourage people to rank up and vary their rosters, but the problem is that even a r5 bot isn't really good enough at high level any more - it needs those high forge levels. High forge levels are expensive or time consuming, so we can't adjust over night. I think a few people will be stepping down to readjust their rosters after this AM
  • Options
    I finally joined this forum after nearly a year of lurking just to post this video on this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIikqPmbgvI
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Your welcome to check out any of my videos. I NEVER hold block. That’s a no no at high AI. It’s all about learning to bait specials when you need to. Keep the block down and walk towards him. He will rip off that sp1 9 times out of 10. Same goes for just about every bot in the game.

While that works with baiting a special, I don’t nearly get the same odds you do. Maybe 5 out of 10, possibly 6.
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited June 2018
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

Well yesterday I played what I’m guessing is the second highest difficulty in the game, and I one shot him. So saying it can’t be done maybe isn’t the right approach. Yeah bot selection is huge here. There is ALWAYS a tactic that works. The trick is to find it. Don’t ever range attack cheetor. Act as though he has range reflect mod. Wait for him to dash, sidestep and counter immediately. Soon as he gets a bar of power, back off. It only lasts 4 seconds. That’s less dancing around than MM ripping off an unstoppable sp2 and running from him. I’m going to link a video from cheetor master spotlight. I used OG Prime, no anti evasion, no bleeds. Just appropriate fighting tactics. Hope this helps bud.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ep_8_pt0eoo

Kind of a favourable AI here though no? He barely attacked you, he just sat back and launched his specials from a mile away. Not to say that you didn't fight a good fight but you know an opponent launching specials like that doesn't always happen.

That’s master spotlight bud. The AI doesn’t get any higher than that. And I’m baiting his specials constantly by walking at him and not blocking. Every move I make has a rhyme or reason. Every single fight I have against cheetor goes like this. Bait the sp1 as soon as the feral strike buff pops up. He can’t be aggressive if he’s wasting his 4 seconds ripping off a special that is crazy easy to evade.

Do you know how many times I've walked at an opponent and not blocked and danced around forever waiting for a special and it hasn't worked. It doesn't always work the way it worked for you. You did very well though, don't get me wrong.