Cheetor sig ability bug?

Let me start by saying I LOVE this bot. But I have a concern with his sig ability. It states that it will suppress all abilities while th buff is up. I’m going to attach a short clip where I was fighting barricade. I activated my sp1 the second I got it, and when barricade popped back up, both his evasion buff and crit buff still popped up. Now this raises a few questions for me. I realize barricade evade isn’t listed under his actual ability section, however the crit buff is. What does this feral buff actually stop? Does it have to be listed under the ability section of a bot? Does it work against signature abilities? Is the ability icon still supposed to pop up when feral evade is active? Just a lot of questions, I feel like this might not be working the way it was intended.

Comments

• WidowWidow Posts: 122
    Sorry, video got deleted. Here’s a screen shot showing both barricades buffs active at the same time as the feral strike buff is up. 8jdq8mfgu53s.png
  • GojuanesGojuanes Posts: 31
    Widow wrote: »
    Sorry, video got deleted. Here’s a screen shot showing both barricades buffs active at the same time as the feral strike buff is up. 8jdq8mfgu53s.png

Hey Widow,.. Did Barricade evade you or crit you while your feral strike was still on?

The reason I ask,.. it is because in my experience with Cheetor, when Feral strike is on ,.. the opponent's buffs/abilities icons still show on the screen but they are not actually active (just the display).

For example in your case,.. Barricade will not evade or crit you during your feral strike even though the icon shows on its screen.

I have seen this in several of my fights including Barricade.
    Gojuanes wrote: »
    Widow wrote: »

Hey Widow,.. Did Barricade evade you or crit you while your feral strike was still on?

The reason I ask,.. it is because in my experience with Cheetor, when Feral strike is on ,.. the opponent's buffs/abilities icons still show on the screen but they are not actually active (just the display).

For example in your case,.. Barricade will not evade or crit you during your feral strike even though the icon shows on its screen.

I have seen this in several of my fights including Barricade.

He didn’t hit me so I don’t know if he crit or not. He did evade a range attack though. And historically when a bot suppresses an ability, the buff icon never pops up. Just like the suppression mastery. When MT doesn’t regen..... the icon never shows up. When you nullify a buff the icon goes away. I don’t believe these abilities are being suppressed because of the badge icon. That’s not how it usually works.
  • Hey Commanders,
    Good work for noticing this.

This happens because Barricade's ability actually occurs from the trigger of "Knocked Down", meaning the ability actually activates as he falls to a prone position, not when "Hit". Ultimately it is Barricade's dislike for being knocked down that makes him a slippery foe.

This is a pretty pedantic differentiation but there may be abilities in the future that cause Knockdown without actually registering as a Hit, those abilities will trigger Barricade's abilities too.

We'll keep an eye on this interaction though, thanks for bringing this up! I hope Cheetor still shines for you.

- Concord
  • kranderskranders Posts: 304
    Hey Commanders,

This happens because Barricade's ability actually occurs from the trigger of "Knocked Down", meaning the ability actually activates as he falls to a prone position, not when "Hit". Ultimately it is Barricade's dislike for being knocked down that makes him a slippery foe.

This is a pretty pedantic differentiation but there may be abilities in the future that cause Knockdown without actually registering as a Hit, those abilities will trigger Barricade's abilities too.

We'll keep an eye on this interaction though, thanks for bringing this up! I hope Cheetor still shines for you.

- Concord

@Kabam Concord it would be great to have more clarification in descriptions or if a list is published with some of this info. I gathered that is how it worked buts it not worded to say that it only prevents buffs trigger by hits.

In a similar way it took a while to figure out blaster could go through basic ranged while his shield is up because the description wasn’t completely clear.
    kranders wrote: »
    Hey Commanders,

- Concord

@Kabam Concord it would be great to have more clarification in descriptions or if a list is published with some of this info. I gathered that is how it worked buts it not worded to say that it only prevents buffs trigger by hits.

In a similar way it took a while to figure out blaster could go through basic ranged while his shield is up because the description wasn’t completely clear.

Agreed. I hit him after I gained my power bar and feral strike was already active. The hit doesn’t trigger it. Gaining a bar of power does according to description
    edited June 4
    Hey Commanders,

- Concord

Thank you you very much for the timely response though. Very much appreciated.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 274
    @Widow ,that shouldn't bother, much as Feral strike will still ignore his evade and He will also evade barricade's melee attack and for ranged ones........
    I shouldn't say anything, you know very well.
    @Widow ,that shouldn't bother, much as Feral strike will still ignore his evade and He will also evade barricade's melee attack and for ranged ones........
    I shouldn't say anything, you know very well.

No worries bro. Only reason I asked was for verification and I got it. I’m a happy camper