Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Please explain

Every once in a while there are some things that happen while playing the game that I am ok with even though they don’t make sense. Lately though I’ve been playing with Primal and I’ve noticed that his heavy against Bone Crusher triggers the bleed affect. Why?

Comments

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Because although it has a range, the damage is counted as melee. It triggers Rhinox's shield shock too, and was explained when someone queried that
  • You may next ask yourself why. And the answer is, because...reasons...
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    I guess it is physical ranged attack
    @Kabam Vydious please enlighten us!
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    @Kabam Vydious please enlighten us!

They don't need to enlighten us. It's been explained at least 3 times now. By both mods and players in various threads.

It's a ranged melee attack.
    It's confusing, ranged melee, later you'll say some attack both physical and energy, special attack is basic attack
    It's confusing, ranged melee, later you'll say some attack both physical and energy, special attack is basic attack

It's not confusing, you're just being difficult.

It's a ranged attack that does melee damage. There's lots of real world weapons that are like that.

Bullwhips, rope darts, polearms, boomerangs, to name a few.

You asked for an explanation, and now I've given you one. Twice.

I didn't make it up, that's what it is. Don't get upset about it, I'm sharing the knowledge and I couldn't care less if you don't like the explanation. It's a ranged melee attack.
    By melee you mean physical...
    Melee means weapons in hand.. Ranged mean one that is shot or thrown.
    Drift swords are melee physical, his ranged are ranged physical not ranged melee..
    Similiarly MAGNUS sp1 sends a SHOCKWAVE of rocks which are physical But ranged.. Same for primal heavy.
    Understand and differentiate melee and ranged, physical and energy.
    @Manthro
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Oh boy ... here we go :#
    edited June 2018
    Drift swords are melee physical, his ranged are ranged physical not ranged melee..
    Similiarly MAGNUS sp1 sends a SHOCKWAVE of rocks which are physical But ranged.. Same for primal heavy.
    @Manthro

No. By melee I mean melee.

It doesn't follow the rules of physics, or the literal definition of the word melee. This is a video game.

It's a ranged melee attack. Yes, it's also physical damage, but the hit itself is considered a melee attack. That's why it triggers bleed on BC. That's why it triggers shock on Rhinox shields. That's also why it stops power gain mods that require a melee attack every 6 seconds.

It's also why it benefits from the melee buff you get when you throw a heavy attack and convert your armour buffs to melee buffs, because It's not an attack buff that you get, it's a melee buff.

I'm guessing you still don't believe me even after all that.

I completely understand Primals heavy attack as it pertains to the game.

You do not. Unfortunately you are the one that can't make the distinction between ranged, melee, physical and energy attacks.

It's a ranged melee attack and it does physical damage. That's how it was coded by the dev team.

Don't worry. I'll keep repeating every time you refuse to accept it until you give up, because that's what it is. A ranged melee attack.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    edited June 2018
    A melee is a noisy confusing fight between the people in a crowd.
    Not a dime says physical, nor that it should be in close range.
    If you go pedantic.
    Manthro wrote: »
    @Manthro

No. By melee I mean melee.

It doesn't follow the rules of physics, or the literal definition of the word melee. This is a video game.

It's a ranged melee attack. Yes, it's also physical damage, but the hit itself is considered a melee attack. That's why it triggers bleed on BC. That's why it triggers shock on Rhinox shields. That's also why it stops power gain mods that require a melee attack every 6 seconds.

It's also why it benefits from the melee buff you get when you throw a heavy attack and convert your armour buffs to melee buffs, because It's not an attack buff that you get, it's a melee buff.

I'm guessing you still don't believe me even after all that.

I completely understand Primals heavy attack as it pertains to the game.

You do not. Unfortunately you are the one that can't make the distinction between ranged, melee, physical and energy attacks.

It's a ranged melee attack and it does physical damage. That's how it was coded by the dev team.

Don't worry. I'll keep repeating every time you refuse to accept it until you give up, because that's what it is. A ranged melee attack.

If it benefits me, I'm ready to believe!
  • AresAres Posts: 38
    If it’s like you gouts explain then extending it to go the distance of the screen wasn’t a smart choice to me. I felt they should have kept it short in the first place thought it made him more unique. So it’s a melee range ok” so can someone tell me why Dinobot who never touches his opponent other than his heavy and special 3 triggers Bonecrushers bleed as well.
    Ares wrote: »
    If it’s like you gouts explain then extending it to go the distance of the screen wasn’t a smart choice to me. I felt they should have kept it short in the first place thought it made him more unique. So it’s a melee range ok” so can someone tell me why Dinobot who never touches his opponent other than his heavy and special 3 triggers Bonecrushers bleed as well.

Because his basic sword attacks are melee melee
    Swords held in hands are melee and there's no confusion in this like Primal
  • Hey Guys!
    That is correct! The damage is counted as a melee attack and that is why it triggers the bleed effect. Good job explaining this, everyone. I hope this helps with the confusion.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Hey Guys!
    That is correct! The damage is counted as a melee attack and that is why it triggers the bleed effect. Good job explaining this, everyone. I hope this helps with the confusion.

Spicer said melee! Lol manthro was right
    edited June 2018
    Hey Guys!

Of course, the next question will be "then why is it affected by EMI??"

Because, it's a ranged melee attack. The hit is melee, the attack itself is ranged.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Manthro wrote: »
    Hey Guys!

Because, it's a ranged melee attack. The hit is melee, the attack itself is ranged.

Yeah, so you get to enjoy the ranged evade (Arcee, Windblade heavy, Mirage heavy) and the melee damage (Rhinox shield, Bonecrusher bleed). Well, at least it stops power gain or repair from mods.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Ranged melee...just...that's not how you use words. Unless you're being oxymoronic I guess.
    Yeah it can be confusing, but putting in awkward categories like this actually gives Kabam more freedom in designing bot abilities and the interactions between them. Past a certain point, don't worry about if it makes sense, just accept that it works that way and your life gets, if not easier, at least a bit less cluttered with seemingly random nonsense.
  • AresAres Posts: 38

Spicer said melee! Lol manthro was right[/quote]

Because, it's a ranged melee attack. The hit is melee, the attack itself is ranged.[/quote]

Actually the next question is, why does Bonecrusher cause bleed only when hit and with his heavy attack. I feel that at least in the end of the medium or heavy combo he should be able to cause a bleed, especially when his critical rate is activated.
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    Bc causes bleed anytime his rake comes over his head and hits thebopponent or when the opponent hits him.... as a general rule anyway....

Primals heavy technically is a physical attack because it is physically lifting the ground up to hit the oppnonent.... therefore it is a melee attack.... there are some others that that are considered ranged attacks when evaded (windblade’s heavy) but are also considered melee when on certain mods.... it all boils down to playing with the bots enough and realizing this is a game and rules of life dont and wont always apply
    edited June 2018
    CandKane wrote: »
    Ranged melee...just...that's not how you use words. Unless you're being oxymoronic I guess.
    Yeah it can be confusing, but putting in awkward categories like this actually gives Kabam more freedom in designing bot abilities and the interactions between them. Past a certain point, don't worry about if it makes sense, just accept that it works that way and your life gets, if not easier, at least a bit less cluttered with seemingly random nonsense.

Look... There is literally no other way to classify Primals attack based on the categories in the game.

It is affected by range debuffs and melee buffs.

It triggers defensive abilities that activate from a melee attack, yet can also be evaded as a ranged attack.

Don't blame me, lol... I'm just talking about the exact mechanics from the game perspective. It isn't necessarily going to be logical.

That's how they coded it, so that's how it must be described. Ranged melee. Lol
    edited June 2018
    Ares wrote: »
    Manthro wrote:

Actually the next question is, why does Bonecrusher cause bleed only when hit and with his heavy attack. I feel that at least in the end of the medium or heavy combo he should be able to cause a bleed, especially when his critical rate is activated.

So, you want to buff A bot who already gives a lot of pain of you don't have a brawler.
    And what is Prowl's SP2? A melee ranged?
    Y2K wrote: »

It's a simple ranged ranged
    Prowl Special 2 Attack is what call a "ShockWave Attack". It's A ranged attack which a shockwave of air is sent, I guess

If it's ranged then it should be sidestepped.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779

If it's ranged then it should be sidestepped.

Why? It's a shotgun - shotguns have wide range limited distance