Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Map 5 boss trend

CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
Okay, so after running Map 5 in the expert spotlight I just needed to say this:
Why?
Last month, you gave us a Waspinator with ranged buffs as well as an Energon Shield. Thing is, the AI knew it, and started the fight in a berserker rage that murdered anything foolish enough to get in his way. Dodging was a nice strategy, until you realize that, like every other high PI opponent, Wasp can move faster than you and can literally attack non-stop if he wants to, with no start-up or cool-down animation. Oh yeah, and if you somehow get him below half health, his attacks become about as avoidable as Prowl's S2, and slightly more damaging.
Fast forward to this month. Megatron. I was doing okay, dodging his unbroken blizzard of unblockable basic attacks (because again, the AI knows what mods it has) when suddenly, in the middle of me sidestepping a dash-in, he turns and heavies me from point blank without breaking stride, insta-killing Prowl and setting off a long string of "Game Over".
Giving the bosses laughably broken abilities? Fine, I get it, make each fight a puzzle to solve, since most abilities have a way to work around them. But the AI is simply saying "You Lose" and throwing moves that we can't, that the game is (at least from our end) hard-coded to prevent, and it simply becomes fake difficulty. I won't be playing past Map 4 on Expert anymore, because while I can 100% the first two sections, the boss of Map 5 can simply shift into a new gear and one-shot maxed R4 class advantaged bots whenever it wants, and I would much rather spend my money on more enjoyable experiences, like pouring lemon juice on a gash in my arm.
Please please PLEASE fix the broken AI.
Tagged:

Comments

• Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited June 2018
    Lol, I just faced him for the first time today and I know what you mean. He combos you and you're like okay I'm going to "revenge" him now....NOPE instant heavy you must eat.

But the next time around I actually did manage to take him down with two R4 bots...Bludgeon pretty much did all the work. I have no clue what I did other than at a certain I kind of got peeved and pretty much went all out attack, hacking and hacking, giving Megatron no chance to react and it worked. I have no clue how Bludgeon survived the fight...I guess I lucked out and didn't get hit when Megatron's ranged buff was on.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    #milkthewhales
    either kabaam are stupid to not test it
    or they know what they’re doing and like it that way so they can get more money from those who want to complete it
    im going with the second option
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    It's hard but you know the current Spotlight is relatively toned down overall in difficulty. Megatron already loves his fully charged canon. Stagger only encourages him to use it more, in a unpredictable fasion. Adding unblockable to his basic attacks and reflection, I'm afraid many of our vanilla tactics are barred: don't shoot, don't do melee heavy, don't do 5-combo without special cancel... now dance around for a blind dash-in window.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Yeah you're not gonna get a response. Every month unhappy players complain about the God-like abilities and how they're just not fun. This month is no different. I went so far as to send in a ticket for the green shark letting ranged and melee pass right through him and they asked for screenshots....
    Screenshots....that's the best cookie cutter response you'll get.
    They'll keep doing it until every last player quits.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited June 2018
    Barricade did somewhat good, shoot a heavy, hit yourself and evade the blockable basic and staging heavies and unleash crits
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    I have found the best bot for me to use against og megs is og prime.....i can actually string a combo together and then hit a heavy and come back up and start smashing megs with another combo after countering his heavy with either a mdium attack or a ranged shot!

the ai does seem to be able to recover from being knocked down or whatever much more quickly than our bots do.... i have had opponents flat on there back stand up and go immediate into aa heavy or special attack before they are even fully back on their feet, but our bots have to stand up and recover from being knocked down, and i am not even talking about the stagger mod or whatever that heavies have different effects on our bots, those are just an added frustration when you miss an evade on a heavy!!
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    If he backsteps your heavy, that's three swift & unblockable ranged shots nailed, taking 1/3 of your lifebar.
  • TKOTKO Posts: 246
    I also noticed that AI can block whenever they want and I have tested it on my own bots with sidestepping and then blocking or shooting and then blocking and you can see the delay before your bot actually decides to block. However, the AI has no delay. Its almost as if they are continuously blocking regardless of anything else they are doing.
  • WolfmillsWolfmills Posts: 466
    Overall i think this month has been the most finely tuned spotlight to date as far as balancing the bosses, the final boss, for me, has been the hardest.... as it should be!
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    i don't mean to be rude, maybe this is just a frustrated post. but when people say the ai does stuff we can't its just silly and completely newb talk.
    work on your timing and deepen your understanding of the fight mechanics, you'll be alright...
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Jazz on 3.2 is a lot easier than OG MT on 3.1. But neither are crazy/ insane like Cheetor last month.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    i dunno og is kinda similar to cheetor, can kill you with a single heavy when his ranged buff is on. but cheetor wasnt hard. just dont get hit and call it a day.
    Sabugen wrote: »
    i dunno og is kinda similar to cheetor, can kill you with a single heavy when his ranged buff is on. but cheetor wasnt hard. just dont get hit and call it a day.

How can you avoid hit, when can't stopped from dashing and heavy, with feral strike you can't stop him by melee attacks
    edited June 2018
    That's why I like Rhinox, you just can't one shot when sheilded
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    edited June 2018
    How can you avoid hit, when can't stopped from dashing and heavy, with feral strike you can't stop him by melee attacks

You can actually. My alliance mates have shared plenty of videos of perfect fights against Cheetor in master spotlight last month and the new AM map 3.

Maybe one day you’ll get good and understand how to dodge.
    Faithz17 wrote: »

You can actually. My alliance mates have shared plenty of videos of perfect fights against Cheetor in master spotlight last month and the new AM map 3.

Maybe one day you’ll get good and understand how to dodge.

Wish the day to come fast!
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Just did the high PI lane and beat Megatron in expert - not sure what the problem is? Seems relatively straight forward to me, like fighting Shockwave mini in the old AM map
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Just did the high PI lane and beat Megatron in expert - not sure what the problem is? Seems relatively straight forward to me, like fighting Shockwave mini in the old AM map

Did you already try megatron in master?
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited June 2018
    DonApis wrote: »

Not yet, think he will need a revive though based on what I've seen.

Given that the initial gripe references Expert specifically, I am addressing that
  • UrAverageMalakaUrAverageMalaka Posts: 664
    edited June 2018
    DonApis wrote: »

Megatron in master wasn’t that bad (took easy path though). He took my first 3 bots straight away because I didn’t know what to expect but when I used G1 Prime, i easily beat him. My bots were a R5 Ih and the rest were all r4’s. If you are having trouble, just let him rush at you and counter it
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Sabugen wrote: »
    i don't mean to be rude, maybe this is just a frustrated post. but when people say the ai does stuff we can't its just silly and completely newb talk.
    work on your timing and deepen your understanding of the fight mechanics, you'll be alright...

Pay attention to frame-by-frame, it's honestly insultingly easy to spot that the AI moves faster and can "cancel" into and out of moves as though it's playing Street Fighter or something.
    That being said, yeah it was partially a frustrated post because I'm bouncing along, 100% clearing maps 1-4, then the boss of Map 5 simply says, "YOU LOSE".
  • Hey everyone -

Thanks for your feedback on this. I can see where the frustration is coming from and I appreciate the trend of trying to keep this constructive. We'll be sharing this with the rest of the team to ensure they hear what y'all have been saying.
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    Pertaining to chapter 5 yeah there has always been an uptick in difficulty facing that boss.

However, It’s not for all players I have never had an issue with Master or Expert. Yes I have better bots than most but I finished while in AM with one R5 and 4 r4s