Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

1200 energon for T3c and 20 gold crystals

Yay or nah?

1200 energon for T3c and 20 gold crystals 31 votes

Yay
83%
ManthroMegaKuppCakeseeker1321OP7842ReworkInsanecloudSparkShredderAnakinPrimeJmdDaveJLBobnfloydBiomechronPurpleMamba82SkBirdmanBlack_ThoughtBulma2013VavatronRed_EyesJameybotY2K 26 votes
Nah
16%
Bumblebeemassimo51Austin555555Bodyopus79StealthIsDeWae 5 votes
Tagged:

Comments

• SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Yay
    But I have no energon to get that!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AnakinPrimeAnakinPrime Posts: 229
    Yay
    Definitely yes!
  • OP7842OP7842 Posts: 46
    Yay
    Would have jumped on it, but spent all my energon on Jazz crystals.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    It’s a good deal compared to previous deals. If I need T3Cs I would jump on it.
  • massimo51massimo51 Posts: 88
    Nah
    Converted to the cash equivalent. It’s near equal.

$40 to $45 USD if you purchase that amount of energon vs the cash purchase deals which are $50 USD and keep in mind it will be a random class u get. The last cash purchase $50 offer let u select which class u wanted.

So while the majority said yay, im gonna go with nah after that comparison. And the average gold yielded from those crystals is comparable to a days worth of arena crystals, so still nah.
  • Y2KY2K Posts: 252
    Yay
    But it's the only viable option for us f2p guys to get an straight T3C. Compared to former deals (4000 energons coated in 3 incremental offers), this one is the cheapest.
  • massimo51massimo51 Posts: 88
    edited June 2018
    Nah
    DaveJL wrote: »
    You're a bit slow if you think energon is worth the cash equivalent in this instance. Energon can be accrued for free just by playing and cannot be spent on anything else in the real world. The cash required to buy the equivalent amount of energon is much more "valuable" given that it isn't virtual.

There will be plenty of f2p players that have that energon saved up who will really benefit from that deal.

You’re slower yet if u are unable do simple math. If someone doesn’t have the energon and decides to buy the energon to then purchase the deal, that is what it converts to. 2 + 2 does equal 4. Try it on a calculator if u r uncertain. Just because u specifically choose to collect it for free over time doesn’t mean it cant be bought at a specified dollar value. Dont be daft or troll just because u dont buy energon. The conversion is time vs money. For some people, the time is worth more than the money, obviously yours isn’t.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 783
    Nah
    That’s around $45-$50 dollars. There was a deal for 2 T3 class sparks for $50. The cost of the bundle should be lowered to around 800-900 energon cubes
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    There were 20 gold crystals which are supposedly 20 each = 400 energon. 1200 - 400 = 800 energon for T3C. A lot better than the previous bundle energon deals.

Having said that, I don’t really need to R5 anything at the moment so I’m probably not getting it. If I have anything less than 2 R5s, I would probably go for it.
  • good deal!
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    Any deal that can give f2p players a reasonable price for a high end item is a good deal in my book.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Yay
    massimo51 wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    You're a bit slow if you think energon is worth the cash equivalent in this instance. Energon can be accrued for free just by playing and cannot be spent on anything else in the real world. The cash required to buy the equivalent amount of energon is much more "valuable" given that it isn't virtual.

There will be plenty of f2p players that have that energon saved up who will really benefit from that deal.

You’re slower yet if u are unable do simple math. If someone doesn’t have the energon and decides to buy the energon to then purchase the deal, that is what it converts to. 2 + 2 does equal 4. Try it on a calculator if u r uncertain. Just because u specifically choose to collect it for free over time doesn’t mean it cant be bought at a specified dollar value. Dont be daft or troll just because u dont buy energon. The conversion is time vs money. For some people, the time is worth more than the money, obviously yours isn’t.

IF you have to buy energon. However, even if you have none, it doesn't mean that it is worth the same in cash value. You can get it for free by swapping time. The only way that time is worth money is if you are actively playing the game instead of making money. It's a game, you should be playing for fun. Generally people
    play it in their leisure time, so really that time isn't worth money.

If you want the energon instantly and you don't save it then yes it will cost money. If you don't keep energon saved though, then more fool you.

FYI I'm a spender, just like you are, but I can see that they absolutely cannot offer a deal for in game currency that can be accrued for free, at the same value as something you would have to spend actual money on. If you save up 3,100 energon it is still absolutely worthless outside of the game. Could save 10,000 energon - it's worthless. So yes, deals for energon have to be more "expensive" than the cash equivalent. Chances are, very few people will need to buy the full amount of energon anyway, so yeah if you do your math based on the assumption that people have 0 energon and that energon is worth the same value as the cash required to buy it, you're entirely correct. Your assumptions, however, are either incorrect or apply to a minority. Your inability to see past your own circumstances and see a much bigger picture are clouding your judgement.
  • Hey folks.

We're getting a little close to personal attacks here. Keep it civil, stay on topic, be nice.