Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Please explain

13»

Comments

• Username619272981Username619272981 Posts: 138
    edited June 2018
    Ok my meme got deleted by Mods. Allow me to offer one of my many problems with abilities descriptions:

All Attacks:
    "Megatron inflicts an Impair Charge. Impair Charges power-up Megatron’s Tank Cannon, used during Heavy Attacks and Special Attack 3."

Barricade:
    Ranged Attacks: 20% to inflict Backfire for 6 seconds.

Both descriptions failed to mention how block will be a factor for applying these debuffs and yet it matters

Could go on to offer more but seems the "Community" dont like "criticism".
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    @Y2K Bludgeon’s sp1 is definitely avoidable with backsteps against the wall. I’ve done it myself but usually I block to take out some risk. You can practice the timing of it when you actually have space and time your backsteps with each of his spins.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Ok my meme got deleted by Mods. Allow me to offer one of my many problems with abilities descriptions:

All Attacks:
    "Megatron inflicts an Impair Charge. Impair Charges power-up Megatron’s Tank Cannon, used during Heavy Attacks and Special Attack 3."

Barricade:
    Ranged Attacks: 20% to inflict Backfire for 6 seconds.

Both descriptions failed to mention how block will be a factor for applying these debuffs and yet it matters

Could go on to offer more but seems the "Community" dont like "criticism".

Impair charges don't activate through blocks.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Manthro wrote: »
    DaveJL wrote: »
    The flame part of Grimlocks sp1 as far as I know, cannot be dodged if you are against the wall. I'm not sure about Bludgeons sp1 against the wall either - I don't think the recovery from the first backstep is quick enough to allow another before you get hit. Primals sp2 can be dodged against the wall I believe. Sp2 of hounds is all sidesteps, so can be evaded against the wall.

I thought for a long time that Grimlock s1 flame breath was unavoidable against the wall. Then, I managed to do it. The timing is VERY different against this one when you are pinned.

Very similar to how you have to backstep "late" against consecutive sword swings by Motormaster, or get chopped down. Or even how you have to delay the sidestep against Mix s2 landmine. Backstep the headbutt, then let him breathe fire for a split second before actually backstepping again.

Having said that, it is not easy to time dodging Grimlock s1 when you are pinned. Even if you time the backstep for the fire properly, you should backstep twice to ensure the attack passes you by completely.

I practice this stuff in arenas as much as possible, where making a mistake isn't as costly.

Yeah I've been trying - just can't do it at all. Will persevere. Send me a vid on LINE
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited June 2018
    DaveJL wrote: »
    I actively bait out Prowls sp2 because it is so easy to dodge lmao. It's just a back dash and another back dash...
    Hmmm. I dunno how you guys do it. Ive fought him and tried to backstep, and he still hit me. I dunno, i guess like i said, you gotta have perfect timing. I mean, practice makes perfect, right??

Perfect timing is... Look at his gun exactly when he shoots, dash back,, not before not after

Thx @SparkShredder I didnt realize you had to backstep at the EXACT moment he fires his gun. Ill be sure to get some practice in the next time i see Prowl. He wont get so lucky next time >:)

I too,,, many times I avoided first hit,,,, but mostly second hit becomes harder,, because finger just get excited to swipe again.
    So I dash back before he shoots and get caught.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Better idea! Why dont yall go fight ultra Magnus to figure it out?
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Better idea! Why dont yall go fight ultra Magnus to figure it out?

Well, my top bot is r5 wasp.... So B)
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    So guys,

Everything you guys have said here is correct. Primal's Heavy Attack is a ranged attack that does Melee damage. That being said, we're looking into this. It might not be possible, due to how our system works, but we're going to look into keeping it Melee/Ranged, and see if we can make it not trigger Bone Crusher's bleed.

Same thing happens with Primal's heavy and Rhinox's shock.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Y2K wrote: »
    Y2K wrote: »
    And what is Prowl's SP2? A melee ranged?

It's a simple ranged ranged

If it's ranged then it should be sidestepped.

I know you can sidestep the last shot of bludgeons special 2, which is the exact same things as prowls special 2. My guess is if your up close you can sidestep it. Though you need really good timing.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    It’s got to be a perfectly timed back step, not sidestep. Bludgeons is easier since you’ve got the build up to the shot, but prowl’s is harder. I usually block the first shot, then back step the second.

It must be EXACT moment of the shot that you backstep, or you’ll get hit. Just practise and you’ll get the hang of it in no time