Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Blas

I like Blaster’s style so I went ahead and took him to r5 max forge. I’ve been playing him extensively in Master and Sparkticons AMs and I think he needs a little work to improve his viability. Blaster doesn’t hit that hard until you ramp up which is fine however he falls behind too significantly if his power gain doesn’t activate. He also doesn’t get enough out of his sig against high level enemies because the chance to activate is a bit low.

I think there are multiple ways to improve both either utilizing his buffs or debuffs. My first thought was to add to the chance to power gain based on the amp charges but that could be abused by enemy AI.

Therefor I’d say a simple solution that could help him is to add percentage based on the number of interference charges. Say making his s1 increase power gain chance by 5% per charge (and has to connect) so then you’d work with a 60 to 75% chance. That could also work in conjunction with his shield either increasing the chance or the healing based on interference charges. The enemy AI could still benefit but that would be based on you being hit by ranged which can be more fair. This keeps the focus on maintaining interference.

I don’t think he needs significant changes but a little tweaking will help out a lot.

Also he desperately needs better synergies. The armor for Magnus and Arcee is as old as it comes. The synergies should really help make a team more unique.

I would love to see something like the Starscream/RJ for ranged damage. Or a new unique synergy with Jazz that provides a shield to allies reducing enemy crit chance/damage or absorbs a single hit with a cool down like Rhinox. There have been some great new synergies but his are awful.

It’s been a long time since some bot balancing and some really need it to be viable these days.

Comments

• SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    You have interference,, that matters most while Fighting demos and ranged dominant opponent, to his damage output is not bad. Do sp1 twice or thrice(you might also get power gain, to quickly launch other) , then save for sp2
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Not again, remember what happened to UM? :s

Blaster is a real pain in AMs already, he’s more than balanced.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    JKL wrote: »
    Not again, remember what happened to UM? :s

Blaster is a real pain in AMs already, he’s more than balanced.

And they rebalanced UM almost immediately. The enemy balance can be offset in different ways.

Frankly unless your playing at the same levels the argument is moot. Half the bots in the game aren’t balanced to be viable.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Should they change how you can still get tagged with interference even if you sidestep a Blaster ranged attack for this?
    kranders wrote: »
    And they rebalanced UM almost immediately. The enemy balance can be offset in different ways.

Frankly unless your playing at the same levels the argument is moot. Half the bots in the game aren’t balanced to be viable.

What does levels matter? How about we don’t go there? Blaster is hard at all levels with his constant power gain and unblockable sp2 (in AMs). Sixty percent is pretty high already.

His main skills are that interference anyways to help you not get hit by ranges. Reducing chances of getting hit by ranges reduces chances of melee hits/combos.

I think he’s strong already with his ability to power up with those amp charges. It not only helps his specials but also his heavies which deal shock.

I agree with you he could use work in the synergy department. This could make him stronger to use without making him stronger to face off against.

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779

What does levels matter? How about we don’t go there? Blaster is hard at all levels with his constant power gain and unblockable sp2 (in AMs). Sixty percent is pretty high already.

His main skills are that interference anyways to help you not get hit by ranges. Reducing chances of getting hit by ranges reduces chances of melee hits/combos.

I think he’s strong already with his ability to power up with those amp charges. It not only helps his specials but also his heavies which deal shock.

I agree with you he could use work in the synergy department. This could make him stronger to use without making him stronger to face off against.

Difficulty level counts for a lot - you might think Blaster is powerful but when you have him r5 maxed inc. forge, that is his maximum potential. The enemies get harder and harder and that is when you find a bot's limits. If you play at a low enough level, then you're probably not playing to the maximum capability of the bot. Galvatron is another good example - he is really good when the enemy isn't strong enough to do significant damage when charging, but as the enemies get harder and your Galvatron can't get any better, you lose the ability to charge, thus losing his effectiveness.

Same for Blaster - his regen off ranged shots and damage reduction is dandy if it's a low enough level to not notice, but there is a huge and noticeable difference between shaving off 20% of 100 and 20% of 1000 - it gets to the point you have to dodge rather than utilise his ability.

• Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Doesn’t @JKL play at a higher level than anyone else anyway?? *scratch head*
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    So at a high enough level only the bots with no-brainer workflow shine. All those require a second layer of game planning (especially those blocking happy guys like Galvatron, Shockwave, Ultra Magnus, Blaster or... Primal?) will have problem exploring their abilities.
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    Doesn’t @JKL play at a higher level than anyone else anyway?? *scratch head*

if he is in Førge then yes, but Kranders is in Sparkticons and so was I, which is still really hard - the PI of bots in AM is huge.

Basically, bots with high base stats and abilities that activate through the normal course of play are the ones that I think do better at higher levels, as well as those without damage mitigating sig abilities.
    Yeah, my forum name is different than my in-game but that shouldn’t matter that much.

Obviously we’re looking at it from two different perspectives. Who doesn’t want buffs for bots they use? I’m usually looking at it from what we would have to deal with in AMs/spotlights. Since we get to pick the bots we want to bring to AMs, if a bot isn’t good enough we have plenty of options to go with. However, we don’t get to decide who we have to face. Blaster is already one of the toughest to deal with on the map. Let’s not make him even harder.

I don’t think Blaster’s sig is his selling point anyways. As I said before, it’s his interference and ability to slow down a fight. AMs is all about surviability and taking as little hits as you can over the course of the map. I haven’t taken Blaster to AMs but I’ve used him plenty in spotlights. He seems to get the job done and get those charges up, he does good damage. He would be way down on my list for bots that need a buff (*ahem* Hound).
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    While we're talking about buffs rat can sure use one or atleast give him a attack synergie from someone. The only bot that gives him a attack synergie is tact Bee but his 4* version is not released. qx2mkvolejiq.gif
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    I think they can find ways to buff bots without making them overpowered as defenders. It did take them 2 tries, but they ended up finding a good balance with UM.

I think Kranders has a good point about synergies. Adding more synergy potential to some bots is a great way to “buff” them without making the AI overpowered.
    Yeah, my forum name is different than my in-game but that shouldn’t matter that much.

Obviously we’re looking at it from two different perspectives. Who doesn’t want buffs for bots they use? I’m usually looking at it from what we would have to deal with in AMs/spotlights. Since we get to pick the bots we want to bring to AMs, if a bot isn’t good enough we have plenty of options to go with. However, we don’t get to decide who we have to face. Blaster is already one of the toughest to deal with on the map. Let’s not make him even harder.

I don’t think Blaster’s sig is his selling point anyways. As I said before, it’s his interference and ability to slow down a fight. AMs is all about surviability and taking as little hits as you can over the course of the map. I haven’t taken Blaster to AMs but I’ve used him plenty in spotlights. He seems to get the job done and get those charges up, he does good damage. He would be way down on my list for bots that need a buff (*ahem* Hound).

What would you have done to Hound? I think his crit resistance debuff needs to be more reliable or last longer, personally, but that's all

Yeah but have you been using him in AM? I’ve use Blster the last two weeks and I agree that interference is his focus but he doesn’t do a lot of damage until he is ramped up and if his power gain doesn’t trigger the first or second use then he falls way behind. All I did was suggest adding a small percentage to the power gain based on landing interference. If you’re avoiding the enemy interference it makes no difference for the AI. I don’t have much trouble fighting him as I take him on both section 2 and 3 regularly.

I’m well aware of the danger buffs have on the enemy AI but really don’t think this does much.

And really he could be adjusted with synergies. They phoned his in.
    Well, if they go with your suggestion, I hope they fix the bug where you get hit with interference even though you dodge the range.

Synergies approach is still where I think he could be best adjusted.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    I’m really liking using Blaster so far and considering R5-ing him for AM. What lanes do you use him on in AM?
    I'm guessing his strengths would lie in 1.3 and 3.4
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    There are a lot of demos in the second section, far left lane. Then I wonder if you could take him on the shock block path in the last section.
    Well I was trying on the ranged speed lanes and he helps but still tricky because it still does so much damage to blocks. I think his hit box is off because I seem to whiff on a lot more first light hits than others.

I’d just like to see other bots made viable because it’s getting boring just switching back to Mirage. Blaster is fun to play but Mirage and rhinox shields can absorb more and both have great utility too so it’s tough to push through with him. Also when talking about block mechanics, nothing beats Shock’s ability to eat two ranged. That’s why I keep saying block focused bots need some work. Will keep trying though.

Kabam really needs to update some synergies or get some more customization in masteries.
    Well I was trying on the ranged speed lanes and he helps but still tricky because it still does so much damage to blocks. I think his hit box is off because I seem to whiff on a lot more first light hits than others.

I’d just like to see other bots made viable because it’s getting boring just switching back to Mirage. Blaster is fun to play but Mirage and rhinox shields can absorb more and both have great utility too so it’s tough to push through with him. Also when talking about block mechanics, nothing beats Shock’s ability to eat two ranged. That’s why I keep saying block focused bots need some work. Will keep trying though.

Kabam really needs to update some synergies or get some more customization in masteries.

Shockwave can take 3 ranged - he takes damage when he has 3 stacks
    Other tech are about reduced damge OR heal it...
    Blaster and SoundWave are all about avoiding Attaxks

Not sure how that is true when Blasters sig is a blocking heal. The problem, as mentioned several times, is the scaling.

Also I would argue the same with Soundwave. The idea would be to use his shield to reflect damage which is why it’s multiple is over 100%. Not avoid. The reason you have to avoid is the scaling when facing double or triple Pi.
    DaveJL wrote: »

You would know! For some reason I thought he took damage from that third block.
    DaveJL wrote: »

You would know! For some reason I thought he took damage from that third block.

Lol yeah, I'm slowly turning in Shockwave I think...

Not sure how that is true when Blasters sig is a blocking heal. The problem, as mentioned several times, is the scaling.

Also I would argue the same with Soundwave. The idea would be to use his shield to reflect damage which is why it’s multiple is over 100%. Not avoid. The reason you have to avoid is the scaling when facing double or triple Pi.

Interference is used to avoid and heal sheild is a back up measure where a ranged attack can't be easily dogged.
    Reflecting is way of avoiding and using it for your own good rather than taking hit and reducing the damage dealt

Interference is used to avoid and heal sheild is a back up measure where a ranged attack can't be easily dogged.
    Reflecting is way of avoiding and using it for your own good rather than taking hit and reducing the damage dealt

1. How do you avoid an attack yet use it for your own good unless your actively blocking? I also never said Soundwave reduces damage. Have you been playing since day one?

2. You’re wrong.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760

1. How do you avoid an attack yet use it for your own good unless your actively blocking? I also never said Soundwave reduces damage. Have you been playing since day one?

2. You’re wrong.

Don’t use blaster myself to show this, but one tactic would be to lay off interference and keep distance. Forcing the opponent to fire ranged at normal speed would be a reliable way to restore health and keep blaster in good condition, unlike ratchet having to fall below 50% health for the health regen.

Would imagine it’d be a handy for dealing with the likes of bonecrusher to mitigate the inevitable bleeds, would take time but played safely it could prove efficient
  • I think its best to lower his damage with interference and SP3, then block.

At some point his regen should start to outweight the incoming damage if he's high sig and the opponent is debuffed.
    edited June 2018
    @kranders

2. You’re wrong.

First I'm not a fan of heal shield,,, I'll put inference and it will help me dodge their ranged and I will continue normal basic combo and special attack routine.
    Only thing which matters to me is interference and amp charge damage boost and heavy shock... I don't care about block shield or heal sheild.
    I don't like Galvatron because he needs to block to be useful.Blocks are reliable as defence Against bots on mAster missions OR bosses. It can be used in RoK though.
    I only like ShockWave because his block are reliable even against master bots. When I said avoid attack to use them for own good?well, In case sonic sheild, attack does not bit you and is reflected, "I consider it" avoided and reflected attack hit opponent hence used for your own good...
    In case of SoundWave, you can call me wrong, no problems, everyone has different point of view