Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Overpowered primal final boss in New Sanctum map

Basically he thrash all 3 of my bots in difficulty 35.. IH OG prime and rachet only manage to down him till half HP. All 3 of these bots are almost max forged 4*. I don't find this new Sanctum map easier?

What's with primal's instant purification? No damaging debuffs can stick to him? Where did that came from? Doesn't even need to heavy to clear them.. His mods suppose to be same as OG Megatron in previous Sanctum?

Forcing us to up ultra magnus just for him? Who will even do that??
Tagged:

Comments

• bishawabishawa Posts: 30
    Same here I used to easily kil mega as final boss but OP is real tough. It's diff to get a 15 combo on OP and this new AM is lot tough than the old one.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Davien wrote: »
    What's with primal's instant purification? No damaging debuffs can stick to him? Where did that came from? Doesn't even need to heavy to clear them.. His mods suppose to be same as OG Megatron in previous Sanctum?

Maybe he’s max sig. His sig makes DOT debuffs end faster. I wonder if there would be time to fuse tac Megatrons shock to him or if it’ll end before you get the chance.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    yea im pretty sure that primal is one of the easier fights out there in new map3
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2018
    Basically he thrash all 3 of my bots in difficulty 35.. IH OG prime and rachet only manage to down him till half HP. All 3 of these bots are almost max forged 4*. I don't find this new Sanctum map easier?

Forcing us to up ultra magnus just for him? Who will even do that??

1) Primal is the final boss, and he's intended to be a team effort. Don't cry that you can't one shot him.

2) Two of your bots are terrible against him because all their damage is reliant on landing crits. The fact that you didn't even know he could reduce damaging debuff duration with his Sig shows that you aren't paying attention to your bot selection.

3) Pretty sure this map was intended to stop the prolific use of thousands of IH OG Rat squads, so I'm not surprised.

4) There are plenty of options besides UM but he is definitely a great choice against Primal.

5) Git gud.

6) the only mod on the map that needs to be adjusted is relentless assault.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Relentless assault doesn't really bother me as much as reflect ranged or shock block, but that's probably just my playstyle. Yeah Primal is a beast, definitely wait for those links to come down (although a determined Magnus or G1 Megs can do some respectable damage with only one link down).
    We'll get better, just have to learn the new map
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    5*s are the future, og prime, ratchet are becoming irreverent in the endgame
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited June 2018
    any tips on getting that 15 hit on primal other than using a tact? seems like you need to block more than dodge.. I get that the AI have a reaction advantage but this magnifies with primal because of the 15 count. sidestepping a range and running into a bum rush before i even finish the step is :| or maybe i'm too far back. Should you also stay away from giving heavies to slow the build of the sp? by the time i get 15, he's at sp3.

used OG prime..and it was night and day. Maybe I got lucky with an off AI because it was like fighting a regular bot
  • Hey All,

Primal is certainly a different challenge than Megatron. I'm also finding that the Bots I used to use heavily about Megatron aren't nearly as effective against Primal, but am also finding new Bots to use that I didn't really pay much attention to before.

As has already been said, Ultra Magnus and Star Scream are definitely some great counters, and I've had some luck with Dinobot as well. I would avoid Bots that rely on Bleed (RIP Bonecrusher, because he constantly heals Primal) or bots that rely on Critical hits to do their Damage. You can still make use of Crit Reliant Bots, but have to be constantly baiting out Heavy Attacks, and then watching out for the ensuing attacks after.

This might take some time to get used to, because Primal is certainly a completely different challenge than some of our previous AM bosses, but there are definitely some great counters out there.
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    Someone already mentioned it but with Primal being the boss of AM now, Ultra Magnus finally becomes a powerhouse bot. UM is by far the best bot to kill Primal but their are other ways.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Voltron wrote: »
    any tips on getting that 15 hit on primal other than using a tact? seems like you need to block more than dodge.. I get that the AI have a reaction advantage but this magnifies with primal because of the 15 count. sidestepping a range and running into a bum rush before i even finish the step is :| or maybe i'm too far back. Should you also stay away from giving heavies to slow the build of the sp? by the time i get 15, he's at sp3.

used OG prime..and it was night and day. Maybe I got lucky with an off AI because it was like fighting a regular bot

Can go into ROTK and just keep practicing on that Primal. You’ll quickly learn how to fight him and be very familiar dodging his specials. A lot of sidestep counterattack helps.

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I've found Prowls Very useful against Primal...his melee buffs land solid hits without relying on criticals, and his SP1 makes certain he never reached his SP1 to heal. Prowl has also evaded a few nasty shots.
    edited June 2018
    Hey All,

Primal is certainly a different challenge than Megatron. I'm also finding that the Bots I used to use heavily about Megatron aren't nearly as effective against Primal, but am also finding new Bots to use that I didn't really pay much attention to before.

As has already been said, Ultra Magnus and Star Scream are definitely some great counters, and I've had some luck with Dinobot as well. I would avoid Bots that rely on Bleed (RIP Bonecrusher, because he constantly heals Primal) or bots that rely on Critical hits to do their Damage. You can still make use of Crit Reliant Bots, but have to be constantly baiting out Heavy Attacks, and then watching out for the ensuing attacks after.

This might take some time to get used to, because Primal is certainly a completely different challenge than some of our previous AM bosses, but there are definitely some great counters out there.

you looking to join an alliance? B)

@JKL @DrShotgun thanks for the tips. will check out Prowl and good suggestion on ROTK..i was going start a post to see if we can have a training mode. nvm!
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    To get him past phase 1 you really just need to ninja it out, but there are a couple of easier ways. Shockwave can still do some good DoT to bring him down, OG Mega can still do some quick damage when you hit 15, as can UM. Scream can nullify and do that instant shock damage which is super handy, just not many have him high enough.

The problem with having to find alternate bots now is that to play at competitive level you really need r5 and high forge - this takes a long time so the time period inbetween is really awkward.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    OG Megs sp3 deals a lot of hits already and has enough time to fuse shock. Tested and fused on 2nd shot. Then fuse an armor break to shutdown his yellow armor forever.
    Starscream sp1 does a lot of hits too - Scream is a really good choice but he is just so rare and uncommon and not great for the other fights. Rhinox sp2 too, but the bleeds will heal him
    edited June 2018
    Rhinox sp2 lands several hits also.
    There's alot of good info in this thread
    OG Megs sp3 deals a lot of hits already and has enough time to fuse shock. Tested and fused on 2nd shot. Then fuse an armor break to shutdown his yellow armor forever.

You can fuse a shock??
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    DrShotgun wrote: »

You can fuse a shock??

Yeah as I said. I wait for him to drop a heavy then fired my sp3. That way he only has one armor to accelerate. Better yet, fuse armor break first so he doesn't have armor at all.
  • Booster_BlueBooster_Blue Posts: 580
    5*s are the future, og prime, ratchet are becoming irreverent in the endgame

I disagree. I use Ratchet against OP and have no issue. He is basically a cockroach and if played decently he literally can fight anything and not die.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited June 2018
    Darm0k wrote: »

Maybe he’s max sig. His sig makes DOT debuffs end faster. I wonder if there would be time to fuse tac Megatrons shock to him or if it’ll end before you get the chance.

Well, he reduces length of DEBUFFS per Each armor he has.
    Go for permanent Armor break first and then shock.
    No Mitigation of shock or any Debuff if there's no armor
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Rhinox sp2 lands several hits also.
    There's alot of good info in this thread

It just happens that he inflicts bleeds too and primal will heal back to 100 and you can't guarantee if you'll be able maintain the combo meter
  • Hey All,

Now one is going to bring Star Scream to am. He is trash!
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2018
    Hey All,

Speak for yourself.

If you're gonna call a bot trash, explain why.

Starscream is a good counter to the current meta. His basic ranged is essentially a direct damage armour breaker and nullifier.

There's some pretty awesome synergies you can build with him as well.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Decided to try Ramjet on a low level fight.
    It was fun but lengthy.
    https://youtu.be/HsZ09D308S0
    Hey All,

I take him to AM and master spotlight...
    any other places in a mission that has a highly leveled Primal? didn't realize you need to beat ROK for ROTK. I'm not even close to that
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    Decided to try Ramjet on a low level fight.
    It was fun but lengthy.
    https://youtu.be/HsZ09D308S0

You should pair ramjet with starscream and kickback, not only will your burn and stun debuffs last longer, but all your range shots will ignore 70% total armor the enemy has.
  • dtorreskaterdtorreskater Posts: 118
    OG Megs, fuse shock and armor break, then steal his buffs, and make him pay. Screamer and magnus are good choices too. I'm so happy that the normal a/m team (prime, rat, ih) everyone used to bring doesn't work as well here. It brings new life into the game, and keeps it from getting stale.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    OG Megs, fuse shock and armor break, then steal his buffs, and make him pay. Screamer and magnus are good choices too. I'm so happy that the normal a/m team (prime, rat, ih) everyone used to bring doesn't work as well here. It brings new life into the game, and keeps it from getting stale.

Prime, rat, IH are still good team in this current map 3.