Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Dev suggestion - active attack power display

Hey devs, it would be nice to have a readout in the buff icon area that shows the current attack power bonus (passive, masteries, synergies, and buffs totalled up). Could also do for armor I suppose... these ideally would be toggled on/off in the game settings.

Comments

• SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Read out? Can explain a bit.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Read out? Can explain a bit.
    He probably meant percentage, such as 18% melee damage increase from Primal's buff, 12.5% bleed damage per second from WB's bleed.
    If that's so, it won't be a good idea as it will cause crowd there making hard distinguish abilities..
    However this can be added in pause menu showing these stats of ability.
  • LouCypherLouCypher Posts: 111
    No, in the pause menu defeats the whole purpose of seeing your attack % on the fly.
    When I’ve got synergies, combat buffs proccing, and star seeker going I want to know at any time what my attack bonus is.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    It’ll make it a little too cluttered up there. Is knowing if your attack is 18% stronger or 25% stronger going to change your fighting strategy that much?
    A little experienced players always know what stats his bot abilities are, at least estimation, he just need to know if these abilities are active or not. And icon area serves that purpose very well and so does pause menu
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I've been asking for something as simple as an armor rating for months now...good luck on your request.
  • BeejimanBeejiman Posts: 10
    Great request!

There are 'hidden' abilities and features (exact armour ratings, attack buff percentages, etc) that even experienced players cannot know these stats for sure. Sure you have a feel for it, but there is no certainty. Some transparency could make the fights more fun and give players more information to make choices about which attacks to use when and which bots to invest in in the long run.
  • WarCatWarCat Posts: 171
    edited July 2018
    A little experienced players always know what stats his bot abilities are, at least estimation, he just need to know if these abilities are active or not. And icon area serves that purpose very well and so does pause menu

You couldn’t have trolled harder if you tried. You can’t know for certain if an ability is up without pausing the game. Pausing the game disrupts the flow of a fight and any battle rhythm you have going. Seeing it displayed wouldn’t clutter up the display anymore than seeing “Man I’m good” every time Sideswipe dodges an attack.
    Darm0k wrote: »
    It’ll make it a little too cluttered up there. Is knowing if your attack is 18% stronger or 25% stronger going to change your fighting strategy that much?

Yes, it would.
    WarCat wrote: »

You couldn’t have trolled harder if you tried. You can’t know for certain if an ability is up without pausing the game. Pausing the game disrupts the flow of a fight and any battle rhythm you have going. Seeing it displayed wouldn’t clutter up the display anymore than seeing “Man I’m good” every time Sideswipe dodges an attack.
    Only such abilities I know or use are :
    bot ability : Grims Sign,, and...?
    Masteries: Despair and Star Seeker.
    And most players know how much chance their StarScream sign has to trigger and their DRIFT'S evade chance against bleeding enemy and their Dinobot chance to unblockable against armor broken enemy..
    And I clearly know, or close estimation, how strong buffs my boys and Masteries has.

• LouCypherLouCypher Posts: 111
    Hard numbers are a nice thing to have, for example seeing your hp% instead of just a bar was a welcome improvement. These numbers are obviously available just below the surface, so let’s make them visible. It would be interesting to see how the various bonuses add up (maybe the percentages aren’t exactly cumulative).
    There’s also plenty of room to add these custom/advanced options.. just throw them under the current icon area.
    Finally, if you don’t want to see them, then don’t enable them. My request was for them to be optional.
  • I think this is a pretty good idea actually. If you also consider the fact that a lot of people record their battles for demonstration purposes, or to test synergy strengths, or illustrate abilities to their alliance members. It could only be a good thing I believe.

For those that don't value that data and prefer screen real estate, perhaps KABAM could have it as a "display option" that could be toggled on or off in settings? That makes everyone happy!
    Then, not clog up, they may use smaller font