Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Demo awakening dilemma - Ironhide or Megatron

Have a demo awakening program. Was waiting to get an Ironhide to use it and now I finally do. However, while waiting to open IH, I’ve been using Megatron a lot with his synergy team and have gotten pretty used to it (and somewhat like it a little). I’m open to changing things up though — who knows?

Comments

• Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Megatrons is probably more useful for the long missions because of the regen. But if you go that route, you should commit to putting all your sig programs in to him - I think his regen hits 30% at sig 100
  • Options
    kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Are you fairly skilled at surviving with low health? If not, Megatron's sig is not going to do a whole lot for you, somewhat better than wasp but not great since in most instances the damage done to you can wipe you out at high levels. If you invest in Barricade then Megatron can be better but even then I think he's lackluster. Unless you're very skilled at getting it to trigger and avoid damage his sig doesn't scale as great in high levels.

If you use Optimus Prime and Ratchet then go with IH, you'll get more out of a full team of autobots. You basically have to decide which synergy route you want G1 or Baybots.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited July 2018
    Demotron's sig is definitely the worst in the game. It just passively add some health at the very predictable moment but can still be overcome with a high damage hit.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Oh, only 30% at sig 100? I was hoping it’d be higher. Not that I have that may sig programs, but figured I’d slowly build it up. I had a 3 star one with a sig level pretty high, but I forged him and don’t remember what the recovery was. Ha ha.

I’m hit or miss when it comes to surviving with low health. Sometimes I can get a perfect when I start with under 5% health and sometimes I’ll lose within a few seconds. Though, I usually am able to avoid that one blast that kills you (save for the tac Megatron boss with the ranged attack buff).

With my team, I can usually complete master and fully explore the first three missions, but then I start to hit the wall. Not sure if it’s the bots (they’re sitting at r4) or me (could just be me). Don’t have Ratchet yet which is why I’m not going with the standard Prime, Ratchet, Ironhide, X+Y route.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I think if you're hitting the wall, Demotron won't help because he doesn't have any control of those freaking mods. He's got bland output buff that's all. Giving him 30% more health is less effective than activating a t1 health boost, which is +10% for 5 bots.
  • Options
    I think if you're hitting the wall, Demotron won't help because he doesn't have any control of those freaking mods. He's got bland output buff that's all. Giving him 30% more health is less effective than activating a t1 health boost, which is +10% for 5 bots.

Yeah, I kinda I see what you’re saying. Maybe I’ll awaken Ironhide and try to figure out a team that’ll work with him and Prime (and maybe I’ll open Ratchet
  • Options
    Oh weird, the rest of my post got cut off.
  • Options
    SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited July 2018
    I would say Ironhide.... Megs need not to be awakened to be useful but it make him better though.... But IH sign make him do wreck of a damage
  • Options
    kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Unfortunately IH has always had weird synergies since he has a mix of baybot and g1 but Prime has several options available to him. Jazz is a good option if you got him as his is one of the better synergies with Prime.
  • Options
    Cool thanks
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    You may also want to consider waiting to see if they finally release another demo bot after Tantrum.
  • Options
    acidfunacidfun Posts: 5
    I suggest IH, he is a TOP God tier bot and his sig will let you wipe a bot out. Mega is the second best, but not close to IH's heavy spam plus sp1 + free heavy when stun comes in, which is quite often.