Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Alpha Essence Mission

2»

Comments

• Shaney_C81Shaney_C81 Posts: 8
    Sorry but next time? This whole thing is terribly executed. You say to have notifications on and they don't work. Time frames and everything are poorly planned. Not fair to most of us.
  • Aeonz wrote: »
    Hi guys! I got this day's 100 alpha essence again. And I think it starts at 10AM at your local time zone. Will need to confirm again though.

Ive done it every day at 2 o'clock (central time zone) so thats not right, but today they actually sent a notification!
  • GoodBoyGoodBoy Posts: 5
    edited May 2017
    For anyone who don't know the time, please try 11am Beijing time.
    At least I can play the event in the past few days.
  • Joker69Joker69 Posts: 345
    It starts for me at 3pm NZ time zone and Ive been getting notifications for the past few days
  • Hey all,

I'm sorry that some of you are having trouble with the Push Notifications, and for the troubles they're causing with the event. If you could help us figure out what might be the problem with the notifications, that would be super helpful.

Could you tell us what device and OS you're using, and what your notification settings are? For both the game, and your device in general? Did you turn notifications on for this event but had them off before? Did you have them on from the beginning?
  • BlazinhobbsBlazinhobbs Posts: 135
    I like the idea of the alpha missions but its just not enough essence it'll take months at that rate if it was like a 10 day event and a 1000 essence a day that would b great so at least we can form one alpha
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Notifications worked for me nisy5sjjhji8.png
    Running iOS 10.3.1 on iPhone 6 Plus
    Too bad I can't customize the tone, I'd like to hear the transformation SFX or the "robots in disguise" riff from the theme song lol
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I would say that if you're going to make this a limited event, then increase the amount of essence you can get to 250. Otherwise, just make it a regular daily event for 100 with a timer counting down that lets you know when the event will begin.

I also like the idea posted before about accessing it once a day and as soon as you do, the timer starts for one hour.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Definitely should make it a daily. Leave the high energy requirements, maybe even buff the defending bots for a real challenge, then let us have at it. The profit from energy refills and repair/revive kits would be significant
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Mine starts 11am GMT+8 as well.

Just wondering, if we start the mission while it's on, but have not finished it when the timer's up, are we able to continue it like the normal spark daily mission? I've played it once where I was able to continue, but on the third day, I was just thrown out unceremoniously with no option to continue.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    I've just played the alpha mission twice and now on my third run, funny thing is in my third run, I don't see the 4* chest? I'm waiting to see if I'm allowed to finish it (need about 2 hours to charge my energy) and if I get the 100 alpha sparks for this run.
  • hoolienweehoolienwee Posts: 159
    I can confirm it start 11AM in Singapore, Malaysia, Beijing, HK time zone.
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123

Could you tell us what device and OS you're using, and what your notification settings are? For both the game, and your device in general? Did you turn notifications on for this event but had them off before? Did you have them on from the beginning?

iPhone 6S, iOS10.3.2 (14F89)
    Notification Setting: Allow Sound, Shown in Notification Centre, Badge App Icon, Banner.

Not too sure what you meant by "turn on notification for THIS EVENT", didn't see any option in the game to specify which event I want notification.

No notification on this event ever, but had been getting other notifications from the game.
  • KingOfPainKingOfPain Posts: 91
    The entire concept of having anything tied to a particular time of day is absurd. Some of us have jobs. I've got better things to do than wait around for a notification. Especially when that notification might just be for my mission energy, or a 4hr crystal.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I think it's safe to say this entire special event was a gigantic bust for most of the community.

A shame really... Kabam tried to give us what we wanted and got too cute with one hour rotating time windows and making this virtually inaccessible for players that actually have a life and career.

Please see my previous suggestions​ regarding giving players the ability to access an event like once a day at a time of their choosing, and having an hour to exploit it from the first moment they begin the mission.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    And fix the notifications! Using a Samsung S6 Active, Android 7.0, and I got a popup message for days 3, 4, and 5 of the event. And that's it.