Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Grindor ability bugged

One of Grindor's abilities 'Missile Critical Hit' says when he criticals with a missile he inflicts burn for x% for x seconds.

I have tested with heavy ranged and light range attacks. Neither cause burn.

Comments

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    His heavy can cause burn but it's insanely rare
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    His heavy can cause burn but it's insanely rare

The ability doesn't list a percent chance, it says missile critical hits inflict burn, if it's less than 100% then it's a bug or incorrectly labelled in game.

Thanks for confirming that in some rare instances it does proc.

I hope Kabam can confirm the intended interaction, if it should be 100% of criticals or not.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited April 2017
    Don't forget, if you are attacking a higher class bot with a lower class bot, you can throw those numbers right out the window.

Those percentages only apply to the same tier (star level) bot or lower.

Again, if you are attacking a 3 or 4* bot with your maxed 2*, those abilities will rarely trigger if at all. Same goes for 3* vs 4* bots
    Manthro wrote: »
    Don't forget, if you are attacking a higher class bot with a lower class bot, you can throw those numbers right out the window.

Again, if you are attacking a 3 or 4* bot with your maxed 2*, those abilities will rarely trigger if at all. Same goes for 3* vs 4* bots

What percentages? There is no percentage listed for the chance to trigger. It says missile critical hits cause bleed. Full stop.

But to make you feel better, I have a 3* grindor. 3/4, 30/30.

Where does it say star level effects the numbers? What's your source?

• ShadowboundShadowbound Posts: 55
    edited May 2017
    Terminal wrote: »

What percentages? There is no percentage listed for the chance to trigger. It says missile critical hits cause bleed. Full stop.

I had thought that was a great tip on star level, can't say I'm not curious as well though to where this information is held, and what else might be there!

Do share thanks

Edit: We may only get an experience answer though. I noticed in vids that i watch that Bonecrusher's bleed is very hit and miss in higher ranked battles. iNightskies vids on youtube to verify. Probably in the 4 star Prime challenge ones, he uses bonecrusher everywhere though.
    edited May 2017

I had thought that was a great tip on star level, can't say I'm not curious as well though to where this information is held, and what else might be there!

Do share thanks

Edit: We may only get an experience answer though. I noticed in vids that i watch that Bonecrusher's bleed is very hit and miss in higher ranked battles. iNightskies vids on youtube to verify. Probably in the 4 star Prime challenge ones, he uses bonecrusher everywhere though.

It is something I noticed after playing for a while, and my abilities were not triggering​ nearly as often against higher tier bots, despite me smashing their faces in.

Not everything is written down as law. A little observation and common sense will get you to a conclusion. I'm sharing my knowledge with you, take it or leave it... I don't really care.

Ok, so one guy says his Grindor is a 3* 3/30... So is mine, here's another tidbit..

Brawlers landing critical hits AT ALL is EXTREMELY rare, and you'd know that if you looked into the brawler class to begin with.

I would wager that you are mistaking a high damage heavy hit with a critical. Critical damage is only denoted by yellow numbers. You won't see that from a brawler bot very often.

Brawlers have high attack and defense ratings but low Crit rates.

Grindor missle hits will probably only land critical after using his L3, and by then you've probably already won the battle anyway.

You'll see him power lock on missile hits more often than you'll see burn, and power lock isn't even listed in his abilities... Far more useful as well.
  • Alkaiser_93Alkaiser_93 Posts: 249

Do share thanks

It is something I noticed after playing for a while, and my abilities were not triggering​ nearly as often against higher tier bots, despite me smashing their faces in.

Not everything is written down as law. A little observation and common sense will get you to a conclusion. I'm sharing my knowledge with you, take it or leave it... I don't really care.

Ok, so one guy says his Grindor is a 3* 3/30... So is mine, here's another tidbit..

Brawlers landing critical hits AT ALL is EXTREMELY rare, and you'd know that if you looked into the brawler class to begin with.

I would wager that you are mistaking a high damage heavy hit with a critical. Critical damage is only denoted by yellow numbers. You won't see that from a brawler bot very often.

Grindor missle hits will probably only land critical after using his L3, and by then you've probably already won the battle anyway.

You'll see him power lock on missile hits more often than you'll see burn, and power lock isn't even listed in his abilities... Far more useful as well.

If you pair him with Barricade, first missile attack deals Power Lock.
  • ShadowboundShadowbound Posts: 55

Do share thanks

Thanks for the tips Man! thro
    Much appreciated!

Its one that hadn't come to mind while reading all of this, even though that is clearly the brawler description. Low criticals, high damage.

Stop being so condescending. You've wagered incorrectly. I know what a critical is, I said I tested. During random fights that didn't matter I would spam my heavy ranged until it hit with a critical, burn did not proc. Against 2* and 3*. The ability lists no % chance. It simply states missile crits cause burn. It doesn't do this. If it's not 100% it should say so. It's worded the same as for example, motormasters dashing ability. It's a 100% thing.

I don't know why people are so argumentative on these forums, especially in the bug report section, not discussion. Just read the ability, test it, see it doesn't work, confirm it. Add something useful to the report. The conjecture is unhelpful and I'm getting pretty tired of seeing this forum riddled with it.

Stop being so condescending. You've wagered incorrectly. I know what a critical is, I said I tested. During random fights that didn't matter I would spam my heavy ranged until it hit with a critical, burn did not proc. Against 2* and 3*. The ability lists no % chance. It simply states missile crits cause burn. It doesn't do this. If it's not 100% it should say so. It's worded the same as for example, motormasters dashing ability. It's a 100% thing.

I don't know why people are so argumentative on these forums, especially in the bug report section, not discussion. Just read the ability, test it, see it doesn't work, confirm it. Add something useful to the report. The conjecture is unhelpful and I'm getting pretty tired of seeing this forum riddled with it.

I'm really not being argumentative, I'm giving you reasons why you may not see burn triggering.

Put your shirt back on, kid. Players are just trying to help find a conclusion for you.

I'm tired of people being so offended at the universe.
  • I'm going to pass this on to the team, but from the sounds of it, @Manthro is correct. Grindor does not Crit very often, but I will have them check it out.

I'm really not being argumentative, I'm giving you reasons why you may not see burn triggering.

Put your shirt back on, kid. Players are just trying to help find a conclusion for you.

I'm tired of people being so offended at the universe.

Not the universe, just you. Let's use your language as an example to highlight tone.

Using forceful expressions AT ALL, is EXTREMELY rare, and you'd know that if you looked into the English language to begin with.

I'd wager you're mistaking talking to your friends with talking to strangers. You won't see friends on an online forum very often.

I'm sure there's plenty of English language courses you could enroll in to learn the basic meanings of things.

Before trying to be so helpful with your conclusions, read the bot ability description. There is no % chance right? That means it should always trigger, right? Same as motormaster's unstoppable. Go test it with a critical, does it trigger every time there is a critical? No. So the only thing to say is there is an error in the description or bugged ability. If you want to help just go test it and confirm it doesn't work so Kabam can see it's an issue instead of assuming I don't know what a critical is and I made a mistake reporting it. If you bothered to look at the ability and test it you would come to the same conclusion that it doesn't work as described and there'd be no need for any of this.

The fact you didn't know your power lock was coming from a synergy just shows you don't really know what you're talking about or look closely at things, so it's not helpful.

The discussion is not about the chance of a critical but what happens when it does critical, and you'd know that if you looked at the ability and tested it yourself to begin with.
    I'm going to pass this on to the team, but from the sounds of it, @Manthro is correct. Grindor does not Crit very often, but I will have them check it out.

Miike, it's not about the crit rate at all, it's about what happens when he does crit. Crit missiles are supposed to burn, but they don't.

@Manthro, Kabam doesn't understand what the issue is because of the stuff you said. You have Grindor, you should care that he doesn't work as described. We should be supporting each other here.
  • K_E_R_SK_E_R_S Posts: 2
    Yes. His missiles are supposed to burn.
    In all this time I have still yet to see burn applied on a critical missile, even from a s3 missile crit, which didn't kill the opponent, did not apply burn.
  • Greenie_81Greenie_81 Posts: 54
    Playing Grindor for a very Long time and I haven't seen the burn from his missile heavy Attack tbh i73zxh71hr2z.png
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    I had checked and checked and never had I seen this so call "Missiles Critical Hit" in any of Grindor's profile... am I missing something here?
    z6y9m8xvdmfb.png

@Kruga yes, you're missing something here.

Check and check more carefully and you'll find a whole host of 'so called abilities' you likely never knew existed.
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    Probably because my Grindor still at Rank 1, don't see that at all in the description.

Agreed with you if it is there, it should burn!

2p9xu6xf49i9.png
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Yeah it's not working, his T3 special gives you +50% critical missile hit, I tried to screen it but the critical numbers were too fast to capture but it did critical and no burn showed up.e8m0qi5nw4hv.jpg
  • That graphic looks better what phone do you have because it doesn't show that awesome graphic because I have a Samsung galaxy s6 and I never get a awesome graphic like that.
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Here's the critical missile hit, and no burn.wk9vq4bm2qji.png
    I use a iPhone 6 Plus.