Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Requesting Information: AI Dodging Heavy Attacks more often

2»

Comments

• CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    The problem largely shoes up in arena and raids for me, not so much in other modes. Bumblebee connects one in five times now, he basically got hit with a giant nerf bat. The length isn't the issue at all, I tend to throw heavies in combos so I'm already up in their face, but they dodge and punish you for everything now.
  • I have definitely been noticing a lot in raids across all bots. I mainly use ironhide's heavy and have had the AI dodge out of it 90% of attempts.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    As everyone has already stated, it's pretty much across the game that this happening. Prior to the update, the usual 3-4 light hit followed by heavy combo always connected. Now the bots seem to mostly dodge that last heavy.

I'm not sure where the AI difficulty was supposed to be tuned down for harder content but this definitely doesn't seem like the case. 4* arena is much more difficult now with the bots holding to sp3 and evading heavies. I can dodge around for a minute trying to bait that sp2 and they still won't use it. The opposite of what was stated to be changed in v2.0 for special holding seems to have happened.
  • TalibTalib Posts: 30
    i noticed that in 2.0 AI is more difficult than previous game version but here i am mainly talking about Bumblebee vs Grindor even though Bumblebee class has advantage over Grindor still its too difficult to beat grindor in 2.0
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    Yes, experienced higher level of AI dodging the heavy atk after medium/light atks combos, in all fight modes. Also noticed a higher trigger rate for evades especially mid-combos and during specials.

I won't mind a challenge, but why advantages the bots with evade ability so much, coupled this high dodge and evade virtually means these bots escape well timed attacks. It would help to balance things out, if you limit the evade to trigger only at the start of specials and at a bockable attacks (mid combos or otherwise), higher dodge rate for heavies and still be mitigated somehow.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Happening especially in raids. Please reduce difficulty. Mods is enough hard for us to get pass.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    1) Yes it is a problem, random range on the heavies, and super dodge mode.

2) You guys said it would be easier to bait specials, it is the opposite ... I spent over a minute the other day standing unblocked in front of sideswipe in a raid and he was holding for SP3 no matter what. He finally gave in, but I could only imagine how much that would suck in AM.

3) You said arenas would be easier to get to streak, but it has only become harder. Not sure if it is compounded with the other issues or if the AI is also broken, but this one really seems to be a thing too.

4) We have always been able to dodge back along the wall, as has the AI. You just weren't seeing the AI do it as often because they weren't dodging the kitchen sink before.
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    Any update on this issue Mike? Combined with the still ongoing arena's bug, it makes it very hard to keep our winning streak.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited June 2017
    Talib wrote: »
    i noticed that in 2.0 AI is more difficult than previous game version but here i am mainly talking about Bumblebee vs Grindor even though Bumblebee class has advantage over Grindor still its too difficult to beat grindor in 2.0

That's because: 1. Grindor simply has the thickest lifebar. 2. With AI dodging heavies, you can't land BBB's heavy very often and you can't get his attack rating buff stacked up like before. BBB was a real "harm accelerator" if you know what I mean.
  • juliusjulius Posts: 66
    Mike,
    Actually we have seen in all modes, including raids, arenas, and spotlight missions. All bots are able to dodge very proficiently, even including the big guys like Grindor.
    The reason why players complained most at raids is partially due to the good part of the change: raid can bring in alpha sparks more easily than before. Players like to play raids, but the new rules of raids determine that players have to win to get most of the raid chips. Winning against the dodging enemies are feasible but not very fun.
    One side effect I noticed that due to this dodging capability of most bots, the bots with range heavy attack become more advantageous than before, such as iron hide, grind or, etc.
    Thanks.

Hi Commanders!

We've gotten a few reports that the AI is now dodging your heavy attacks more often than they did before 2.0. If you are seeing this, please help us out with some more information.

What modes are you seeing this in?

If in a mission, which mission did you see this in?

Which bots are you using when you notice this?

If we need more information, we'll let you guys know, and thank you in advance for helping us get to the bottom of this.
    If our investigations conclude that there was a change made, it was not intentional.

• HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    For me, the AI definitely is dodge-crazy! I just faced Barricade on the medium difficulty of the first part of the Drift missions and he dodged maybe 9 out of 10 of my melee attacks and all but 3 of my ranged attacks! Not sure if the skill points have anything to do with it, but I had over 350 more skill and he still managed to get me down to almost half health before I was able to kill him.

On other parts--story, arena, daily missions--dodging happens all the time but its the least of the problems I'm dealing with!
    * Mixmaster frequently moves WHILE blocking, backing out of the way of a heavy or a dashing attack.
    * Arcee is as much of a dodge monster as Barricade, but she also has great reach on her melee attacks than almost anyone I have fought, landing punches or kicks while standing at a distance where she shouldn't be able to reach me.
    * Grindor waits until I'm done shooting at him, sidesteps before my shots get to him, and then shoots me 3-5 times before my bot finishes the animation of putting their gun away. Windblade will do this too, many times without even moving, shots just pass through her and she shoots back and of course, hits me while I'm still in the middle of the shooting animation.
    * Bayformers Prime doesn't just dodge, he phases right through ranged and melee attacks, ignoring my attacks and usually rushes in through my attacks (not like Motormaster's Unstoppable feature) and does whatever he wants, whether his power gauge is full or not. I've literally had him start a match by attacking me with his stage 1 special!
    * Bayformers Bee was worse than Barricade, dodging or ignoring almost every attack against him but this seems to have lessened in frequency since the update.

That kind of goes off tangent but it fits in with the overall AI problems I've had to deal with. Excessive dodging by the AI is the least of my concerns.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Badbeat123 wrote: »
    Concerning that this thread is being ignored now, I don't think some communication from a mod is too much to ask for.

No, the team has already put a fix to this and it works. Update to 2.0.2 and you'll see Raid and Arena difficulty is decreased.