Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Roleplaying Communications Tab

Hey all, it's Bumblebee again. So, through my time playing this game I've noticed how rather toxic the Global chat is/can get. Part of this is due to the frustration of players over the constant stream of roleplayers congesting the chat, which leaves barely any room for appropriate conversation(s) among players .

If you want my opinion, I don't mind the roleplaying. I actually participate myself every now and then. It's really invigorating to play the lives of your favorite Transformers characters and create original stories with them; and the best thing is that you're sharing these ideas and interactions with other people.

I know that this hasn't been done before and I can see why Kabam would dismiss such a request but I was talking with some friends over Global and the concept of having a separate tab for roleplayers was fairly popular. It was definitely a great way to kill the time as you wait for your energy to replenish. I think this would create a wonderful way for new players to make friends as Global it's hard enough to get even an individual's attention. I try to greet anyone I can, because here we're a community and a community needs someone like that.

I've already considered that there maybe some predicaments with other players spamming/exploiting the privileges of another social tab (along with the fact that Kabam has enough up their plate), but there is no hurt in trying ;).

Just wanted to put that out there. Thanks everyone! :)

Comments

• SmirkyDrewSmirkyDrew Posts: 118
    Not a bad idea.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    It's doable, would need some careful planning and implementation, but I think it might be fun
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Really annoying roleplayers spamming in global, it's actually a good idea to seperate them to another room. Kabam needs to know about the roleplayers and do something about them
    I really appreciate your idea about seperated chat rooms for the non-roleplayers to feel more comfortable
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    The feedback is much appreciated everyone! I'm hoping the thought is at least being discussed/facilitated throughout the team!
    The roleplayers just stopped roleplaying, they're probably mad at each other I think, or their roleplaying leader got 3 of his accounts banned maybe
  • NeoNeo Posts: 21
    cg76hmbw07sm.png
    Really annoying.
  • w8stedw8sted Posts: 27
    They should get their own chat room to role play. It does get cause a lot traffic on Global Chat. I don't think that they should be banned over it , since that not really violating any rules or abusing others.
  • I’m glad I searched for this thread as I was about to post a similar discussion! Lol

I’ve been playing this game for a while now and I too have noticed how frustratingly cluttered the Global Chat gets, and I would like to not only add my support to Bumblebee’s idea, but also propose the addition of an Alliance Recruitment Channel as well.

The rules and parameters of these new sections of the chat will, of course, be the same as Global, but now newcomers to the game who are seeking assistance with game features will be able to have their questions answered, fellow gamers wanting to chat with other players will be able to talk without having messages lost in the clutter, people looking to recruit or join new Alliances will be able to find groups easier, and Roleplayers who are looking to create more in-depth plots and storylines to the game will be able to host Transformers lore-rich campaigns without being interrupted.

This game’s chat feature is an awesome way to make new friends, meet fellow Transformers fans, swap Alliance war stories, and host creative text-based games while Mission Energy and Raid Tickets recharge, I think that this addition will help make it a better experience for all players.

• BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    I’m glad I searched for this thread as I was about to post a similar discussion! Lol

I’ve been playing this game for a while now and I too have noticed how frustratingly cluttered the Global Chat gets, and I would like to not only add my support to Bumblebee’s idea, but also propose the addition of an Alliance Recruitment Channel as well.

The rules and parameters of these new sections of the chat will, of course, be the same as Global, but now newcomers to the game who are seeking assistance with game features will be able to have their questions answered, fellow gamers wanting to chat with other players will be able to talk without having messages lost in the clutter, people looking to recruit or join new Alliances will be able to find groups easier, and Roleplayers who are looking to create more in-depth plots and storylines to the game will be able to host Transformers lore-rich campaigns without being interrupted.

This game’s chat feature is an awesome way to make new friends, meet fellow Transformers fans, swap Alliance war stories, and host creative text-based games while Mission Energy and Raid Tickets recharge, I think that this addition will help make it a better experience for all players.

Brilliant thinking! I favor this :)
    Recruitment channel, Arena channel, AM strategy channel, off topic channel(for Transformers fans and roleplayers), information leaking channel >:) and more should be added
  • I cant stand all the role players my God my block list is over 100 people its ridiculous lol
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I cant stand all the role players my God my block list is over 100 people its ridiculous lol

The question is...

Why bother even going into global chat? It serves no purpose whatsoever.
    Manthro wrote: »
    I cant stand all the role players my God my block list is over 100 people its ridiculous lol

The question is...

Recruiting, asking for cutoffs and wasting your time
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440

The question is...

It really doesn't. You can use the Line App and find everything you need there and setup your own rooms, do your own thing and moderate your own chats as much as you like.
    Hired_Goon wrote: »

The question is...

It really doesn't. You can use the Line App and find everything you need there and setup your own rooms, do your own thing and moderate your own chats as much as you like.
    Exactly
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    I will rip open Blitzwing and every other roleplayer until roleplay has been destroyed!
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I turned off global within seconds of playing the game for the first time. Best decision I've ever made :)
  • I will rip open Blitzwing and every other roleplayer until roleplay has been destroyed!

This is meant to be taken ironically, right? If not, your ambition will fall far from success, as words on a screen hold only so much power.
  • Why are we necroing a months old post?
  • Drake6401 wrote: »
    I will rip open Blitzwing and every other roleplayer until roleplay has been destroyed!

This is meant to be taken ironically, right? If not, your ambition will fall far from success, as words on a screen hold only so much power.

It's a play on a line from Galvatron in the '86 movie.

I will rip open Ultra Magnus and every other Autobot until the Matrix has been destroyed!
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    I think it is freaking awesome people are having such a ball with this game to spend time roleplaying. More power to them! You grumpkins need to chill out.
  • Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't mind people RPing to their hearts content. I mentioned Line a long time ago in response to people asking for these channels in-game. My more recent comment is aimed at bringing an almost 4 month old post back to life is all.