Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

3* Optimus Prime mv1 vs 3* Optimus Prime Tactician

Which Optimus should I max out? Everyone said that mv1 must in first place but for me Tactician Optimus feels much better against Grindor. 3/30 Mv1 at the moment is very good against Bonecrushers and others

Comments

• MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Play the game however you like, rank up whichever you feel is best for your style of play. Tactician class is always at an advantage over brawler class, so CW Optimus will always be good over Grindor.
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    If you plan to raid at all, so long as the stupendously broken, idiotic harm accelerator is in the game, MV1 prime is hands down the most important character in the game and is a complete no brainer.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Optimus MV1 for base defense, he gets tons of armor and melee dmg increase stacks when he's low on health, also his bleed is pretty great for offense
    G1 Optimus high damage and armor break, he doesn't require his sign. abillity to be good
    It's your choice, I'm just giving my opinions but only upgrade MV1 Optimus if he's duped unless he won't have much use for base defense
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2017
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Optimus MV1 for base defense, he gets tons of armor and melee dmg increase stacks when he's low on health, also his bleed is pretty great for offense
    G1 Optimus high damage and armor break, he doesn't require his sign. abillity to be good
    It's your choice, I'm just giving my opinions but only upgrade MV1 Optimus if he's duped unless he won't have much use for base defense

Sorry but...

"Upgrade MV1 for base defense" is probably the worst possible advice (and use) of him. Just, no. Do not upgrade MV1 to utilize as a base defender.

His whole upside is being able to laugh in the face of harm accelerator and/or stacked bleeds in raids.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Basically any bot that can finish a fight quickly is good against harm accelarators. Since MV1 is a brawler class, people started to put HAs on tactitians. So I switched to Iron Hide to take down HA nodes with blue bots and it works really good.

Still good against the all so often BCs with HAs, but people seem to notice there is a hard counter for this and are mixing it up.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    P.S: he is right though, MV1 is really bad as a defender. I'm always like "cool, easy node" when I see one. Specials are way to easy to avoid.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Basically there's no bot who can finish a fight quickly in front of a Grindor with comparable points. So MVOP is THE MVP.