Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Poll: I enjoy the game more after the increase in AI difficulty

QliverQliver Posts: 54
edited June 2017 in General Discussion
Background: Contrary to the update notes, which stated that the AI difficulty in hard content would have decreased aggressiveness, raids and arena have now become much harder. Regardless of what this exactly means, the change is very noticeable. What are your opinions on this? Personally, the changes mean more frustration than fun, and is going to keep me from doing raids and the arena.

Poll: I enjoy the game more after the increase in AI difficulty 50 votes

Yes
14%
ManthroSprQ1081Pimplup淌过风的小拉Vivek619PwnageHijacker2531 7 votes
No
64%
Frugalli88JKLJay32rawrSTORMZZRugbyrobTalibPeyoteBigbowlrTerminalDavienStridurr0mega_SupremeNightmareFurnoFyrintenimarAnubisBadbeat123A2lex67BargSmirkyDrew 32 votes
I haven't noticed any difference
22%
WolfeJones117aCandKaneOnlyOneAboveAllCanuck33Gunz0ZapperHired_GoonKeymasterphilngreatladysman_417 11 votes

Comments

• KeymasterKeymaster Posts: 16
    make it harder
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    edited June 2017
    The AI doesn't bother me. The fact AI seems to be tied to chances to trigger abilities, that is annoying as hell. Since the patch I've found evade outright obnoxious... I have had Barricade evade every single special attack 9 or 10 times in a row on multiple occasions. I've also had BoneCrusher inflict bleed with EVERY SINGLE HIT, over and over and over. To the point BC in Arena can simply be a death sentence. On the flipside, seeing my own abilities fire less. One that certainly got hit with the nerf stick is Ratchet's stun chance on his s1 for example.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited June 2017
    No
    No. You can revert to "18000 chips = 100 alpha" or something like that. But please lower the AI, restore the heavy hit distance and reward us on defeating a bot, not defeating the whole base!

AI in Raid should be put into Arena where your true skill is tested. Raids are for farmers aren't they? I play the game to kill time, now frustration kills me.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    No
    2* arena during the mod arena seemed back to normal and not insane like during the first drift arena. Keep it like that ai.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I've noticed my heavies connecting more since I downloaded a tiny update two days ago.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Yes
    I haven't noticed much of a difference. While bots tend to evade and dodge a lot more, it is also much easier to bait them into throwing specials.

To me it's a wash, and all I really had to do was adjust my playstyle a little bit.

I enjoy the change.
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    No
    We're definitely not playing the same game. It is impossible to bait specials and they hold their power until the 3 bars are full. And they don't "tend" to dodge more, they avoid about 9 out of 10 heavy attack. And they also deal a lot more critical damages than before.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    No
    Gotta agree with Terminal; definitely something rotten in Denmark (at least in Arena anyway; story mode and missions seem unaffected).

But yeah, I'm glad my 2 star bots are maxed because that's the only way to win in arena past 25 and even then I'm getting some close 2 out of 3 wins that are real squeakers (and this is coming from one of the players who can hit 170-180 streak).

My strategy now is to just take an utter pounding until my special turns red and hope that whatever health I've managed to chip away from them is enough for the red special to finish the job. Definitely a little more stressful.

Maybe this will just mean that arena points will be lower since people will be losing streaks more often, but I don't think this new change to the AI will help promote the game; I think it will drive more people away or frustrate newer players. Better to just make it a grind-fest like it was before.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

• QliverQliver Posts: 54
    No
    I agree with most points here, but I think that the tiny update a few days back changed it back to normal. I feel like arenas are back to the way they were? Definitely not as much dodging going on in the raids either, at least not for me.

P.S. Ranged heavies are still useless in the arena to the point that you wonder why they are even in the game, but that's nothing new. Same goes for the regular bullets, making Bumblebee/Ultra Magnus tedious fights.
  • No
    I'm not sure if the AI is harder or just different. I have seen where the bots go god mode, dodging everything while dancing foreword to nuke me the second an action finishes. It feels very cheap when this happens.
    It's harder to connect with a heavy than it was pre patch. Before the patch, when cornered, opponent could not dodge my heavy unless evade proced. Now they do a magic dance step and take no damage. Now, I often have to bait the opponent into blocking and still have 50% chance they'll dance away and light me up with ranged spam.
    The ramped up AI is most noticeable in arena. I also see it in raids, but less consistent there. I'll fight several that are normal difficulty, then suddenly one bot will be absolute god mode. I haven't seen any pattern to this, so haven't figured out if anything triggers it or if it's random.
  • Hey All,

So, what we're seeing most here is complaints about the Opponent avoiding your Heavy Attacks more. Is that correct? Because while we definitely tuned down the aggression of the AI and made some changes to make it easier, the new tendency to evade Heavy Attacks was an unintended side effect of a correction to the heavy distance of some Bots.

This is something that we are researching and looking at finding a remedy for. I just want to reiterate that the AI has NOT been made more difficult, but this evading thing is definitely annoying.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    No
    Mike, thanks for addressing this and letting us know it's being looked at. Looking forward to an outcome that will bring a little more balance back.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Hey All,

So, what we're seeing most here is complaints about the Opponent avoiding your Heavy Attacks more. Is that correct? Because while we definitely tuned down the aggression of the AI and made some changes to make it easier, the new tendency to evade Heavy Attacks was an unintended side effect of a correction to the heavy distance of some Bots.

This is something that we are researching and looking at finding a remedy for. I just want to reiterate that the AI has NOT been made more difficult, but this evading thing is definitely annoying.

Tuning them to defense bias vs aggressive I think causing most this, they also don't use specials more often like it was stated I've spent 30 seconds to minutes circling to try to get them to use a special. But yes the heavy is majority of complaint
  • A2lex67A2lex67 Posts: 18
    No
    Please fix the arena bug.. I lost always my first fight.. that's not fair
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    In addition to the heavy, as was mentioned earlier, since patch occasionally AI goes god mode and is essentially unbeatable. AI specials just seem way too common. Like Barracade evading 15 straight times and also causing his special to trigger with every single ranged hit. I once had 4 stacks of power block from a single sequence of ranged attacks.

AI special abilities are firing WAY more than they used to. I dread hitting BC in arena with a 3x streak as I've seen every hit in a single combo cause bleed. So a single offensive combo is a game over. As was mentioned above, even without evade bots are doing this magic "don't hit me" dance at the screen edge, over and over, as if they all have evade. It's random how often it happens, but it does feel terribly cheap.

I like pretty much everything else about the patch, but the AI tuning was just bad. Worse the ability to bait special attacks is certainly no better either, so what you aimed to sort out is probably actually worse. I've had fights where I've spent MINUTES trying to get the enemy to use a special to no avail.
  • No
    Has anyone else had issues with opponents that do not have evade or unstoppable magically escaping mid combo or in the middle of a multihit special? It's happened to me in arena, raids, and the event missions. (I know some mods give evade chance, but I check mods pre fight and have been seeing this happening without a mod that would make it possible).
  • juliusjulius Posts: 66
    No
    This is more than just amazing. I also noticed that some bots, e.g. Grindor, can break out of the multihit specials, after the system is upgraded to 2.0. This has never happened before.

Has anyone else had issues with opponents that do not have evade or unstoppable magically escaping mid combo or in the middle of a multihit special? It's happened to me in arena, raids, and the event missions. (I know some mods give evade chance, but I check mods pre fight and have been seeing this happening without a mod that would make it possible).

• tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    Serapth wrote: »
    The AI doesn't bother me. The fact AI seems to be tied to chances to trigger abilities, that is annoying as hell. Since the patch I've found evade outright obnoxious... I have had Barricade evade every single special attack 9 or 10 times in a row on multiple occasions. I've also had BoneCrusher inflict bleed with EVERY SINGLE HIT, over and over and over. To the point BC in Arena can simply be a death sentence. On the flipside, seeing my own abilities fire less. One that certainly got hit with the nerf stick is Ratchet's stun chance on his s1 for example.

I can agree with this... I played a friend in arena who's bonecrusher's stats know to be similar to mine... Went bone vs bone... Nearly died just to bleed stacks, meanwhile I'm not sure I got a single one that didn't come from a special. Have only seen this kind of behavior in arena.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited June 2017

I've had this before the patch even, along the wall especially. Like if you are comboing them against the wall and then the camera changes angle they seem to be able to slip out of the combo. I've had it before where I'm comboing and then boom they special me all of the sudden.
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Tuning them to defense bias vs aggressive I think causing most this, they also don't use specials more often like it was stated I've spent 30 seconds to minutes circling to try to get them to use a special. But yes the heavy is majority of complaint

This times 1000. It's gonna be painful if we get in AM and waste over a minute to bait one special. I'm talking standing in front of them completely unblocked, nope not interested, just gonna waste the clock til you time out.
  • Hey All,

We've just pushed a change that should help address this Heavy Attack evasion thing. You'll have to make sure you're on the latest version of the game (2.0.2), and you'll want to restart the game to maker sure the server change is active.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited June 2017
    No
    Hey All,

We've just pushed a change that should help address this Heavy Attack evasion thing. You'll have to make sure you're on the latest version of the game (2.0.2), and you'll want to restart the game to maker sure the server change is active.

Thanks and kudos. Tested it, and it really reduces the chance of heavies being dodged. Sure, AI still dodges more often than they did 1.x, but that's a fine tuned balance between "no dodge at all, boring" and "permanent dodging, annoying". I'd say AI now dodges 4 out of 10 and suddenly Raid becomes a charm. I can now take out some 6000+ base with a 2500 squad and none of them are dead ( before the fix I simply can't get my hands on 5000+)

Thank you. Now about the heavy distance ... I think at least range-shrugging heavies (Mirage and WB) should have long distance, otherwise their heavies is not that useful against range abusers.