Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Alpha Sparks...How do yo get these?

I have my entire team waiting on 5 alpha sparks and I can not seem to get one, can someone please help??
Tagged:

Comments

• Greenie_81Greenie_81 Posts: 54
    Check the raid store. It's 18,000 raid chips for the first 100 essences. The cost will increase after your second purchase onwards. You need to get 10,000 essences to form 1 alpha spark.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Basically just be patient and either buy raid shields or wait for Kabam to make them easier to come by. Accruing more than about 5k raid chips WILL get you raided before the next batch recharges. High lvl betas can supposedly make 18k in 3 raid, but my medal count keeps getting busted back down to the 700-800 range whenever I try to seriously raid
  • Hey there dtclapper1031! Just to let you know, I have moved your thread into the correct forum section to help keep the forums clean and organized.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Alpha needs to come by easier.. my 3* bots are almost close to rank 3 now and will need lots of them soon.

18k for 100 shards of Alphas is ridiculous. Will take forever just to form 1 Alpha via raids.
  • You don't, at least not early on. I'm in the same boat, I've got many bots that have hit that Alpha brick wall.
  • This is a terrible issue, because the game itself has so much potential. I am having to play the same levels over and over, without Alpha sparks I am not strong enough to advance, they should never have even teased the players with the special story mission or chapter 3, no one can progress without these alpha sparks.
  • Spidey076Spidey076 Posts: 222
    Well it would be nice if there was an Alpha challenge like the tier 1 & 2 daily challenges that award spark shards on a specific day.

Maybe have an Alpha Challenge one a week where the reward is 25% of the shards you need so upon 100% completion in a months time you could get one Alpha spark. At least that pace would be a 100% fast than the snails pace I'm currently moving towards getting an Alpha spark.

Gr8 idea @Trailbreaker77 i hope kabam will see that
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    This is a terrible issue, because the game itself has so much potential. I am having to play the same levels over and over, without Alpha sparks I am not strong enough to advance, they should never have even teased the players with the special story mission or chapter 3, no one can progress without these alpha sparks.

There should be no reason you cannot complete chapter 3 without r4 bots most time my r4 tied up in am or defending.

• BallsMcCoyBallsMcCoy Posts: 3
    I posted a video on this to YouTube, if you'd like to check it out. It doesn't go too in depth but here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee89Gi8X4iE&t=8s
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    You must sacrifice your firstborn male heir to kabam in order to get alpha sparks.
  • Yo my alpha sparks still show locked. I have about 12000 raid points now but i dont want to continue saving them unless i know i can buy. I show a requirement therr at the bottom.but i have no idea what it is. Anyone got answers?
    You need 1200 raid medals to buy the essences
    In short, you need to have a high enough rank in raids to unlock all the purchases in the store.

It's not a one time thing either... If you drop below 1200 medals you get locked out of the high end purchases until you climb the ladder to the threshold again.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    You don't, you pay for them. It's called a paywall for a reason. Only that's the worst kind of paywall, I like the ones that are actually fun to play more.

Also I really don't think the game is in a state right now where you should sink money into it. But that's just my personal opinion.
    Please hear your community and make it easier to get Alphas Kabam... if you wanna milk from us at least make them more affordable to get.
  • SepSep Posts: 22
    Good news! They've made it easier! You can now buy them for fake money! How generous! A whole one will only cost you about 40 of your real world equivalent currency! What a bargain! Or, you know, you could buy a a console/PC game or something.
  • Hey Everybody,

As you all know, this game is pretty new. We're only just cracking the surface of what progression is going to look like as we move forward. That being said, we do know that this is a pain point for you all right now. Over time, this will get easier, and we are looking at ways to accelerate the rate at which you can obtain Alpha Sparks.

We have done a few things already, like introduced the Prime Challenge. Yes, that challenge is VERY hard, but that is one way for players to obtain it, if they so wish.

But this is not all. There is much more to come, so stay tuned!
  • DavementedDavemented Posts: 28
    Yeah, just so you know, this new payment method of getting Alphas is going COMPLETELY the wrong way. I really didn't think it was possible for you to get worse than "grind for a month to get an item all your characters need to advance", but you succeeded with "pay more than the cost of most entire games for a single item all your characters need to advance". Bravo on sinking lower than my basest expectations.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    Yeah, we all knew the buy an alpha spark for roughly $100 was going to be coming soon, but had hoped it wouldn't be so soon.

At least they scaled it in segments so you can at least mitigate the difference in progress vs heavy spenders by paying for part of one :l
    tekkn1kal wrote: »
    Yeah, we all knew the buy an alpha spark for roughly $100 was going to be coming soon, but had hoped it wouldn't be so soon.

At least they scaled it in segments so you can at least mitigate the difference in progress vs heavy spenders by paying for part of one :l

the latest Alpha offer is just that. 100 energon with escalating costs every 1k alpha shards. Unacceptable.

18k raid chips for (first purchase only) 1000 alpha shards.. unacceptable.

why make 3* upgrades so difficult? might as well remove the alpha requirements for them to reach max power? should only need alphas to upgrade 4* bots not 3*s!
  • DarkmantisDarkmantis Posts: 19

We have done a few things already, like introduced the Prime Challenge. Yes, that challenge is VERY hard, but that is one way for players to obtain it, if they so wish.

The challenge is not feasible without having Alpha-upgraded bots AND spending money; takes about $100 to complete even then apparently--the challenge to get an Alpha requires you to already have multiple Alphas, specific dupped 3* and 4* bots AND spend more money than an Alpha cost when it was sold...

Do you not see an issue with this "way to accelerate the rate at which you can obtain Alpha Sparks"?
    Davien wrote: »
    tekkn1kal wrote: »

the latest Alpha offer is just that. 100 energon with escalating costs every 1k alpha shards. Unacceptable.

18k raid chips for (first purchase only) 1000 alpha shards.. unacceptable.

why make 3* upgrades so difficult? might as well remove the alpha requirements for them to reach max power? should only need alphas to upgrade 4* bots not 3*s!

sorry it's 18k raid chips for just 100 alpha shards.. that would take you 100 purchases of that just for 1 Alpha.
  • w8stedw8sted Posts: 27
    What is being done to make the alpha spark more readily available?
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Have you not been on update? You can get 1200 essence a day from raids...
  • w8sted wrote: »
    What is being done to make the alpha spark more readily available?

Hey w8sted,

Like MustangJon mentioned above, there's been a huge change to Raids, as well as how many Essence you can gather daily from the Raid Store (as well as cutting the costs significantly). We've also just introduced our first Spotlight quest, which also offers a fairly decent amount of Alpha Spark essence in the 100% Exploration as well as first time completion rewards.

There are definitely going to be more events like that in the future, and we are still looking at ways to make Tier 1 Alpha sparks more accessible!
  • w8stedw8sted Posts: 27
    I look forward to it
  • With the change to raid store and the current event, getting alpha sparks is now faster. I've earned one so far and working towards another.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited July 2017
    I've looked at these spotlight missions and even for the hardest one it offers only 1/4 of a spark. That's not "alot" This means for one full spark I have to play this 4 times. To upgrade my 4* Prowl I have to play this 8 times for enough for 1 upgrade, not to mention the other bots that need it. That's not a good deal, and who had time for this? The missions arent up long enough to play through this many times.
    So far Kabam is very generous with the stuff you give for completing the quests..I've do well collecting bots and such, but they do not good if it's impossible to get what you need for upgrades.