Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Upcoming Changes to Arenas and Featured Bot Crystals [UPDATED July 5]

edited July 2017 in General Discussion
Commanders!

We would like to inform you of coming changes to the Arena Schedule, and a new feature in Arenas!

To give Commanders more variety in Arenas, and to introduce a brand new Arena, we will be adjusting the schedule for Non-Featured Bot weeks. This means that this will only affect the weeks where a new Bot is not being released, and is for Arenas of older bots.

Starting with the Arena that commences Thursday, July 6th, we will be shortening Featured Bot Arenas for Old Bots to 2-Days, and introducing a brand new Crystal Bounty Arena. Don’t worry, all Milestones in the Featured Bot Arena will be cut down by 1/3rd to compensate for the lost day.

What is the Crystal Bounty Arena? It’s a brand new Arena where Commanders can use their 1-Star to 4-Star Bots to earn Crystal Shards for new Bots. Top prize winners can take home 1000 4-Star Bot Crystal Shards, and 1000 3-Star Bot Crystal shards, and not to mention all of the great Milestone rewards along the way that consist of 1-Star Bot Crystals, Premium Bot Crystal Shards, 2-Star Bot Crystal Shards, 3-Star Bot Crystal Shards, and even 4-Star Bot Crystal shards! Just by completing all of the Milestones alone, you can gain 1000 4-Star Bot Crystal and 2000 3-Star Bot Crystal Shards!

So starting tomorrow, this will be the new cadence for weeks where we are not releasing a new Bot:

Thursday - Saturday - Featured Bot Arena
Saturday - Monday - Crystal Bounty Arena
Monday - Wednesday - Featured Bot Arena
Wednesday - Thursday - Mod Arena

For New Release bots, we'll be keeping the 3-Day Format, but changing up the schedule to have them run back to back. This will be their new Schedule:

Thursday - Sunday: Featured Release Bot Arena
Sunday - Wednesday: Featured Release Bot Arena
Wednesday - Thursday: Mod Arena

While we’re talking about new Bots, this is probably a good time to mention that we’ll also be making a change to crystals for new Bots. Starting with the next new Bot released, instead of only being available for 3-Days, the Featured Bot Crystal will be available for 7 days. That means Thursday July 13th, to Thursday July 20th.

But there’s still one more thing that we want to introduce. Auto-Fight is coming to the Arenas! Starting later today, you’ll be able to sit back and let your Bots do the fighting for you! Of course, just like Auto-Fight in Missions, the AI is probably not as effective as our Commanders, so we don’t recommend letting it do the hard fights for you.

That’s all for now Commanders! We hope you enjoy this new pattern of Arenas, and that the new Arena and Auto-Fight feature help you progress further and faster than ever before!

Comments

• ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    Wow! Great changes!
  • NightchrisNightchris Posts: 96
    Can you please let us know why auto fight is coming to the arenas? There's a legit reason why it wasnt introduced in MCOC. Why was that changed for this game?
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    edited July 2017
    it creates problems and fixes problems I'm cool either way
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    This sounds promising. Thanks guys! :)
  • UPDATE: We've decided to take this opportunity and make another change that we had planned for shortly in the future. I'll be updating the original post to reflect this momentarily.

There is now a change coming to the Schedule for New Bot Release Arenas. They will still be 3 Days long, but will now run on a different cadence. This will be their new Schedule:

Thursday - Sunday: Featured Release Bot Arena
    Sunday - Wednesday: Featured Release Bot Arena
    Wednesday - Thursday: Mod Arena
  • This is so awesome, hopefully we will have a create and customize a character mode eventually
  • ''Tis is quite the game changer
  • Really happy for the auto fight getting another available mode added. Also glad to see more availability for 4* bit shards. Can't wait to start saving those up. Fingers crossed for a 4* bludgeon in my future. :)
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    Im not sure how i feel about auto fights in arena. Going to drive scores up at least.
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    Auto fight is useless in the arena, our bots lose most of the fights against bots easily beatble manually. Too bad because this could have been very useful and save some time.
  • NightchrisNightchris Posts: 96
    Auto fight is useless and the 2 day rewards are awful for milestone and rank rewards. Arena will continue to struggle until you get out of MCOC's shadows and start doing something new.
  • AnubisAnubis Posts: 87
    I agree night Chris!!!
  • Nightchris wrote: »
    Auto fight is useless and the 2 day rewards are awful for milestone and rank rewards. Arena will continue to struggle until you get out of MCOC's shadows and start doing something new.

Sorry you feel that way. The good news is that we are 2 completely different games, even if we share some similarities, and there are lots of other modes in the game to play if Arenas aren't your thing! You can always Raid, or play the Stories, or Alliance Missions!
    After playing for a while today I do no like autofight in the arenas. Scores will go up because people can just set the phone down and hit a button every so often to get points. Easy to do while at work, sitting in traffic, at dinner, etc. There is no real game play here.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Nightchris wrote: »

Sorry you feel that way. The good news is that we are 2 completely different games, even if we share some similarities, and there are lots of other modes in the game to play if Arenas aren't your thing! You can always Raid, or play the Stories, or Alliance Missions!

If you want to implement auto fight in a 'usable' fashion, please consider:
    1. make all the three fights auto-connected. The reason is simple: since all the fights are scheduled, why do I need to click the 'next round' button? At least make a 5 seconds countdown before auto-click the next round.
    2. How about a "recommended lineup" feature which tries to give my 3 bots the most advantage?
    3. Then how about a full-auto fighting style when all my bots are auto-selected, auto lined up and auto sent to fight until all of them are on the bench?
    4. Well, why not make all the arena fight in the background, like away mission? Arena fight is completely independent of story, special and raid!
  • AnubisAnubis Posts: 87
    Kabam mike are you guys ever going to let more people win the 3* and 4* characters only letting 50 in 3* and only 5 people in the 4* makes people not want to put in all that work in and get nothing to show for in the end is super disappointing to say the least.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Wolfe wrote: »
    After playing for a while today I do no like autofight in the arenas. Scores will go up because people can just set the phone down and hit a button every so often to get points. Easy to do while at work, sitting in traffic, at dinner, etc..

Actually I think the opposite will happen: % based rank reward cutoffs will go down because of this. Top X players wont be effected at all - there's no way the top 5 or 50 arena grinders are going to use autoplay. Would you seriously risk your streak by letting an AI control your bots if you were going for top 5 or 50? No way.

% based rank rewards though, the number of people who get them depends on the number of people who hit the first two milestones (MS) in that arena. If only 1000 ppl get MS2, top 2% is just 20ppl. If the 20th ranked person gets 1m pts, then 1m is the cutoff.

But if 5000ppl get MS2, top 2% is 100ppl. Now it's not the 20th ranked person who creates the cutoff, but the 100th ranked! And their score will be much lower, so the cutoff goes down.

As you say, all the ppl in full time work who can let arena run itself while their working will be able to get low rank rewards, but auto play is too slow and unreliable to get top rank rewards, so those people will just be expanding the prize pool (they'll obviously get some rewards for themselves, but not likely top2%)

BTW, I hope no one does it sitting in traffic (if you're the driver) - besides endangering other people's lives, it's illegal.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Anubis wrote: »
    Kabam mike are you guys ever going to let more people win the 3* and 4* characters only letting 50 in 3* and only 5 people in the 4* makes people not want to put in all that work in and get nothing to show for in the end is super disappointing to say the least.

There are other rewards for arenas besides the featured bot. I do a lot of arena grinding, mostly aiming for top2%, but the gold returns help rank up a lot! And the energon returns help survive harder AM levels, or let me buy extra raid tickets etc. No one has "nothing to show for it"
  • OctivaOctiva Posts: 5
    @Mike, how come at win streak 15, the difficulty of the bots in the arena is still hard? I didn't see any changes to the winning streak.
  • Please make Auto-Fight for Raids too! :smile:
  • KingChris2KingChris2 Posts: 101
    Octiva wrote: »
    @Mike, how come at win streak 15, the difficulty of the bots in the arena is still hard? I didn't see any changes to the winning streak.

That's weird for me pass 15 streak it got easy.
    Arenas become hard after 20 victories, before they are really easy and the IA fights normally, after it's a complete different story.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Yeah after 15 you can more or less get a perfect streak until either the arena ends or the arena bug bites you. Getting to 15 is the hard part, from about 7-8 onward the AI gets progressively closer to perfect play, at 12-14 it's basically dumb luck as to whether you'll be allowed to win. If the AI says "no" then prepare for three bots that will dodge everything you try throwing at them and proceed to counter you with combos that chew up your life bar or, if you're unlucky, toss out a crit S2 that is apparently heat-seeking and will PULL YOU CLOSER TO ENSURE IT CONNECTS.
    Sorry, rant over. Point is, the AI shouldn't be staying hard after 15.
    The IA is easy until 20 victories, I repeat it again. The opponent moves normally and if you know how to play, winning will be a breeze. Try after 20 victories when the opponent is in God mode if you think the previous fights are hard! And even then, it's just a question of skills as you can basically win each fights.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    My streak is currently 37, just repeating what has happened to me is all. Maybe it varies by server?
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    edited July 2017
    3 star arena and 4 star arena are night and day. With fully maxed 2 star bots, you can go as high as you want to go, streak-wise in 3 star.

4 star is ridiculous because they've included 4 star bots into the match-up equation, so if you're running mostly 3 star bots, they'll all need to be r4/40 if you want to have similar results to 3 star arena. And forget using those rank 2 4 star bots. They give you more points, but after streak 15, they'll put you back up against hard opponents again and you'll most likely lose your streak; at least that's been my experience.
    Trailfire wrote: »
    Wolfe wrote: »
    After playing for a while today I do no like autofight in the arenas. Scores will go up because people can just set the phone down and hit a button every so often to get points. Easy to do while at work, sitting in traffic, at dinner, etc..

Actually I think the opposite will happen: % based rank reward cutoffs will go down because of this. Top X players wont be effected at all - there's no way the top 5 or 50 arena grinders are going to use autoplay. Would you seriously risk your streak by letting an AI control your bots if you were going for top 5 or 50? No way.

% based rank rewards though, the number of people who get them depends on the number of people who hit the first two milestones (MS) in that arena. If only 1000 ppl get MS2, top 2% is just 20ppl. If the 20th ranked person gets 1m pts, then 1m is the cutoff.

But if 5000ppl get MS2, top 2% is 100ppl. Now it's not the 20th ranked person who creates the cutoff, but the 100th ranked! And their score will be much lower, so the cutoff goes down.

As you say, all the ppl in full time work who can let arena run itself while their working will be able to get low rank rewards, but auto play is too slow and unreliable to get top rank rewards, so those people will just be expanding the prize pool (they'll obviously get some rewards for themselves, but not likely top2%)

BTW, I hope no one does it sitting in traffic (if you're the driver) - besides endangering other people's lives, it's illegal.

Just based on what I have seen so far there isn't a lot of danger losing the streak in 3 star arena. 4 star of course is a different animal.

A player isn't going to run just auto fights the whole time. I was more referring to the points they wouldn't normally accumulate because of doing other life stuff. They can (and would?) still play like normal if they are chasing high rewards.

I'm slightly interested in seeing how this turns out score wise but I do think scores outside the top 50 will go up with being able to do multi task and not really "play". Depends in the long run how much danger the streak is actually in.

Personally I feel the game lost a bit of fun with this feature. Points for just watching the ai fight. Might as well just give it the option to run in the background like was suggested in another post.
  • Octiva wrote: »

The "Streaks" are not a definite thing, and will always be changing as more and more people rank up bots and increase the strength of their rosters. We haven't made any changes to it, but your fellow players are getting stronger!
  • BobWeaverBobWeaver Posts: 2
    Starting with the Arena that commences Thursday, July 6th, we will be shortening Featured Bot Arenas for Old Bots to 2-Days, and introducing a brand new Crystal Bounty Arena. Don’t worry, all Milestones in the Featured Bot Arena will be cut down by 1/3rd to compensate for the lost day.

If I've done the math right, the rewards for the 3* arena top 1%-2% are way lower than they should be. Used to get a 3* crystal and 750 3* shards which total 2750 shards. Now after the shortened arena you only get 1000 3* shards. The math should be something more like 2750 * 2/3 = 1834 shards... That is a huge discrepancy unless my math is bad.
  • OctivaOctiva Posts: 5
    @ Mike normally I hit streak 15, no matter which arena, the fights goes easy. But recently after the update, the easy streak varies. Sometimes 16, sometimes 17 which is what I encounter so far. Not sure if it is an update bug or is it meant to be.
    But since you said it is suppose to vary, no problem by me then. Thanks Mike.