Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The Iron Hide Gambit - My Ultimate Goal at a Dupe 3* Iron Hide

The most difficult aspect of Forged to Fight is not the bosses, forming alliances, completing missions, defending your base or collecting bots. No, the MOST difficult and frustrating part of this game is collecting a decent Star rating of YOUR favorite bot. If there's a favorite bot you still don't have, I probably have it.... and more than likely, you have had my 3* Iron Hide for weeks now. Just the way it goes.

So this is my documented journey into the abyss of this impossible goal. How long will it take ME to obtain a Duplicate 3* Iron Hide? Especially considering I play at least an hour every day and plan to spend exactly $0.00 to get him?

I predict I will NOT get him by Christmas of this year 2017. IF I DO get him before then, I would be so ecstatic, I'd be willing to celebrate by offering every individual that supports me on here with $1.00 via PayPal. It took me a year to get a 3* Iron Man of CoC, so I know what I'm talking about and confident I'd win this bet.

So here we go!
Tagged:

Comments

• AGBanditAGBandit Posts: 113
    Day 19: I not only own a 2-Star Dupe Iron Hide, but today was the day that I was finally able to max him out. This is significant because I have a theory that Kabam may use an algorithm to scan my maxed out bots as an indicator of which specific bots I'm needing next.

Again, it's just a silly theory, but with 167 days to go until Christmas, I still see no signs of a 3* Dupe Iron Hide happening anytime soon. Funny... I've had a 3* Waspinator and Mirage for weeks now.... who wants these crappy things?

7xji8aetnfex.png
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Mirage crappy? He can take out Ironhide any day.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Mirage is great as an underdog bot, where you're significantly outclassed, power wise because he can control the fight. As a dominant bot though, I'd use someone else.

But I can sympathize. I'm looking to dupe my 4 star IH too.
    Day 20: Below you will see the results of my crystals for the day. I will always open at least 2 crystals daily thanks to my free daily crystal and my daily alliance crystal. Any crystals I ever open more than the allotted 2 are just the fruits of working my @$$ off to gain enough cubes to make the purchase from the day before.
    8cn2cnahad71.png
    ebusj5n69arf.jpeg
    krym5fn40rcq.jpeg
    (Satisfaction level = 33% Now I can use G1 Prime to defend my base...)
    • Mirage take out Ironhide? I'll post a youtube video proving otherwise as soon as I make it. Gonna expect those Agrees to come my way afterwards.
    • 4* IronHide? I just went from sympathy to jelly... really fast.

• nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    good luck! oh btw that is not g1 prime, but the combiner wars version (motormaster has the same mould as this version)
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    No one cares about what you are doing in the game. You're clearly a low level player, not playing enough to get good bots (yes, this requires time) and not even able to judge which bots are good or not (Mirage is one of the best Bot in the game, hands down, and if you can't beat Ironhide with him, you should go look for another game).

So please stop your useless spamming in this already full of spam forum and use this time to actually play the game!
  • SmirkyDrewSmirkyDrew Posts: 118
    Going to have to agree with Peyote, the forums are not meant to be a daily diary of every crystal you open up. Also mirage is a tech and can reduce signature damage and attack significantly, Ironhide is a demolition and would have a class disadvantage over him.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    edited July 2017
    Mirage demolishes Ironhide without even trying, his shield tanks Ironhide's specials down to scratch damage and he can chain stun off his S2.
    Mirage is a beast, probably the best Tech bot after Ratchet got nerfed. If Soundwave weren't my fave Decepticon of all time I would main Mirage
  • seeker1321seeker1321 Posts: 83
    tqgpgbnqibcp.png

As someone who has a duped 3* Ironhide I can tell you he is definitely a fun bot to use. I hope you get one.

The odds of getting one from your free daily crystals are extremely low, in fact the odds of getting one by spending energon to buy PBC are also super low. My advice would be to spend your hour a day playing, grinding in the Arena, getting enough points to get milestones that give 3* crystal shards, which will give you much better odds for a 3* Ironhide. Also the story mode will yield a couple of 3* crystals by completing the different acts.

Good luck
  • WunWun420WunWun420 Posts: 41
    I play this game for aprox 3 months, and I have 12x3* bots, 19x2*bots and 1 Grindor 4*! The hardest part was building bot scuads for arena. I curently max my 3 stars and have a lot of fun. The best way to get good bots is the arena as all the guys here on forum can confirm. Hope you get the bot u want, just dont quit, this game becomes better every single time you advance!
    Just used a Knight crystal to get 3* shards for a 3* crystal that opened to reveal:
    69gd7o9zf5zo.png
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    You know you could make a youtube channel and make vids about your progress
    Day 21: This game mocks me. Every post with a pic of a 3 or 4* IronHide mocks me. All it does is confirm my suspicions that Kabam KNOWS exactly which bot I want and will do everything in it's power to taunt me from getting it. They must be reading this thread ONLY to award everyone that posts here a 3* IronHide so they can rub it in my face. I could probably borrow one of your accounts, sign in as you guys with the 3* IronHides and it would magically disappear from your lineups because THAT'S how much they don't want me to have it!

Ok Rant over. I put in extra hours yesterday, so more crystal chances. I was NOT happy.
    7ffnlonm3nzq.jpeg
    Well at least I can update my base. Pfft. :|
    nfxzalwc9gz3.jpeg
    Forge Fodder. :(
    ykgi2dt3w76c.jpeg
    Figures. :(
    j0dzb0s1tj5h.jpeg
    Because Why Not? :(
    97e0tafcnaaf.jpeg
    Really?! Auurrgghhh!!! And I already own a Duped 2* SS! It's Base duty for this POS. :s

COMMENTS:
    • Thanks Nomisu, I knew he wasn't G1 but it's faster to type G1 than Combiner Wars or CW. And besides, the CW mold is an obvious nod to the G1 design.
    • You negative posts DO CARE... otherwise you wouldn't have posted here. Now to MAKE you prove my point you WILL continue to care by continuing to respond. See? Or am I using reverse psychology to keep you away? A lesser intelligence will obey.
    • I have yet to take on any Mirage with my 2* IronHide, but once I do, I'll show you how much I can destroy Mirage and record the proof.
    • Seeker, :(
    • WunWun, thanks for the data. It SORT of gets my hopes up. So I'm 3 weeks in and have 3 - 3*s... at this rate, I'm on par to have 24 - 3*s by Christmas and I promise you... NOT ONE OF THEM WILL BE IRONHIDE!
    • CandKane, :( For the love of... what's a Knight Crystal and how do I get them?
    • Gunz, Thank you sir! Great Idea... but I am NOT camera friendly. Still, maybe I'll do just screen capture and voiceover work. If it happens, all credit goes to you!
    Knight crystals were earned during the Last Knight event over the past month. Most of the event activities (special mission, raids, quests) awarded knight crystal fragments that can be redeemed under the "special" tab in crystals. You can't get any more now, but you have 4 days left to redeem what you have
  • AGBandit wrote: »
    The most difficult aspect of Forged to Fight is not the bosses, forming alliances, completing missions, defending your base or collecting bots. No, the MOST difficult and frustrating part of this game is collecting a decent Star rating of YOUR favorite bot. If there's a favorite bot you still don't have, I probably have it.... and more than likely, you have had my 3* Iron Hide for weeks now. Just the way it goes.

So this is my documented journey into the abyss of this impossible goal. How long will it take ME to obtain a Duplicate 3* Iron Hide? Especially considering I play at least an hour every day and plan to spend exactly $0.00 to get him?

I predict I will NOT get him by Christmas of this year 2017. IF I DO get him before then, I would be so ecstatic, I'd be willing to celebrate by offering every individual that supports me on here with $1.00 via PayPal. It took me a year to get a 3* Iron Man of CoC, so I know what I'm talking about and confident I'd win this bet.

So here we go!

ive already got a 3 star ironhide duped even though he s not my favorite
  • MaxBebopMaxBebop Posts: 481
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    You know you could make a youtube channel and make vids about your progress
    Agree, make a vid journal, if and when you do get it we'd like to see a "blastoise kid" reaction.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited July 2017
    *munches popcorn*

you know you could get Ironhide duped faster if you use that 1USD paypal dollar on buying featured bot crystals in the game. They have a better chance of getting good bots. PBCs suck only open them if u get them for free.

I disagree on F2P players most of the time. If you'd love a game a lot and spend so much time on it, why not spend a bit of money to make your life easier? You could spend on watching a movie you like, going on dates, buying the things like in real life.. so why not spend a bit on a game? Not asking you to dump your life savings on it but on good buys and promotions.. a $10-30 out of the few thousands that you earn a month is too much to ask for?

Game needs money to run too.. and players are the only source of it. Saying that all games should depend only on big spenders only is a lie (there are articles on how big spenders are the main source of income for mobile games).. Coz, in the end you'll be the one who feels the most frustration as you're expect everything good in game to go for free, and then whine about a freebie's experience. Wanna know the truth about F2P players in F2P games? Only feasible way is to grind.. and prepare to grind a whole lot compare to those that spend money in game for the things that you desire.

Just my 2 cents. Spend the money as you see fit is my TL;DR conclusion.. as long you spend within safe limits and boundaries. Money can buy some form of happiness.. and this is one of it - it's call making your gaming life slightly easier, bearable, and less stressful.
    Day 22: I apologize for the late update. I was debating on whether or not to just begin a short video blog (or is it vlog? Gen X here so that's my excuse.) or just type another journal entry and after much debate, I decided on both... for the time being. Just click on the day at the beginning to watch, or read the spoilers below!

kvd6ifnahdnp.jpg
    Might as well enjoy this... it's as strong a Prime as my favorite Bayformer is gonna get. :/
    yzr264dg0lnk.jpg
    Yea me... more forge fodder. blah. :(
    airbhiwlylu7.jpg
    Guaranteed 3*... and this is the $#!+ I get... UGH! :s
    9u35cusc8ty6.jpg
    I would've LOVED this grab... 32 YEARS AGO! :|

Why is it ALL 5 of my 3 Stars are G1 type bots... not a single 3 Star from the movies... guess they don't exist. They must be just for show. hmph.

COMMENTS:
    • So no more Knight Crystals? Well that's just prime.
    • Ultimatronus, so... I offer you $5 via Paypal for the rights to your account and you can have mine? Then we can end this madness now? No? It was worth shot.
    • MaxBeBop, Oh I intend to make Blastoise Kid look like friggin Eeyore IF a 3* IH falls in my lap.
    • Davien, Although, I completely see your logic and greatly respect and appreciate your honesty, I'm going to have to disagree with you on principal. Not gonna fake it or lie. Kabam doesn't like or appreciate me, nor do I them. Free to play to me is free to play for life. I strive and grind for my unicorn NOT because I'm cheap and can't afford to pay, but because of the principal of it all. OTHER people can get MY Ironhide for FREE ALL the time... so why can't I? It's like the old and/or irresponsible people that always win the lotto, awesome fortunes wasted on those that CAN'T or don't know HOW to appreciate what they got for free. This is MY lotto. I pay something now, and that mean's I BOUGHT my goal... almost like cheating. I want to WIN my goal... I wanna be a winner. And deep down... don't we all?
    Yes paying a bit doesn't guarantee you'll get Ironhide.. But likely in the process you'll get more 3* and 4*s that will make the journey easier especially in alliance events and arena. That's my point.
    edited July 2017
    One of my friends in the game.. He's been playing since launch. He grinds arena starting from 3* arena (using only maxed out 2*bots) and now look at his energon amount and level.. 100% free to play. Getting both 3+4* megatron by buying it in game too via the energons that he accumulated. In both 3* and 4* Arena he doesn't miss a recharge when he's awake to get more points. If you're as dedicated as him then my full respect to you.. Hence I mentioned the need to grind a lot as a free to play player.

tab0hx467e2q.png

Day 23: Vlog
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    Since you're doing a vlog now, does this mean no more whining, just links to your gripe-of-the-day? You're sounding like a kid throwing a tantrum just because you're not getting what you want. Even the people that pay aren't always guaranteed to get the bot they want, so look at it that way with some measure of gratitude--you're not getting your 3* Ironhide just like most people that pay aren't getting it, you're just in the camp that doesn't spend money to not get it.
    Day 25:

COMMENTS:
    • Davien, Kudos to your friend. Wish I had every waking free hour to invest in my goal... or on second thought... maybe not. Nah, just an hour here or there per day is in of itself pushing the envelope enough towards not really having a life. That's not to say what he's doing isn't impressive in it's own right though.
    • Halloweendm, Not really, now I whine more efficiently. Has it not occurred to you that this thread is my coping mechanism that helps as a form of personal therapy? Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to post and say what we want. And as long as I'm not personally attacking anyone, you have the right as well to ignore and avoid this thread. If it irritates you so much... I'd recommend it in fact.
    BONUS:
    MaxBebop wrote: »
    Mirage crappy? He can take out Ironhide any day.

Not this day. Not when I control IronHide.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Come on, start a youtube channel that always focus on crystal opening videos like Mr. LT so we can here you say 'Oh my god ahhhhhh!!!' after getting a 4* bot. Posting your progress in the forum is not a good idea
    Day 26

COMMENTS:
    • Gunz0, I must be too old... I thought that's what I was doing... Oh but like Mr.LT?! (Had to research him). First off, THAT'S HIS JOB... My JOB does NOT afford me the time and/or resources to pull of his production values. Nope. I'm not running a youtube channel, sorry. I'm running a therapeutic Forged To Fight Journal... in public.
  • seeker1321seeker1321 Posts: 83
    I almost feel bad sharing these, but I hope you see them as they are meant, IH is out there and you will him, it just takes time. Since my post earlier in this thread I was able to dupe my 3* again, as well as get a 4*

nsa73olugs10.png
    My 3* dupe came from a calendar reward crystal and my 4* came from a 4* crystal

after getting the 2000 4* crystal shards needed to purchase one.
    jep57ue4hmpk.png
    Yes paying a bit doesn't guarantee you'll
    AGBandit wrote: »
    Day 25:

COMMENTS:
    • Davien, Kudos to your friend. Wish I had every waking free hour to invest in my goal... or on second thought... maybe not. Nah, just an hour here or there per day is in of itself pushing the envelope enough towards not really having a life. That's not to say what he's doing isn't impressive in it's own right though.
    • Halloweendm, Not really, now I whine more efficiently. Has it not occurred to you that this thread is my coping mechanism that helps as a form of personal therapy? Freedom is the right of all sentient beings to post and say what we want. And as long as I'm not personally attacking anyone, you have the right as well to ignore and avoid this thread. If it irritates you so much... I'd recommend it in fact.

he only farms when he's awake. It's call dedication. When you're 100% free to play then that's the efficient route to go else prepare for a longer grind.
    Day 32:

I've hit the one month mark of solid playing and still no hope in sight...
  • Slibby8803Slibby8803 Posts: 115
    I just pulled a three star and my second four star was ironhide lol.
This discussion has been closed.