Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bots able to evade while stunned. Bug, or intentional? [Under Investigation]

NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
edited July 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
I am getting tired of losing large chunks of health in AM from this strange mechanic. Essentially, it often happens when I use Bludgeon against Barricade. One of my attacks stuns him, so I charge in to do some damage while he's incapacitated. I then see an 'evade' message, and he proceeds to counter-attack me. When he 'evades' he breaks the stun, regardless of how long was left on the stun timer, essentially turning my advantage into a disadvantage.

It seems counter-intuitive that a bot is able to 'evade' while stunned, and this has affected me numerous times.

Maybe someone from Kabam can comment as to whether this is a bug, or is working as intended? If it is a bug, can it please be added to the known bug list?

Thank you.

Comments

• SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    I've been noticing a slightly different situation, but very similar. For the past few days I've been noticing it occur more often as I charge into to hit the opposing bot, and actually watch fists or blades pass through the bot, not once, but often a couple times with no effect, to then have the opponent bot use a special against me.

There almost seems to be a delay in the activation of the special that the bot doesn't do anything and my swings go right through them with no effect. I notice this most often when fighting against VM1 Prime and Barricade.
  • Well that is odd. Have you only seen this in Alliance Missions? If not, can you tell us where else, who were you using , and who were you facing?

We'll have the team investigate the situation, but don't add anything to the known bugs list until we can confirm that it is indeed happening and start to work on it.
  • KingChris2KingChris2 Posts: 101
    edited July 2017
    I hardly attack Barricade when he has is evade buff on. Only attack him when he does not have his evade buff on.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    I've seen this loads of times with all bots that have evade skills in all segments of the game.

For instance I never fire ranged attacks at Arcee when she's stunned because it instantly ends the stun

It's weird that evade should override stun, but it definitely does in all instances
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    edited July 2017
    (By "all instances" I mean, it's not just a quirk of two particular bots. Obviously evade doesn't proc 100% of the time, and it needs to proc to prematurely end the stun, but I've had it happen in loads of different combinations of bots in arena, raid and story fights including on bots who only have evasion due to a mod like NBM. Not usually in AM because I'm too cautious to trust stun in AM)
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    SaYnT wrote: »
    I've been noticing a slightly different situation, but very similar. For the past few days I've been noticing it occur more often as I charge into to hit the opposing bot, and actually watch fists or blades pass through the bot, not once, but often a couple times with no effect, to then have the opponent bot use a special against me.

There almost seems to be a delay in the activation of the special that the bot doesn't do anything and my swings go right through them with no effect. I notice this most often when fighting against VM1 Prime and Barricade.

agree. i've seen this many times before when the AI bot is charging forward.. it will render your range skill useless (like 2-3 shots all missing the AI). And the enemy is not even swiping left or right just straight charging at you!
  • SaYnTSaYnT Posts: 87
    To add to the issue, yesterday I had bumblebee evade out of Drift's special #2 during a Raid. The first hit with Drifts blade hit, and then bumblebee evaded out of the second swing some how? He jumps out of punch combos all the time but I fail to see how he should be able to do that in a special?
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    I've had this happen to me. Not just in AM missions though. I get the Stun message and without ANY stunning, they just backstep or sidestep--yes, actual movement not just the word Evade popping up.
  • NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    Yes, nothing seems to have changed. If I hit a bot with Ramjet for a long stun, I'm allowed to pound them for the full 3 seconds, so it appears hits don't break stun in normal circumstances. However, I often manage to stun bots like Barricade with a heavy from Bludgeon. I then throw a knife at them, and they evade it, immediately breaking the stun.

I don't even bother to charge at a stunned Barricade anymore, because I'm wary of his evade and counter-attack. It really makes the stun effect next to useless on bots with evade.

Is this working as intended, or should stun prevent the evade mechanic? Evade seems to be very powerful, as it allows them to avoid the attack, and eliminate the remaining stun duration.

Can some Kabam people try playing the game? Ramjet or Bludgeon versus Barricade is a great way to see the stun/evade combo in action. Once you confirm it for yourselves, maybe you can inform us that it's working as intended, or else fix it?

@Kabam Miike

• Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    To add to the issue, yesterday I had bumblebee evade out of Drift's special #2 during a Raid. The first hit with Drifts blade hit, and then bumblebee evaded out of the second swing some how? He jumps out of punch combos all the time but I fail to see how he should be able to do that in a special?

I’ve had the same with Arcee with a bot that shoots something in a special. She’s evaded Soundwave’s, Hot Rod’s, and Galvatron’s S2 after getting hit with the first attack.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Darm0k wrote: »

I’ve had the same with Arcee with a bot that shoots something in a special. She’s evaded Soundwave’s, Hot Rod’s, and Galvatron’s S2 after getting hit with the first attack.

I am facing this issue since day one. Arcee, Sideswipe, Barricade & both Bumblebees always evading my sp1& 2 in the middle whoever bot I use so I am always saving my sp until I got 3 bars to make sure they will not evade during the animation of sp3.

• Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I have just been taking it as part of their evade ability. However, as for what Nutjob is experiencing, I don’t think they should evade while stunned.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Darm0k wrote: »
    I have just been taking it as part of their evade ability. However, as for what Nutjob is experiencing, I don’t think they should evade while stunned.

same here. I didn't think it was right but thought it is what it is...just like when I can clearly see my bot hitting the other bot but because they activate their sp, i guess it take precedent regardless of how late it is.

I hate fighting bumble in stage 1 of map 3 because of this. It's ridiculous. I'm putting him away only to have him evade in the middle of my sp and then to give me a sp of his own. It pretty much kills that bot for the rest of the AM.