Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Shockwave thoughts

So I've been playing around with the 2* Shockwave that came with the most recent daily card (forgot the name of the crystal) and I had a few thoughts on him.
1. He uses a gun alt-mode, clearing the way for G1 Megatron!
2. He seems to play as an intended counter to Megatron, which makes sense since he's a tech bot, but I think he's almost more effective against Ratchet.
3. His synergy is junk. Mirage and Soundwave are awesome, but who's going to build a team of 5 Tech bots?
Any other thoughts on our coldly logically fellow with the adorable pink mittens?
Tagged:

Comments

• DreadspectreDreadspectre Posts: 123
    Synergy is my only gripe. I haven't used my 2* at all but yeah, full tech team is probably never going to work.

Does he get more synergies on 3 and 4*? I feel like I've seen bots have different synergies depending on their star ranking but maybe I'm wrong.
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    I think he should have more at 3 and 4
  • He seems like a great counter to Ironhide and Megatron, more so Megatron. Really happy he is finally here.
  • nomisunomisu Posts: 307
    edited July 2017
    agree that his synergy is sux for now. hope it gets a tweak for the better.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Synergy is my only gripe. I haven't used my 2* at all but yeah, full tech team is probably never going to work.

Does he get more synergies on 3 and 4*? I feel like I've seen bots have different synergies depending on their star ranking but maybe I'm wrong.

If you run a full tech team, that entire synergy needs to be called Revenge of the Nerds.
  • Just want to throw something in here... Shockwave actually has possibly the most powerful set of Synergies, but you have to look for the incoming Synergies... The ones that OTHER bots give him!
  • KingChris2KingChris2 Posts: 101
    Just want to throw something in here... Shockwave actually has possibly the most powerful set of Synergies, but you have to look for the incoming Synergies... The ones that OTHER bots give him!

Thanks for the tip.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Just want to throw something in here... Shockwave actually has possibly the most powerful set of Synergies, but you have to look for the incoming Synergies... The ones that OTHER bots give him!

I hadn't really examined that, thanks Mike!
  • And then comes the nerf
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    A discount Magik from Mcoc
    Without synergies, he'd be average

And then comes the nerf

Don't you remind them of doing that
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    That was the first thing I looked at.

Still requires you to run a full tech team which is fun come Demo Daily but otherwise not so viable unless you already outclass the content. But it's fun to play otherwise boring grinds. Guess not every bot has to be contender for AM.
  • I love his Soundwave and Rhinox synergies!!!!
  • Slibby8803Slibby8803 Posts: 115
    Davien wrote: »
    i dislike his color very much. reminds me of some gaypride color. Hence I will not invest in getting his 3 or 4* version.

This is the quote of a person who is not comfortable with their own sexuality. I urge to seek professional help. Gay pride is the rainbow btw. Purple is just a really cool color, that in many cultures and history means royalty as it was a hard pigment to produce.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I'm not a huge fan of his color either, I would've preferred more violet than what he has, maybe darken the pink to a magenta. It may just be my phone's display though, and I do like how the G1 designs seem to "pop" compared to the Bayverse bots.
    edited August 2017
    i dislike his color very much. reminds me of some gaypride color. Hence I will not invest in getting his 3 or 4* version.

Seriously? Go grab a wooden club and lurch back to the stone age, bud. Real men rock pink, it's boss ;)

I lol'd only because it shocks me that people have the nuts to still post ignorance and bigotry like this in 2017.

Besides...Who could ever forget the original badasses that made it legit:

1rj5bbsbojd5.png

• ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    I actually like the idea of a full tech team. If you build a really strong team it schould always have a quirk or a downside ;)
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    Manthro wrote: »

Seriously? Go grab a wooden club and lurch back to the stone age, bud. Real men rock pink, it's boss ;)

I lol'd only because it shocks me that people have the nuts to still post ignorance and bigotry like this in 2017.

1rj5bbsbojd5.png

Bret Hart was the beezknees! Freaking pink-spandex-wearing badass.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758

1rj5bbsbojd5.png

you may be ok with it but not me.. so yeah. just giving my feedback on its color that's all.. should make it a darker purple instead of putting in so much pink.
  • Ugh! Regardless of where anyone stands on the issue, how about just leaving any sexuality OUT of Transformers? Cool pic of the Hart Foundation--always liked watching them wrestle when I was a kid. Not a great pic of the Anvil though, looks like he's sporting more cameltoe than a Kardashian.

To me, Shockwave looks ok. His colors seem maybe a little off to his G1 coloring, but I haven't seen any bot 100% copy to their G1 version (those based on it)--and yes, I understand that many of them are Combiner Wars or whatever is going on with IDW right now and I'm fine with that since CW is basically a continuation of G1.

His specials are nothing spectacular. His heavy would look 100% better if it was an actual beam he fired instead of a pea or whatever (he is a ray gun, not a pea shooter). Its maybe neat the first time you see it when he takes out a gun (of his alt form) and shoots, it but that neatness is lost as soon as you realize "why would someone with a gun on the end of their arm need to take out another gun to shoot someone?" Why not just have him do maybe a double tap with his arm gun in place of one shot from arm and one from a pistol? Its just plain lazy to make a guy who changes into a gun and has a gun on the end of his arm have to take out another gun to blast something.

His special 1 and 2 seem uninteresting and are definitely forgettable. Special 3 is ok for its animation, but they all seem like they could have come out better if some effort were put into it. Seems to me like he was done lazily or he was rushed. I'm talking appearances here, not what he can do or his abilities or whatever. I'm learning the bots I like and enjoying the game, but probably 90% of my enjoyment is seeing some of the Transformers from the cartoons/comics/toys that I grew up with. Like the Michael Bay movies overall, I have little interest in the Bayformers in the game and pretty much only use them to boost the multiplier in Arena matches.

Overall, I like Shockwave, but I'm fairly sick of Tech bots right now (yes, happy that I have a few 3*, but not happy that most of them are the rest of the Tech bots). Yes, Shockwave is a scientist and all, but with his focus on logic, it seems like he could have made a decent Tactician--that also puzzled me about Prowl being a Scout also. Maybe he changed in Combiner Wars, but being the guy that Prime goes to for plans and strategies, it seems Tactician would have been a better fit for him too.

1rj5bbsbojd5.png

you may be ok with it but not me.. so yeah. just giving my feedback on its color that's all.. should make it a darker purple instead of putting in so much pink.

You are missing the point. It's totally fine to not like pink. It's describing your distaste for it by referencing it as "gay" or "gay pride" or any other slur along those lines is not cool, nor acceptable. It reflects nothing but hatred, intolerance and ignorance towards people. It'll bite you in the ass one day when you let a phrase like that slip in the wrong setting.

It took my generation (and admittedly myself personally) a very long time to scrub crap like that from our vocabulary, because it was sadly part of casual conversation in school during our youth. Only in hindsight did we realize the impact of what we were saying.
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    What has this thread turned into lmao
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    gtj7s869ewlh.jpg

^I don't see any hint of pink for the original Shockwave from the Gen 1 cartoons. That's the point i'm saying.
  • I've cleaned up this thread because it was getting weirdly offensive. Let's remember to keep these conversations on topic, and polite.

Also, I got the team to show me the Model they based our in Game Shockwave off of.

iq18ij0allnc.png
  • I've cleaned up this thread because it was getting weirdly offensive. Let's remember to keep these conversations on topic, and polite.

Also, I got the team to show me the Model they based our in Game Shockwave off of.

iq18ij0allnc.png

@Kabam Miike has post that, now stop talking about Shockwave's gender, you have seen his original design.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I've cleaned up this thread because it was getting weirdly offensive. Let's remember to keep these conversations on topic, and polite.

iq18ij0allnc.png

Hey, I actually liked that design
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Gotta say, I'm really liking Shockwave. Right now he might be my favourite bot to play (even though I only have him as a 2*)

I agree his colour scheme seemed a bit odd at first, but whatever, in the actual fights he looks cool. And I like that he has a unique fight style and his own sound effects and his special attacks are fun

Tech class over all is probably the coolest at the moment.
  • DecorusDecorus Posts: 3
    I love Shockwave
    The Hot Pink needs to go it hurts my eyes.
    The real problem I have is Grimlock and Shockwave are enemies.
    In the Original Comic the Dinobots were created to fight Shockwave.
    Shockwave should have a synergy with Grimlock.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    @Kabam Miike I would argue that the model itself is fine, it is the palate that was used that is a bit odd, even more so after seeing the model.

This is just a crude example to make a point, so it isn't exact, but you can see how much more menacing he looks now, whereas the current in game model looks a little goofy.

ty120zxf6it5.png

h2wvllleg9zh.png