Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Overheating - game slow down

2»

Comments

• I'm sharing these in hopes to help get this situation resolved,Just from this morning:

• 2uy8z4w0e2ou.png
    58cdift2ctxh.png
    Crash on load for raid
  • Guys, I think it's getting worse not better. It seems to spread like disease. What I'm saying is I only used to have this issue in RAID. Then it started showing up in STORY MISSIONS, next it spread to SPOTLIGHT, and now I have it showing it's ugly head in ARENA. It's becoming more persistent as time goes on. I feel like by the time Christmas rolls around the game will be completely unplayable even if I were willing to go through the constant crash,reload,penalty cycles. It really sucks because I like this game a lot and I'd hate to let alliance mates down if I had to give this one up as a lost cause
  • Raptor22Raptor22 Posts: 111
    edited August 2017
    Hate to bring this issue up again... but I'll try to be constructive here and hopefully this can be helpful to some:

New Observation:
    So at certain locations (aka "work" haha), the wifi is very weak or virtually non-existent. Therefore I am forced to use LTE/4G. And I have noticed this slows the heat buildup GREATLY while the phone is plugged in charging with screen brightness at around 25%! I've been noticing this pattern as I just let the game/missions run itself on Auto (while I work :p)

So I did another experiment at home tonight;

1) With wifi ON: I play for 5 minutes at home. Within 2 minutes, the backside of the phone was heating up immensely as many of us have described it. To a point where it gets pretty hot to handle. After 5 mins, the game was lagging and crashed once.

After allowing the phone to cool down for 10 minutes back down to normal temperatures, I played the game again...

2) This time with wifi OFF. After 10 minutes of playing, there is very slight warmth in back of the phone but I would say probably at least 80-90% less heat! There was no lag, nor did it crash.

So hopefully this may extend the playing time for you guys. You may, or may not, experience the same thing and may or may not get the same results that I got, but at least I can verify this observation.

PROS: Extend playing time.
    CONS: Uses up data on your plan.

Is this a good fix? No... but at least you can play the game more than just a few minutes before shutting it off or it shutting off on you.

So the problem may have to do with something with the battery + wifi antenna or something of that combination.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I'm sure this has been answered at some point, but has anyone noticed if keeping Line open at the same time has any effect on heat build up?
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    CandKane wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been answered at some point, but has anyone noticed if keeping Line open at the same time has any effect on heat build up?

No.

• STORMZZSTORMZZ Posts: 57
    It's blatantly over heating and crashing left, right and centre in any mode since global launch, any stability fix news?
  • Hi Guys,

I have followed this thread because I have the same overheating problem! Since last it is even worse than before. I have an Iphone 7 Plus 256 GB and TFTF is the only application that overheats my device. Today I wanted to finish the new released story chapter and I had the unpleasant surprise to see that after only 20 nodes my phone started to be slower and the screen started flickering! I let him cool down and repeated the tryout 3 times with the exact same results!

I don't want to sound like a crybaby but this device is around 1200$ and I am seriously worried about the integrity of it!!! I can barely touch my phone after 50 energy use?!?!

Please @Kabam Miike and the rest of the team give us some answers about it, it is very important, more important than bugs and graphics glitches because it's about our safety, and our devices!

Have a nice day
  • Frugalli88Frugalli88 Posts: 148
    For a while, the overheating was manageable. Since the 3.0 update...it has gotten a lot worse. 15 mins is about the average time I can play before getting the slideshow fights. Hopefully some optimization will be coming soon.

iPhone 6S plus, 128GB, 10.3.3 version
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Well after completing rok and essentially running game for 10 hours straight on my 7plus which normally freezes and stuffers after few fights. Phones definitely produce excessive heat and phone cases magnify this.

I run otterbox full case, I took it off for rok run and other than phone getting significantly warm in hand I did not have any slideshow action.

But I cannot run phone without case most times too dangerous to drops at work. And this is only game that's ever done it. Had same problem with my 6s plus
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    I have been experiencing a lot of overheating as well since the latest update. Takes about 10 min before it gets really hot. Also, battery drain is way worse with the lateset update.

iPhone 7 -32g -iOS 10.3.3

Please fix so we can play!
  • * Overheating approximately 15 minutes after playing.
    * Extreme FPS decrease that makes the fight turn into a really bad powerpoint presentation (usually happens if I pause a fight and come back a few minutes later).
    * Instant crashes on some occasions.
    * Serious battery drainage.
    * Recommendation: Allow for graphics optimization within the game. Many players don't care about breakable environments. I want to see the robots fight as realistically as they could.

- iPhone 6s - 64gb - iOS 10.3.3
  • IvanTyIvanTy Posts: 55
    Fps decrease slow down after 30 min of gameplay.
    Device heats up in raids,am and story missions.

Samsung S8+ - 64gb - Android 7.0
  • Raptor22Raptor22 Posts: 111
    iPhone 7 Plus - iOS 10.3.3 - Latest update for TFTF

Before the latest update the heat build up would start around 7-10 mins into the game.

Now it's 3 minutes into the game since the latest update from this previous week. I have to use ice packs underneath the phone for some decent playing time. Ice packs are expended (temperature and rigidity) roughly after 40-45 minutes after letting the game continuously run.

It has gotten worst.
  • BubianBubian Posts: 82
    I can not play on my phone anymore. It's too choppy and laggy.
  • I can confirm this! iPhone 6S, IOS 10.3.3, the phone heats up a lot after 15 minutes of playing then after that the battery seems to drain super fast too, I know for a fact this is because lithium-ion batteries of iPhones can not handle too much heat.

HOWEVER, I noticed that if I hold an ice pack on back of my phone while playing or if I stick it in the fridge before playing the issues lessens ( i know I sound CRAZY but this is true you can look it up )

Thanks kabam keep doing what you do.
  • Even when phone is not heated, I'm getting very choppy fights. iPhone 6s+, latest updates and plenty of free space
  • Ok after further quick testings with 2 iPhone 6S's i can confirm that it seems the problem is purely the temperature, the battery drain on the normal iPhone is around -1% every 30-60 secs while the "ice packed" iPhone was around -1% every minute or two.
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    @Kabam Miike can we get on update on this.... this is still a problem....
  • I start the air conditioning in the car and Ensure that the cooler ducts are faced towards the back of my phone as I play. This is when my phone heats up while waiting in the car. At home I have a USB powered fan which I connect to my PC. I'll let it blow against the back of my phone as I play. The other way is take a break. Throw the phone in the freezer for a minute. You could also place your phone on a marble or metallic surface. Bathroom tables tops are good too. Or you could just play under shade in the day or in an air conditioned environment. If the signal is bad in your area, trying to play the game in that area will cause your phone to heat up fast as I suspect it will be working doubly hard to get a stable connection. Just some of the ways I have tackled this overheating issue since beta days.
  • CringeCringe Posts: 26
    Dude above is right ^
    iOS 11.0.3 iPhone 6s reporting! (Plenty of space, well optimized phone settings)

The game causes the phone to overheat less now (maybe because I changed phones) however the battery drain is still huge!!
    We need an option in settings to decrease the graphics. I would rather have better gameplay than amazing visuals Kabam!

Thanks.
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Cringe wrote: »
    iOS 11.0.3 iPhone 6s reporting! (Plenty of space, well optimized phone settings)

The game causes the phone to overheat less now (maybe because I changed phones) however the battery drain is still huge!!

That also could be the iOS as well. I have the 7 Plus and upgraded to 11 when it came out. Between the insane battery drain and the fact that only 3-4 matches in I couldn't play because my frame rate dropped to 5fps, I downgraded back to 10.3.3. Thankfully I did it when I did because I between Apple locked the downgrades.

Battery drain was also a result of the OS.