Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

@kabammiike, when's the stability fix coming?

Any idea if and when a stability fix for Nvidia shield k1 tablet or tbh a stability fix for the persistent crashing, overheating coming any time soon? Seems a lot like nothing has been said by you or moderators that has told us this will be fixed soon. The games been out for ages now and having crashes over 30 a day and ever overheating issues during raids, special events , everything basically. People are getting bored and want an answer please. I'm quite happy to let someone lead my alliance and stop playing if you admit nothing has been done just that you have no idea when or if you're going to be able to fix it. Just a straight up answer so I don't have to waste nor plenty of people's time man.
Tagged:

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited August 2017
    Not for nothing... Nvidia, since back in the old Pentium 90 days and their hardware race with ATI, has always had a history of weird issues with their GPU drivers causing crashes with all sorts of games.

@STORMZZ By chance have you checked if there is an updated video driver or firmware that might help the problem from your end?

No troll, just trying to help.
  • ToxieAvengerToxieAvenger Posts: 68
    edited August 2017
    Manthro wrote: »
    Not for nothing... Nvidia, since back in the old Pentium 90 days and their hardware race with ATI, has always had a history of weird issues with their GPU drivers causing crashes with all sorts of games.

@STORMZZ By chance have you checked if there is an updated video driver or firmware that might help the problem from your end?

You don't install graphic drivers on an Android Tablet. He isn't talking about a graphics card, he is talking about the Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet. Kabam is very familiar with the device. They worked together with Nvidia to add special optimizations and graphic options to Marvel Contest of Champions that were only on the Shield. Seriously, go read the interview they had with Nvidia and how heavily they hyped/promoted the device.

Now cut back to Transformers: Forged to Fight, and all of those optimizations and improvements were tossed out the window. Since the TFTF 2.0 Patch (June 14), the game has failed to launch on the Nvidia Shield Portable. Thats right, a device Kabam was promoting all of one year ago, cannot play TFTF at all. Luckily, I also own a Nvidia Shield Tablet, so it's not the end of the world. But there has been thread after thread made here on the forums about Nvidia Shield related issues: NONE of which have been resolved.

So, as an owner of the most powerful Android tablet on the market, all I can do is sit around and wait for Kabam to step up their game. We are on month 5 of waiting now though, so don't hold your breath.
  • STORMZZSTORMZZ Posts: 57
    ToxicAvenger, amen brother , we can but try get an answer.
    edited August 2017
    @Manthro , I don't know who is the biggest troll on here, you or Jon...you both talk lots of bs but with no substance. Surprised you actually get any gaming done little boys. Bless ya.
    edited August 2017

You don't install graphic drivers on an Android Tablet. He isn't talking about a graphics card, he is talking about the Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet. Kabam is very familiar with the device. They worked together with Nvidia to add special optimizations and graphic options to Marvel Contest of Champions that were only on the Shield. Seriously, go read the interview they had with Nvidia and how heavily they hyped/promoted the device.

Now cut back to Transformers: Forged to Fight, and all of those optimizations and improvements were tossed out the window. Since the TFTF 2.0 Patch (June 14), the game has failed to launch on the Nvidia Shield Portable. Thats right, a device Kabam was promoting all of one year ago, cannot play TFTF at all. Luckily, I also own a Nvidia Shield Tablet, so it's not the end of the world. But there has been thread after thread made here on the forums about Nvidia Shield related issues: NONE of which have been resolved.

So, as an owner of the most powerful Android tablet on the market, all I can do is sit around and wait for Kabam to step up their game. We are on month 5 of waiting now though, so don't hold your breath.

So, as I said... Nvidia and their usual claim to the "most powerful" whatever... Whether it be a graphics card, tablet or cold fusion generator, always has issues with their hardware that causes this nonsense.

Go look at the history of GeForce cards and how many exclusive patches had to be released by developers to get their games to work on Nvidia hardware.

I wouldn't have expected anything different from their tablet. This is why I asked if there were any updates from Nvidia that might improve performance.

Nope not familiar with how Android uses the GPU and that it didn't require a driver. However, this is why I also asked about firmware.

The hilarious part is that I wasn't even trolling you guys this time, and you decided to pick a fight, lol.
    No fight needed Manthro you little boy, if there was you would be asleep son. Always think you've got a reply and witty banter..when no you haven't because you're just a lonely twat son. Get with Jon... perfect mugs. And no you've not trolled nor brought anything to the chat except the usual bs. Jokers.
    edited August 2017
    Ahhhhhhhh, the internet chat room fight challenge. Always amusing.

And you even flagged my post, awesome!

• Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    The hilarious part is that I wasn't even trolling you guys this time, and you decided to pick a fight, lol.

I think the frustration you are seeing is because this issue has been ongoing for quite some time now. So, to suggest something like "maybe its the firmware" would be the equivalent of suggesting to a mechanic that has been working on getting a car to start for months, that perhaps the issue with the car is the tires.

Don't worry Stitch, this virgin would try assume comments on 911 would be sufficient being a bell end that he is...no friends so feels the need to try troll Everyone, except I won't take it from a pathetic kid talking bs that has nothing to do with what we were on about.
  • ToxieAvengerToxieAvenger Posts: 68
    edited August 2017
    Go look at the history of GeForce cards and how many exclusive patches had to be released by developers to get their games to work on Nvidia hardware.

I wouldn't have expected anything different from their tablet. This is why I asked if there were any updates from Nvidia that might improve performance.

Nope not familiar with how Android uses the GPU and that it didn't require a driver. However, this is why I also asked about firmware.

The Nvidia Shield is the premier Android device. The tablet, which is no longer made, is highly coveted. The portable, which is no longer made, is highly coveted. The Nvidia Shield TV is even MORE powerful and is an insanely popular device. You have to do some homework before pitching conspiracy theories, especially in trying to relate it to Nvidia GPUs, which is a completely different animal than what we are talking about.

And it wasn't Nvidia tooting it's own horn, it was KABAM. I can take direct quotes from the article I sourced, if that will help:

What has NVIDIA provided in terms of technology that has helped with the game’s continued development?
    The Shield tablet [K1] has a very powerful CPU/GPU that allows us to turn all of the rendering effects within Marvel Contest of Champions up to the maximum levels. This makes the game look extremely beautiful on NVIDIA's tablet.

What are your thoughts on NVIDIA’s Tegra X1 technology?
    Over time, we expect the Tegra X1 technology to work its way into the SHIELD tablet, which will enable a whole new level of deep rich graphics and gameplay enhancements, never seen before on a mobile device. It is the next-generation platform of the currently available SHIELD Tablet, which utilizes the K1 chip.

If you read the above, it was about the Nvidia Shield Tablet. Not the K1 version, which sports the new chip, which is even more powerful. So yeah man...you are kind of shooting in the dark on this one.
    No point in explaining to know it all whose daily work consists of trying but failing to be funny on here. Dumb F' is trolling himself in the mirror...and still losing. Desperate always on here as he has no real friends. Figures.
  • My issue is, I don't understand how Kabam goes from saying how it's the "next-generation platform" and how the Shield tablet has a "very powerful CPU/GPU", but can't even get the game running properly on it. That article is a YEAR old man. Maybe Kent Wakeford, who was interviewed in that article, can provide some insight...
    Toxie and Stitch...I get and fully understand your replies brothers. Respected. Do one little manth, go join Jon lmfao. Both **** at trolling, perfect Muppets.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    Maybe Kent Wakeford, who was interviewed in that article, can provide some insight...

According to linkedin and the Kabam leadership page, Kent doesn't work for Kabam anymore. There's a new CEO.. so maybe that is some insight.

Persistent crashing, and overheating is not exclusive to your device unfortunately. :(

My iphone 6 also constantly crashes and overheats. Within 5-10 minutes it can start overheating. The game will crash at least once during each 'area' of play, ie during 3 raids, then switch to story/spotlight/arena etc. Switching modes basically guarantees a crash during a fight in the new mode. Just clicking on AM causing an instant crash after playing one of the other modes. Based on this I'm quite sure it's some kind of memory issue.
    edited August 2017
    CARNAGE wrote: »
    "And can someone get rid of that troll? This is the third thread that thing has tried to derail into insults and nonsense." What do you expect from a loner that has to interfere with everyone's business and go off topic because he has no friends in reality, if that happened in the real world he'd be picking up his teeth by now,hahaaaahaaaa.

I don't think they were talking about me there, chief... I think they were looking at you and your need to use multiple accounts and "like" your own posts, lol.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    I'm confused as to why my post got removed, while STORMZZ is being far more crass yet is being allowed to stay. At least I stayed more or less on topic
  • CandKane wrote: »
    I'm confused as to why my post got removed, while STORMZZ is being far more crass yet is being allowed to stay. At least I stayed more or less on topic

I have no idea why your post was removed. I saw it and it didn't bother me at all. But who knows heh.
  • Aaaaand Closed.

As we have mentioned multiple times in the past, we are working on various stability issues. These are not quick or easy fixes, and they do take time.

Not every bug or problem is created equal. Some require engineering time, while some require a lot less time from people. Anything that is device specific is not an easy fix, as we have to make sure that we are optimizing for multiple factors on those devices across many different configurations.

We are looking into the Shield Tablet specifically, but pulling up posts from years ago about a different game is not constructive to the conversations about Transformers Forged to Fight.

Please ensure that any discussions or posts made on the forums follow the forum rules, especially the ones about being nice to each other and respecting the opinions of others.
This discussion has been closed.