Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Raid store ideas?

I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the raid store, for me personally I never purchase anything from the raid store. It's a great feature for new players but there's not much that's really valuable to higher level players other than alpha essence. Any thoughts?
Tagged:

Comments

• PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    I use it a lot to buy all the sparks, any levels, which is compulsory to upgrade bots that then become forging materials. I however don't buy any ore as I always have way too much and don't know what to do with it.
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    Thats a good way to use it, I'm just wondering what they add to the store that could appeal to higher level players but at the same time not being totally game breaking.
  • Gannicus_0Gannicus_0 Posts: 34
    Speeds up leveling up 2stars to be forge. Alpha essence is still the only real helpful thing
    I have a possible idea not sure if it would work out but I was thinking that kabam could add a feature that would allow players to by certain bots with raid chips. It could be a daily rotation where there would be 3 2* bots, 2 3* bots, and one 4* bot. Maybe the four star is a bit of a stretch but I was thinking the the 2* would be around 10,000 then 3* would be 50,000 and the four star could be 100,000. Like I said not sure how it would work out but it would be pretty cool idea, at least I think it would what do u guys think?
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    That would be over the top, some people could get a 4* a day from raid stores... maybe 1/2* for fodder
  • Ray94Ray94 Posts: 41
    If anything gold crystals should be put in there
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    If they made it 10k for 2*, 100k for 3* and 1mil for a 4*, then maybe... MAYBE it wouldn't completely break the game economy.

But 100k for a 4* bot.. no way man.

Perhaps even 100k for 100 4* shards would be "somewhat" reasonable, but not a full on bot.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Agree with Manthro. And add to that a once/week purchase limit. It'd mainly be for those occasions where you end up 100 shards short and are kicking yourself waiting for next week...

but yeah, the raid store is already the main source of rank up materials all the way to the point where you're aiming for t3b, which about 2-300 people at the moment (or t2a, which is more like 50 ppl)
    Like I said it was just an idea and I know the 4 star was a bit of a stretch. I know those weren't accurate prices I was just throwing things out there but thanks for the feedback
  • Hey Commanders!

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on the Raid Store! We can't make any promises on any changes at this time, and completely encourage you all to continue this discussion! We will definitely be keeping an eye on it!
  • Make Raid Crystal that feature a 2-4 star bots or mods!
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    Gold crystal in the raid store would be much appreciated. At the moment, arenas are the main source of gold and even when playing on them, the gold rewards aren't sufficient to upgrade Bots and use all the Ore (especially for crystal buyers like myself). The gold earned in the missions is so small that it's just doesn't count, so away missions are the only thing helping with gold.
    I think monthro is on to something when it comes to making shards available in the raid store.
    And the gold crystal is a great idea peyote.
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    Their were supposed to be rotating temporary items...are they still coming or did they get scrapped? I love the temporary item idea.
  • fs0000fs0000 Posts: 4
    This is a copy-paste from another thread created by me that got closed:

"Hey everyone,

I am a really big fan of this game (been playing since launch) and I got to say I really love the idea of purchasing characters through the raid store; It's a nice little addition that doesn't hurt the "economy" of the game (since they're always 2 stars).

Anyways I was wondering if Megatron is coming to the raid store as well since that's apparently what happened to the last 2 bots (though you jumped right over the bots that came after Waspinator [Why?]) and if you guys were considering making this a permanent feature since it's one of the only things in the game that actually feels rewarding for spending a bit of time (Get 1000 points --> Get the bot , instead of the rest like: Purchase Energon --> Get a Crystal --> Get 2* Most of the Time or Do a bunch of missions to get Energon --> Buy Crystal --> Get 2* Most of the time).

That being said, in my opinion this feature is one of the best things in the game right now and maybe it's just the frustation of having opened around 15 crystals a few minutes ago and got nothing but 2* stars, but I would enjoy seeing this feature pop up after every last arena appearance of a new character.

Thanks for reading."
    Those are some good points, it would be a good rewarding way to get bots besides crystals.
    edited July 2017
    Shards are always best rewards because you can target the level bot you want and take a lot of the rng out of it.

I think something like 100 4* shards with maybe two buys a day or 200 with a single buy at 30k or so combined might be reasonable.

That puts earning a 4* inline with grinding for shards in arenas for those that can't grind as much.
    I really like your idea Mustangjon. Making more items available in the raid store will help those who can't grind constantly and it will also make raid chips much more valuable. If kabam would ever do this it would make raiding a bigger part of the game. Players will have to manage their bases more and it will give mods a bigger role in the game.
    Gold crystals in raid store would be amazing! Gold is always the scarcest resource for me. At the moment I mostly buy all the sparks in the raid store just to sell them for gold (you don't get much but its better than having them expire)
    It would be great, have you tried arena crystals trailfire? That's currently the best way to get gold in the game.
  • Billups1201Billups1201 Posts: 118
    Not sure how I feel about bot shards in the raid store. You can get quite a bit from arena and Aliance events. However it would be great to be able to buy mod shards from the raid store since there's only one day of the week to farm them in arena.
    Mods are useless as is defending your base....
    But if kabam ever thought about implementing some of these ideas mods and base defenses would have a much bigger role.
  • Slibby8803Slibby8803 Posts: 115
    I like having mods and defending my base. It allows me to always stay around 1400 which mean I get my alpha everyday. Having better mods makes that easier. Plus people are complaining about gold and you get quite a bit from leaving just three star bots on the nodes throughout the day. So "useless" is being a little hyberbolic don't you think? It is fine if you say I don't like it or don't care for it. But "useless" is just like your opinion man.
    10000 bases are beat at 99.99% success rate, what part of raid defense working? Other than keeping people from attacking your base that are too low level.

And saying to put no defense on your base is not what I was saying. It's saying that don't matter what you put there it's gonna be beat at staggering rate and anyone that spends money, or ingame resources is insane to think it's gonna change results
    Nick_80 wrote: »
    It would be great, have you tried arena crystals trailfire? That's currently the best way to get gold in the game.

Haha... yes... thanks for the tip.
    I do open about 20-30 arena crystals each day (just a guess, I haven't actually counted). If you rank up a lot of bots the gold cost adds up very quickly

• @Kabam you guys should make a Raid Crystal, here's suggestions of what it might feature:
    - T3 Base Spark Essence;
    - Raid Crystal-exclusive Mod (creativity);
    - T2 to T4 Ore-13;
    - 1,000 to 2,000 Gold;
    - 5 to 10 Energon.
    The Crystal could be purchased for 10,000 Raid Chips in both the //Crystals// session and in the //Raid Store//.
  • I raid a lot and always buy all the T1 alpha and T2 basic and usually have 30-50k raid chips just sitting there waiting for the reset. I think it would be awesome if you could add more sparks to the raid store (preferably T2 class) so I can get the most out of my chips before 1 million people attack me. Also for the special bot raid event it would be cool if we saw the return of raid chip bought crystals.
  • Hey, the game still not response the idea I have made in my discussion:
    Base and Shuttle Skins that decorate your base plus give you some benefits like extra golds and XP