Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Arena mechanism

Hey guys,
Can I find somewhere how arena mechanism is working? I keep seeing on forum people that say they have 50+ arena wins and I don't understand how.

This is what I get at 7 wins:mugeh8z97eel.png
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    They made a stealth change to the Arena matchups today. It was NOT operating like this in the last Mod Arena, nor the Megatron Arena. I have encountered the same issue and was pit against the same exact team that you posted, two times in a row.
  • Options
    AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    I also faced that team not sure what's up lol but I'm past 15 now so I'm good
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    It's a sandbag team, we an do it and so does ai it's always been there but now we have some players with more high bots it's more noticeable

Obviously not as far as that one was but you can see same trend in image

Ai picks a certain level of overall pi for all 3 and how it comes to that varies
    uoyf0sxbq9yu.png
  • Options
    And I've had worse sandbags as well but that's just one I happen to have a screenshot sitting around of
  • Options
    Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    Its possible they are trying to set up this arena in the same way they have MCOC. In that, as you progress in the Arena, you need to put forward certain level bots, otherwise, you risk getting the "death squad".

You might try sandbagging once you get to Arena streak 7+. Thats where you bring 2 high level bots, and 1 base level bot to try and balance out the PI of the team you are facing (sort of like how the deathsquad team was set up against you - 1base level 3* and 2 high level 4*s).
  • Options
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    It's a sandbag team

We know that. What we don't know is why the matchup algorithm changed and why people are being matched up with the same opponent at such a low streak. Something is wrong when we keep getting Nergury as the opponent, over and over, with the same Bots.
  • Options
    ToxieAvengerToxieAvenger Posts: 68
    edited July 2017
    Stitch626 wrote: »
    You might try sandbagging once you get to Arena streak 7+. Thats where you bring 2 high level bots, and 1 base level bot to try and balance out the PI of the team you are facing (sort of like how the deathsquad team was set up against you - 1base level 3* and 2 high level 4*s).

To clarify: the two times this happened to me (my last two matchups on win 12 and 13), I was sandbagging. Using 2x ~1200 3-Star Bots and 1x ~200 3-Star Bot.
  • Options
    Stitch626 wrote: »

To clarify: the two times this happened to me (my last two matchups on win 12 and 13), I was sandbagging. Using 2x ~1200 3-Star Bots and 1x ~200 3-Star Bot.

I dunno then. I should have prefaced my comment with that I rarely do arenas in this game because of how buggy they have been, the rewards are not that great, and I dislike that they limit the top rewards to a specific set #, as opposed to a %.

If they created their arena system to mimic what MCOC does, then I think a lot more people would play in them since it would be fairer.

But, getting a deathsquad like that after only steak 7 is pretty demoralizing - and a system like that only really caters to the whales.
  • Options
    That's not a death squad they pulled....

It's a sandbag team first bot is unranked other two are r4. You guys keep pulling him with those teams because you keep hitting ai supply a 4500 overall rated team window. And nergury is one the only players with 2xr4
  • Options

It's a sandbag team first bot is unranked other two are r4. You guys keep pulling him with those teams because you keep hitting ai supply a 4500 overall rated team window. And nergury is one the only players with 2xr4

On match 8? Never seen that before!
  • Options
    WunWun420WunWun420 Posts: 41
    I have balanced team, i don't sandbag, anyway I was asking if posible to get an answer from Kabam about how the arena works, because I didn't find any info on it.

From my point of view something it's either broken or build-in broken so we must just find out what and why.

Also It's a little suspicious that more players have encoutered this situation that involves an allready controversial player(Nergury).
  • Options

I would consider any match where the majority of your opponents are ranked 1.1k+ higher than any of yours, a "deathsquad". The fact that 1 was a low level does not make the opponent any easier. It just means instead of losing all 3 matches, you lose 2 - which still kills your streak. And getting that matchup on the 8th round is terrible.
  • Options
    So, there have been no changes to the mechanisms of the Arena. The teams you face in the arena are real teams that others have brought into that Arena. So this is a team that Nergury brought into the Arena, not one that our AI has made up itself.

There are Fake Teams in the Arenas as well, which are the Megatron and Optimus teams. Those are not based off of real teams that players have brought into the Arena.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    So now mikes spoke are you guys gonna take off the tin foil hats?

The combined total is all the system looks at the overall team rating and pulls that team. So in the case of the above you would have gotten 3x 1500 pi bots if it didn't have a sandbag team.

And I'm not saying you guys are sandbaging to get the fight I'm saying the team you are facing is a sandbag team
  • Options
    And I'm not saying you guys are sandbaging to get the fight I'm saying the team you are facing is a sandbag team

Who disputed that? I even acknowledged what you said man. None of that answers the question: why are we receiving matchups like this so early in the Streak now?
  • Options
    Your telling me at match 7-8 you don't fight 1500 pi bots with your r4 bots? Which total to 4500 team pi for opponent? Because I always have. Here's example current. You guys chose nergury team as you see in middle it's selection is there showing a 2400 pi bot

I selected another team and that's below and the total pi is spread between 3 not a sandbag

ly1pgfwnjz9c.png
    1q74vyew9s58.png

• Options
    So, there have been no changes to the mechanisms of the Arena. The teams you face in the arena are real teams that others have brought into that Arena. So this is a team that Nergury brought into the Arena, not one that our AI has made up itself.

There are Fake Teams in the Arenas as well, which are the Megatron and Optimus teams. Those are not based off of real teams that players have brought into the Arena.

Mike - do you see the issue though? I get that these are "real" teams that people have brought to the arena before in the past, but that does not really change the fact that this team coming up on round 8 is nearly impossible for an average player to beat. There should be some sort of mechanic in place that does not allow a matchup like this to occur this early into a streak.

So now mikes spoke are you guys gonna take off the tin foil hats?

The combined total is all the system looks at the overall team rating and pulls that team. So in the case of the above you would have gotten 3x 1500 pi bots if it didn't have a sandbag team.

Not sure the tinfoil hat comment is called for - it was simply a question as to if anything had been changed. The response from Mike also does not address the underlining issue of why there is not a mechanic in place to prevent an opponent like that so early on. Streak 15+, sure, I could see that. But 8? That should not happen.

I get that its a sandbagged team. Does not change the issue.
  • Options
    Why did you guys select that team in first place as my above picture shows it shows a 2400 pi motor, so unless your confident in beating that bot alone why in insanity would you select the team? Both the other teams for me show significantly lower bots
  • Options
    PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    I have seen those team after 6 victories since I started having a full team of fully ranked 3* bots, so it's really not something new. I can never pass 10 victories in this arena, except if I use the sandbag strategy, which I don't like.
  • Options
    Why did you guys select that team in first place as my above picture shows it shows a 2400 pi motor, so unless your confident in beating that bot alone why in insanity would you select the team? Both the other teams for me show significantly lower bots

It was the lowest matchup that I was offered. Both times. So what exactly was I supposed to do? Seems like you are aruging for the sake of it now. I'm not new to arenas nor infinite streaking. I've been doing it since MCoC.

For the record too, some of us are confident in our skill set. I don't mind fighting Motormaster. I beat him, as well as the other two battles, each time I was given the matchup. What I do mind is when the arena system changes so quickly that it leaves a lot of us scratching our head as to what happened.
  • Options
    Thanks for the answer Miiike
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2017
    You guys need to look a little more closely at total team power with respect to most powerful bot.

Mustangjon is trying to help you guys understand, and so is Mike but so few are listening.

If it's not a Megatron or Optimus team, the arena opponents are actual teams someone else has recently brought in the arena.

Nergury built a sandbag team. It equals the same power range as your team. It has a chance of getting out on the board vs anything in that power tier.

Unfortunately, it will be very hard to defeat with an actual balanced team, since your power is spread across all your bots, but his is concentrated on two, so that he can block competition from winning 2/3 fights while he has better opportunity to win 2/3 fights and extend his streak.

This is how arena works. Wrap your brains around it.

How do you prevent yourself from running into these? Well, if you've been paying attention all the answers are already in this thread but it's been spelled out enough for you ;)
  • Options
    Manthro wrote: »
    You guys need to look a little more closely at total team power with respect to most powerful bot.

Mustangjon is trying to help you guys understand, and so is Mike but so few are listening.

If it's not a Megatron or Optimus team, the arena opponents are actual teams someone else has recently brought in the arena.

Nergury built a sandbag team. It equals the same power range as your team. It has a chance of getting out on the board vs anything in that power tier.

Unfortunately, it will be very hard to defeat with an actual balanced team, since your power is spread across all your bots, but his is concentrated on two, so that he can block competition from winning 2/3 fights while he has better opportunity to win 2/3 fights and extend his streak.

How do you prevent yourself from running into these? Well, if you've been paying attention all the answers are already in this thread but it's been spelled out enough for you ;)

You are not completely right, my squad here has 3560 power and enemy squad si 4880 which is a huge difference.
    Second if the game has a glitch I wont start to respond to it in the same way.
    Third: Mike explained it as it is, makes sense till the point that the oponent team am 6 wins is 35% better than you overall and 200% better on 2 bots, I repeat after 6 wins, not 50 as I hear some guys make at least.

Anyway I understand the mechanism now and the message my wrapped brain gets it's that it's all about luck. There is no aspect that you can control 100%
  • Options
    DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    WunWun420 wrote: »
    You are not completely right, my squad here has 3560 power and enemy squad si 4880 which is a huge difference.
    Third: Mike explained it as it is, makes sense till the point that the oponent team am 6 wins is 35% better than you overall and 200% better on 2 bots, I repeat after 6 wins, not 50 as I hear some guys make at least.

Anyway I understand the mechanism now and the message my wrapped brain gets it's that it's all about luck. There is no aspect that you can control 100%

Power of opposing teams goes up rapidly after 6 wins. Until you hit 15 win streak. After that you only need to bring a certain minimum amount of pi points in your teams (2100+ total) to get easy matches. But with smarter AI. That's how people get to 50, or 'infinite streak' as they call it.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    WunWun420 wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »

See.. you're still not paying attention, and I'm not going to spoon feed it to you.

Sorry bud. Must be frustrating to only read what you want to read... ;)
  • Options
    I've gave up on this manthro math is complicated.....
  • Options
    @Manthro Didn't ask for that info, I asked Kabam something and I got the answer I am looking for. No offence but I was trying to be a good lad and respond to your post. Have a nice day
  • Options
    @Dircules Thank you, I will try to test this after I upgrade all my 3*