Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Drop Rates for PBC are Unreasonably Low

I know, I know. Hate on me all you want after reading the title. But I'm going to try and make this as reasonable as possible.

Kabam, please increase the odds for 3 stars and 4 stars in the PBC. I personally have used 40 PBC worth of shards so far over the course of a month or two and haven't pulled anything but 2 stars. I've had friends pull anywhere between 20 and 50 worth and have also pulled nothing but two stars. It's demoralizing to save up all of these shards only to land a handful of two star bots. I can understand not making it 1 or 2 in 10 like the specialty crystals (that's the average drop rate for me). But I should at least be pulling a 3 star every 20 PBCs. They're already about 3 months behind on characters added (a post from awhile back said 2 months, Kabam! Get it together!), so the least you can do is up the odds a bit. Again, nothing drastic. I can understand wanting the more expensive crystals to have a better drop rate. But a little bit of a better chance would be much appreciated.

Again, for the haters:
1) I know these PBC shards are free and I should thank my lucky stars that they have even the slimmest chance of pulling a 3 or 4 star
2) I understand basic statistics
3) I know there are 3 star and 4 star bot crystals that guarantee us bots of those rarities
4) I know Kabam doesn't owe us anything
5) I know that I can just quit the game if I'm that frustrated

I'm just saying that if the crystal has a shot at landing a 3 star or 4 star bot, would it really be all that bad to bump up the odds a bit? Consider it a gesture of goodwill on your part, Kabam. Show us some love. Thoughts?
Tagged:

Comments

• BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    I just opened 10 PBC's, yielded me nothing but 2* dupes. I think we're asking too much if we insist the drop rates of 3*/4* bots are incrementally tweaked, but it would be nice! :)
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    Sorry man but no matter how much people complain and beg there not gonna change it, everyone would love increased drop rates but kabam doesn't care.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    If they increased rates by 50% and you pulled 20 x 2* would u still feel screwed?
  • KingChris2KingChris2 Posts: 101
    I wish duplicate gives Shards, instead forging bots for shards.
  • AnubisAnubis Posts: 87
    I want the featured crystals increased spending 70$ should get me a 4* for sure but nope... Get tired of the drop rates in this game I'm done buying feature crystals till they up the drop rates or show what the drop rates even are.. They dnt show them probably because there so low
  • Mustangjon wrote: »
    If they increased rates by 50% and you pulled 20 x 2* would u still feel screwed?

Nope. If they did that, then it would just be my misfortune. And I can live with that knowing that the chances are still higher. And I can hope that my luck changes in the future.
    edited July 2017
    They could to when you open 10 feature crystals you are guarantee one random 4* bot. Some games guarantee at less one or two 4* if you decides to open 10 pull. It will make people want to spend more money to chase one character and not feel they are waisting money.
  • AnubisAnubis Posts: 87
    Yep I agree with both u guys
  • DreadspectreDreadspectre Posts: 123
    If it makes you feel any better, I've bought a uh..large..number of the King crystals and only found 1 3* Grimlock.

The 3*'s I did pull ended up being, no lie, pretty much all Mirage, Windblade and Mixmaster. Over and over and over.

I would like to know the drop rates. We need someone from China to tell us, China forces game companies with loot boxes and other RNG rewards for money to disclose their drop rates.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Apparently Kabam is sticking it to the Chinese government-which I heartily approve of-because I can't find a listing anywhere
    CandKane wrote: »
    Apparently Kabam is sticking it to the Chinese government-which I heartily approve of-because I can't find a listing anywhere

Maybe the game is not out in China.
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    Heres the thing - this game (and games like it, like MCOC) make 90% their money off people buying crystals for a SHOT at getting something better than a 2*. PBC is pretty much the most common and basic crystal you are going to get in the game. Increasing the odds at which people would obtain 3* or 4* bots, at this point in the game when the overall roster is still pretty small, could have serious balancing issues, as well as cause them to lose out on important revenue.

I know people who spend real $$ on PBC's or the Featured Bot Crystal often feel like they were scammed out of their money because they when into it thinking in their head "Well if I buy 100 crystals, there's no way that I can lose!" - which is essentially the same as a person buying 1000 lottery tickets and saying the same thing.

When looking at the PBC, even without knowing the official odds at getting anything, and after playing MCOC for over a year on a regular basis, I see the odds are like this:

95-97% chance at getting a 2*
    3-4% chance at getting a 3*
    .5-1% chance at getting a 4*

Those are my own percentages that I have in my head, based on my own experiences. Whenever I open a PBC, I always assume its going to be a 2*. You just have to. You have to go into it with the mindset that even if you buy 500 crystals, there is still the chance you will get nothing but 2*'s because the chances of getting anything else is extremely rare.

Its like going to Vegas. Most responsible people who go to Vegas, have a set limit that they want to spend - knowing that, most likely, they will lose everything (2*'s). If the stars align and luck is on their side, maybe they might be up $100 or so by the end of their trip (3*'s). Thats rare, but somewhat common. Then there is the ultra rare chance youll hit it big and walk out of Vegas $100k+ richer than you were going in (4*'s).

Point is - NEVER go into opening a PBC or even a Featured Crystal assuming that you are going to win something more than a 2*, or that because you bought 'X' number of crystals, that you deserve or are entitled to get something better than a 2*. If you cant handle losing on odds, then, quite frankly, dont play the odds game.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited July 2017
    KingChris2 wrote: »
    CandKane wrote: »

Maybe the game is not out in China.

It is true. Most of our Android phones are stripped of Google Play framework due to Google having quit China years ago. Android players have no option to pay as there's nothing on sale in the Energon store.

Hardly any of my fellow citizens managed to log in to this forum due to internet censorship and the forum being painfully slow (I'm using proxy to get here).

The game has Chinese translation but it's full of errors like KO'ed=win, forge=maxed out, etc. I used support ticket to contact Kabam, offered to correct those errors but nobody replied.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    If we expect the PBCs to be like MCOC the rates would be 1% 4*, 10% 3*. Every long term statistic points to that.

And Kabam is not going to change that they make most of their money out of people who buy featured crystals to get the newest bots. They are not going to ruin that.

Be glas, 3* bots are still worth something in the game. So you have a 10% chance to get something valuable from your investment. Wait a few months when 3* aren't worth anything anymore, then your chance of getting something form a PBC will drop to 1%. Enjoy while you can.
  • I have opened 1 PBC and get a 3* Arcee, dupe her three times, my luck is repaired.
    Yesterday I opened some and get all 2* dupes.
  • NilsNils Posts: 3
    Mustangjon wrote: »

Nope. If they did that, then it would just be my misfortune. And I can live with that knowing that the chances are still higher. And I can hope that my luck changes in the future.

U know it's not really luck....they rig the ones who don't pay to win and they give higher odds and to you tubers (wbanca search him he has 3 channels I think its tv.The other YouTube I think is knightskys
  • Slibby8803Slibby8803 Posts: 115
    Nils wrote: »

U know it's not really luck....they rig the ones who don't pay to win and they give higher odds and to you tubers (wbanca search him he has 3 channels I think its tv.The other YouTube I think is knightskys

Okay can you post your evidence? Also please tell me about the second shooter on the grassy knoll.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752

Better wrap a few more layers of tin foil on your hat, lmao.

I've seen plenty of paying players get hosed on crystals, myself included.
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318

Yea inightskikes is in my alliance and he has no sort of "super luck" he hasn't pulled a feature bot from card shards or really anything too amazing from pbc crystals most his good pulls are 4* crystals that he earned so I think you may be a little confused here
  • Nils wrote: »

This is not true. We don't alter the Drop Rates for specific accounts or players. Not only would that take an immense amount of time, but is ultimately not helping anybody. I like YouTube videos about games because they show you how to play or give tips based on the same experience you will have.

The drops from crystals are totally random.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    i just got 3* WindBlade, 3* OG Optimus, 3* Motormaster from my recent 4 PBC openings. Earlier opened 10 PBCs got all 2*s. I instant open all of them for a better drop rate. So yeah RNG is RNG.. my another alliance member got a 4* MM today from PBC.. so yes it will happen just keep opening them and don't give up (tip: avoid opening them 1 by 1 as the drop rate is terrible that way imo).
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    god

Seatin's "luck" is based on the law of large numbers combined with selective demonstrations. If you open thousands of crystals, some of them will make more exciting videos than others