Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Level Cap Limit

@Kabam Miike I posted this question in the v3 update thread but must have been missed. That being said..

When the game was updated from v1 to v2, the level cap was raised from 40 to 50. Now since the addition of Spotlight Missions, Act 3/Chapter 2, the Experience Booster and the upgrade to v3, the level cap should also increase as well as playing these levels for a lot of people who are already at level 50 are just throwing away experience gains.

I can understand not wanting to get ahead of yourself in terms of growth but raising it to 55 or 60 because of the game additions isn't unreasonable.
Tagged:

Comments

• I can't see what reason there is to have a level cap at all - you still only accrue energy at the same rate anyway. It just means your bots are tied up as some missions can't be completed in one pass even at the max level which is frustrating for those of us that have put in the effort to level up.

Reduce the level rewards, cap the amount of energy you can get from a refill if you don't want them to lose their value, but take the silly cap away...
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    So, since there wasn't an official response from an employee, I decided to submit a support ticket which basically was the exact same information as in my original post. This was the response I got back:

"Hello,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us today. We’re glad that passionate players like yourself are willing to share ideas on what would be awesome to see next in Transformers: Forged to Fight. It’s through feedback like this that we’re able to provide players with a better experience. You can also continue to discuss your ideas with other folks in the community in our forums located below:

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/

Thank you,
    Kabam Support"

A nice generic "template" of a response. So I responded back with a short blurb and this is what I got back:

"Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, this case has been closed."

If your problem has not been resolved, please submit a new case and we will reply as soon as we can.

So round n round we go...

...I can understand that they can't reply to everyone but at least take the time to READ the tickets as opposed to having an automated system respond. I wasn't asking for the world but maybe just a quick 30 second response might have been nice.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Copy pasting support responses into the forum will get you a warning.
    *Shrugs Shoulders*

If they feel that that's what they have to do, then so be it.
  • juliusjulius Posts: 66
    Very typical.
    Tickets are closed before the problems are solved.
    Odie21 wrote: »
    So, since there wasn't an official response from an employee, I decided to submit a support ticket which basically was the exact same information as in my original post. This was the response I got back:

"Hello,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us today. We’re glad that passionate players like yourself are willing to share ideas on what would be awesome to see next in Transformers: Forged to Fight. It’s through feedback like this that we’re able to provide players with a better experience. You can also continue to discuss your ideas with other folks in the community in our forums located below:

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/

Thank you,
    Kabam Support"

A nice generic "template" of a response. So I responded back with a short blurb and this is what I got back:

"Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, this case has been closed."

If your problem has not been resolved, please submit a new case and we will reply as soon as we can.

So round n round we go...

...I can understand that they can't reply to everyone but at least take the time to READ the tickets as opposed to having an automated system respond. I wasn't asking for the world but maybe just a quick 30 second response might have been nice.

• The Support team did exactly what they should have, and led you to the feedback form. While we try and make sure that we can get to every single ticket that is submitted, the Support team is here to help with any issues that may arise.

That feedback form is where your suggestions are taken to the team, as well as posting in these forums.

Further to your question... We don't raise the level cap very often, and the last raise came with the beginning of a new Act, not because of the new chapter. We don't have any intention of raising the cap again yet, but perhaps closer to the release of Act 4.
  • KingChris2KingChris2 Posts: 101
    The Support team did exactly what they should have, and led you to the feedback form. While we try and make sure that we can get to every single ticket that is submitted, the Support team is here to help with any issues that may arise.

That feedback form is where your suggestions are taken to the team, as well as posting in these forums.

Further to your question... We don't raise the level cap very often, and the last raise came with the beginning of a new Act, not because of the new chapter. We don't have any intention of raising the cap again yet, but perhaps closer to the release of Act 4.

Ohh... Act 4 is coming in the future. :p
    The Support team did exactly what they should have, and led you to the feedback form. While we try and make sure that we can get to every single ticket that is submitted, the Support team is here to help with any issues that may arise.

Well Mike, the question was posted here on the forum but it was conveniently ignored, hence the email to the support team.

You didn't raise the cap because of a new act, you raised it at the start of the v2 upgrade hence your post in June:

"Kabam MiikeKabam Miike
    June 13
    UPDATE: Hey All! I have more good news! The team has taken all of your guys feedback on the Level Limit into consideration and has decided that we WILL be raising the Level Cap to 50 in this update!

I'll update the patch notes to reflect this."

You added an "Experience Booster" to the game, with the expectation that would motivate people to level up quicker, people did that and are now being penalized with new content coming out and not being able to benefit from the experience gains of that new content.

I'm not going to sit here and beat a dead horse but at the rate of when you released Act 3/2 and then 3/3 and 3/4 you're looking well into 2018 before the thought of a cap increase will be considered. Keeping people's attention without losing interest only lasts for so long...

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Completing maps for xp is not what the game is about if you just want to level till infinity you've picked wrong game mcoc spent 2 years or more before going above 50.

Game is about gathering materials and ranking up your bots and collecting new bots. Leveling has nothing to do with either other than some level up bonuses.

I personally don't see a reason or need to level other than give more mastery points and with the limited masteries now u could have damn near all of them with more points
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    With masteries, you best believe Kabam will limit commander level so that players have to actually use strategy to build their masteries instead of maxing every single one.

Keeping a tight lid on commander levels is a very good thing for the game
    Listen, the reason why someone plays the game is different for every person. I like playing and gaining experience but to someone else it may be a different motivation. Everyone views things different, such as the conversation the other day in another topic about the way energon was shown on certain screens etc. and how it may have deceived people. To me, it was obvious but to others it was not which is fine because I'm old enough to understand that everyone's interpretation of a situation is different.

Point being, they rewarded you for leveling up especially after level 40 (rewards are very nice), which was further enhanced with the experience booster.

There is nothing wrong with wanting more to benefit and build characters ;)
  • if the idea isn't to level up in the game, what then is the point to the relics in the current special giving XP boosts?

I strongly suspect that any of us keen on advancing in the game has already hit the cap or will do so before they get those relics, making them pointless. Now we have masteries, getting higher levels is important to gain an advantage over those who don't play as much - but with such a low and easy to hit level cap it's a huge demotivator for players who have previously put time and effort in.

However much I play, I'm limited to the speed at which I can gain T3b sparks as my bots are otherwise maxed out (or at least the ones I use are). Levelling up previously gave me some incentive to still play, but now I get no XP at all I really can't be bothered, meaning the game has reduced from something fun and multi-dimensional to just playing AM missions and autofighting the specials as nothing else has any real purpose or meaning til I get the T3b's I need. Is that really the point of it? To convince me to stop playing while others who have put less effort into the game catch up to me and I can do very little about it? Seems that Kabam is trying to get me to stop playing...
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Or you could try pushing yourself a bit more in AM. Any game gets boring quickly in easy mode. Go for slowly gaining t2a and faster t3b.
    Dircules wrote: »
    Or you could try pushing yourself a bit more in AM. Any game gets boring quickly in easy mode. Go for slowly gaining t2a and faster t3b.

You're comparing apples to oranges. AM is a team event, as such you're limited to what the entire alliance can handle, not you're personal limit.

Leveling is an individual goal and/accomplishment. With the relics given out, with the experience boosters given out, one must wonder why a company would promote leveling "faster" but when players request a reasonable increase to make the new chapters or SL Missions a little bit more enjoyable, it falls in deaf ears.

Hmm..as people are reaching the cap limit on a daily basis, maybe they're not "grinding" as much, maybe not using as much "energon", maybe not "spending" as much. Funny concept on giving dedicated players the opportunity to play more or have another goal to shoot for.

• Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    I'm doing just fine, gaining my t3b's and working on the daily flavor of Special Missions. I have yet to hit the level cap. Not even close. And I've been playing regularly since launch and run a very active Alliance. I think the difference here is I honestly am in no hurry at all to hit level cap. Do I want to hit level cap for all of my mastery points? Yes. Do I want the nice little extras for every level up? You betcha. Am I going all out in a singular attempt to level to cap? Not at all. I'm here for the long haul and know that I will eventually get there so I don't focus on it. There are plenty of other things in the game to do than worrying about leveling altho this will vary from person to person. Are all of your bots and mods on base defense maxed? Have you max forged all the bots you use? Are you running the top difficulties of AM? These are all things that commander level doesn't affect at all.

As Manthro stated in a couple of posts up as well. With Masteries now in the game, you can rest assured that Kabam will be very stingy when it comes to raising the level cap too from now on. There is actually some necessary balances needed when you start adding in more masteries like that. Even just 5 more points can drastically alter how certain aspects of Masteries operate if not thought out ahead of time.

The level cap will get here. Just be patient and understand that it could be a long wait.
    Hired_Goon wrote: »
    I'm doing just fine, gaining my t3b's and working on the daily flavor of Special Missions. I have yet to hit the level cap. Not even close. And I've been playing regularly since launch and run a very active Alliance. I think the difference here is I honestly am in no hurry at all to hit level cap. Do I want to hit level cap for all of my mastery points? Yes. Do I want the nice little extras for every level up? You betcha. Am I going all out in a singular attempt to level to cap? Not at all. I'm here for the long haul and know that I will eventually get there so I don't focus on it. There are plenty of other things in the game to do than worrying about leveling altho this will vary from person to person. Are all of your bots and mods on base defense maxed? Have you max forged all the bots you use? Are you running the top difficulties of AM? These are all things that commander level doesn't affect at all.

As Manthro stated in a couple of posts up as well. With Masteries now in the game, you can rest assured that Kabam will be very stingy when it comes to raising the level cap too from now on. There is actually some necessary balances needed when you start adding in more masteries like that. Even just 5 more points can drastically alter how certain aspects of Masteries operate if not thought out ahead of time.

The level cap will get here. Just be patient and understand that it could be a long wait.

Hired, of course you'd say all of this as you're at level 41 (which is fine) but you can't possibly relate to those that have played more than you. The game again promotes leveling, so it's not unreasonable to ask for a small increase.

I've played since beta and played more than most players and I am at only 42, as stated there are so many facets of the game, leveling is actually the least important to building your account . There are raid items shields and the like as well does that mean you have to use them? Kabam gave many venues to keep people busy.

This is not an rpg that levels make you directly stronger. Ever seen an alliance recruiting only lvl 50s?

Level means nothing to account strength
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    I've played since beta and played more than most players and I am at only 42, as stated there are so many facets of the game, leveling is actually the least important to building your account . There are raid items shields and the like as well does that mean you have to use them? Kabam gave many venues to keep people busy.

This is not an rpg that levels make you directly stronger. Ever seen an alliance recruiting only lvl 50s?

Level means nothing to account strength

You are 100% wrong in regards to that leveling doesn't build your account. Trying asking the people past lvl 45 if they enjoyed getting the 1000+ Alpha Shards, the 100 Energon, the money, the increased storage, the additional energy point per level, the gold, etc per level gained.

Just because increasing the cap isn't important to you, doesn't mean that it may not be to someone else. It also depends on what kind of games you played in the past as some games do put an emphasis on leveling up. You may have the opinion that the cap should not be increased, but if you actually stepped away and look at it, what it actually hurt you? Probably not...

That being said, I've said what I had to say in this topic. It will be increased when it's increased.

Mike already commented on this so it's obviously not falling on deaf ears, and well seems your basically only person arguing for this so seems your not the majority of players. And yes having more mastery points does hurt the system . Which each level equal more mastery points.

There will never be super challenging single player content other than something like rok. The game will have the majority of rank up materials available through alliance content, people in alliances typically spend more and keep the lights on vs solo content
  • So - a bunch of people who haven't hit the cap yet are arguing that the cap isn't a big deal. Not really surprising that is it?

Maybe come back and offer your opinion when this actually matters to you- I've worked hard to get where I am, and now with no avenue to get any further I'm demotivated from keeping playing as much. Until I can get another T3b (I need another 5000 essence), nothing I can do will improve my bots significantly, so realistically I'm waiting it out until the next special hits because the special will likely get me there before AM will.

And instead of rewarding my hard work for completing the levels, I get pegged down while others get boosts and relics to allow them to catch up much quicker and with less effort (and less energon on energy refills!) than I and others who have reached the cap had to put in. If that isn't a demotivator then I don't know what is.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    In Mcoc the level cap is 60. I've been at that for 2 years
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    Noone forced you to use energy refills to hit lvl cap asap. You claim we don't know what we're talking about because we haven't hit level cap. What you don't realize is we don't care because the rewards for leveling up are easily obtained at least once a day without repeating story content over and over and over. 1k alpha essence? Easily obtained every day of AM and 1200 from raiding. Per day, for free. You can't level once a day without dropping serious energon on refills. 100 energon? Can earn that through arena easy. Gold? See arena. All of this is easily acquired through various activities in the game. Leveling is just one more way to go about getting them. But there always needs to be a limit. It has already been stated. More levels means more masteries means harder to keep some bots balanced. Level cap is in place for a reason. nobody told you to rush. It doesn't help in any significant way, shape or form.