Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

The AI should not be sandbagging

AI sandbagging is stupid and unfair.

Sometimes all 3 choices are sandbagged and you have no choice or pay for refreshes and hope for a normal team.

Fix this system.

xvzvjci2t9r7.png

Tagged:

Comments

• BargBarg Posts: 23
    Yes fix everything!
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    @Terminal are these from Arena and Optimus/Megatron Team?

If not, you should just blame the players for sandbagging, nothing Kabam can do if this is the team the player brings into the arena fight
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited September 2017
    The AI isn't sandbagging there. That's a player created team that is in the pool and allocated based on your own squad's power ranking.

Add up your team's power and you'll see they are very close in total power.

You need to pay attention to the strongest bot in the squad you choose to fight before confirming.

If the total team power doesn't divide equally across 3 bots based on the portrait of the bot shown in the selection screen, you're picking a sandbag team.

Want to combat it? Build teams based on the same logic. Two powerful bots and one chump.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited September 2017
    I know how to identify and avoid it. Sometimes all 3 teams are sandbagged and there's no choice unless you pay for refreshes (and maybe get them again anyway).

It's not healthy for the game if it's encouraging or forcing people to sandbag. It's not the way it was intended.

I once encountered in arena an alliance member who was also interested in understanding the matching system and he advised he'd never used that combination of bots together in an arena team. He's a very meticulous top 50 player.

So I have my doubts about if they're player chosen teams or just put together from the bots on the players account.
  • There's nothing Kabam can do about that. Getting a sandbag team means that was the last team that player won an arena fight with. That's how the system determines team comps is by keeping the last team every player won with saved as there current squad. Just so happens that players last win was with a sandbag team. If it's constantly happening to you then it's probably because you don't change team partner. The system seems to know if you bring the same 3 bots in a team repeatedly. Try mixing up you team comps(Even if it means giving up synergy) and see if that changes your odds.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited September 2017
    Sorry, that's not how it works at all, it's not last used team.

It's also not the point.

The point is, it's not healthy balance for the game to have AI using sandbagged teams.
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    Teams are teams that other players bring into arena so if you player x brings in a sand bag team player y has a chance of then facing that sandbag team, the teams you faced are based on total rating of the 3 bots not individual of each
  • Well it's not healthy for the AI to ever win in the first place? The point is, Kabam didn't choose to use only Megatron/Optimus/Starscream's team and balance all of them. Kabam instead relies mostly on player's team (with Masteries as well) to add variations, to make you feel you're playing against other players. There's no way Kabam can filter a sandbagged team because what's the criteria? 1000+1000+100 may make you wonder it's a sandbagged one, but what about 1000+1000+500? +600?

C'mon, Arena's already has the "easy after 15 streak" bliss. Why not complain that is a bug? For me I pay 5 or 10 energons per Arena to beat the 15 streak and hit all the milestone, I find it OK, even for a PBC you'll have to pay 100, whereas you have at least a PBC per Arena.
  • Hey there Commanders!

Just wanted to pop my head in and say thanks for sharing your thoughts on how arena teams are built!
    We understand that sandbagged teams can be frustrating to deal with, and although we can't promise changes will be made, we do appreciate you all taking the time to share how you felt on the matter!
  • What is sandbagging
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    PyrusPrime wrote: »
    What is sandbagging
    Putting 2 strong bots and pair them with a weak bot to be a punching bag, so that you get weaker match-up in Arena