Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Kabam a suggestion for Prowl

@Kabam Miike The issues with rhinox and his shields has been brought up and considering Prowl is a scout his severe disadvantage against him doesn't make sense. You have to evade so his melee buffs get him murdered by shock. A suggestion to fix this is by activating his buff by blocking and not stepping back. This allows you more control over it and you can fight rhinox with no buffs without altering Prowls mechanics.
Tagged:

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Then you would have to hold block for nearly 10 seconds to get all his buffs stacked.

Unless it just triggers the stack, and it stops only if you rush forward.. then it's not a bad idea.

Having said that, prowl is amazing. I would happily leave him as is, and just not use him against rhinox.
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    If anyone needs reworked it's rhinox. This isn't just a problem for prowl but all scouts.
    edited September 2017
    Nick_80 wrote: »
    If anyone needs reworked it's rhinox. This isn't just a problem for prowl but all scouts.

It is and it isn't though... All you really need to do is attack while rhinox is blocking to remove his shield charges and the problem is solved.

Just alter your approach a bit.
  • Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    @Manthro I'll try doing that more often. My problem with rhinox is that he already does insane bleed stacks so what's the point of him dealing shock damage? I've been thinking of a rework for his signature. Instead of shock damage each Shield broken rhinox will gain x% power per bar.
    My second idea is that for each shield broken the opponent will lose x% amount of power per bar. This is by no means full proof but I would like to know what you think or what anyone else might think.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Manthro wrote: »

It is and it isn't though... All you really need to do is attack while rhinox is blocking to remove his shield charges and the problem is solved.

Still should not be forced with the class designed to beat said class and have advantages to have to punch into blocks
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    edited September 2017
    Then you would have to hold block for nearly 10 seconds to get all his buffs stacked.

Unless it just triggers the stack, and it stops only if you rush forward.. then it's not a bad idea.

Having said that, prowl is amazing. I would happily leave him as is, and just not use him against rhinox.

Just block to activate then everything else is the same. I think that is fair because it takes away his buffs in this fight which still makes it difficult. Having to charge to stop the buffs creates all kinds of problems and you shouldn't have to hit him when he's blocking. Rhinox is one of the few that basically has advantage over the opposite class which is faulty by design. I'm biased because Prowl is my #1 but I often get stuck on Rhinox with the current AM. If he wasn't a scout i wouldn't make the argument.
  • I don't think Rhinox's sig is that OP. But I do agree it's a bit unfair for Scouts. Maybe a slight nerf, like limiting the shock stacking to two/three?
  • Or maybe they can change Prowl to a Tactician and Bumblebee to a Scout--something that should have been done from the beginning. Everything about Prowl's character practically screams Tactician while Bumblebee has never been portrayed as a leader type except in that kiddie version cartoon that was the sequel to Transformers Animated.
  • Prowl misses the Armor Breaking ability to go Tactician (well, BBB either, but I agree BBB=Scout). A huge drawback to fight Grindor and MVOP. Storywise, he's a great strategist, especially in IDW comics. But in game, you need Armor Breaking and a lot of synergy to be Tactician.

Then why's that coward Screamer Tactician then?
  • Hey All,

I just want to drop in and let you know that I have spoken to the Character team about Rhinox and his shields being a problem for the Scout Class. The thought process here is that most of the Scout class has 6 hits in a combo, and are then able to pull off a special right after that, but I can see why this would be a problem with Prowl.

Althought I don't use Prowl much (I chose to invest in Barricade from the beginning), I feel your pain. I'm not sure if the team will do anything about it, but they are aware.
    edited September 2017
    Hey All,

I just want to drop in and let you know that I have spoken to the Character team about Rhinox and his shields being a problem for the Scout Class. The thought process here is that most of the Scout class has 6 hits in a combo, and are then able to pull off a special right after that, but I can see why this would be a problem with Prowl.

Althought I don't use Prowl much (I chose to invest in Barricade from the beginning), I feel your pain. I'm not sure if the team will do anything about it, but they are aware.

Problem is all scouts with a crit on a medium can trigger this not just prowl....
    so you can't do your 6 hit combo without getting your ass fried
    @Kabam Miike
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    edited September 2017
    Just use ironhide. Problem solved. And is it weird that a class disadvantage is rhinox's biggest counter...sure. But it works.
    Grimlock is also rhinox kryptonite if he's duped. Not only does he have a lower Crit rate due to being a Brawler, he also purifies any DoT you trigger so you can just go ham on Rhinox.

He is hands down the best counter.
  • Mustangjon wrote: »
    Hey All,

Problem is all scouts with a crit on a medium can trigger this not just prowl....
    so you can't do your 6 hit combo without getting your ass fried
    @Kabam Miike

Who has a 6 hit combo? And really I'm not complaining about Rhinox shields in general. With Prowl the fight just becomes frustratingly difficult working around melee buffs and his shield. Changing the activation from a step back to block wouldn't change his overall mechanics and it fixes something that is clearly broken.

Or as others have said cap Rhinox's shock burst to 1 at a time just like SW, or other's, heavy. It's crazy to die without getting hit.
    Yes I know ih and grim etc work but still why should the class advantages class not be able to be used. All they have to do is raise his threshold slightly on trigger where heavy and such still trigger it.

And yes with masteries ih med hit can trigger as well
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited September 2017
    Mustangjon wrote: »

Still should not be forced with the class designed to beat said class and have advantages to have to punch into blocks

Yep, that is a risky approach for a bot that used to be fun and interesting to fight.

As for the premise of this thread, I would have to vote no to Prowl / block situation. That would make Prowl way harder to fight AGAINST than he already is. I agree it would make things easier for Prowl users, but not worth how much harder it would be to keep Prowl from triggering his ability when fighting him.
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    Yes I know ih and grim etc work but still why should the class advantages class not be able to be used. All they have to do is raise his threshold slightly on trigger where heavy and such still trigger it.

And yes with masteries ih med hit can trigger as well

This times infinity. With the addition of masteries and relics, Rhinox is triggered by a light sneeze these days. It is one thing to say you have to bring certain bots to beat him, but it is far different to say "now you can't hit him at all when his block is down".

This used to be a fun, albeit patiently fought battle. Now it is just tedious, annoying, and frustrating with the slightest slip up.
  • Nobody has a 6 hit combo except for Sideswipe (but more often 7, with the scissor kick as the finishing touch). Others have 5 maximum.