Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Trading, Pros and Cons

The concept of adding a trading system to the game is nothing new, despite that it will probably never be added to the game. Regardless, I do want to give some of my experience and insights on whether or not this would be good idea.

the pros to this would obviously be allowing players to trade away bots they don't want for some they do. I would LOVE to get a 4 star Soundwave to synergy with my Shockwave. I have a 4 star Waspinator that I rarely use. Though I doubt anyone would trade Soundwave for Waspinator, it's this factor of exchanging equal value bots that would benefit a lot of players. This would mean getting a 4 star bot you don't want or need doesn't mean you completely lucked out.

There's more cons to everything though. I've played Pokemon games in the past which are huge on trading. This has gotten me really familiar with how these things work, and what can go wrong. Trash trades do occur at times where the list is just spammed with absurdly unfair trade offers. This however can be countered with a star rating and rank filter, or a search for only same star rating trades.

A more unpleasant con are hackers. Notorious for ruining games, hackers and exploiters will do anything to achieve their idea of success with as little work as possible. Pokemon games suffered a spell of Pokemon hack apps that used the trade network to import illegally generated pokemon into the game's cache. Nintindo understandably did not take kindly to this and recently made their new releases virtually invincible to unauthorized access. If Kabam couldn't find a way to block out such activity, this would be absolutely game ruining for legitimate players. There are already hacking software for this game but I don't know if they work. Hopefully not.

Is there anything I overlooked on this subject that you would like to add, and do you think trading would be for better or worse?

Tagged:

Comments

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Why does a trading thread come up weekly when mike keeps stating there is no plans for this
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2017
    i5z57bgiejsw.gif

Trading. The end.

• Drake6401Drake6401 Posts: 321
    @Mustangjon

Because I didn't see where he posted that. Whoops. xD
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    edited October 2017
    Well, I don't know how you guys live your normal life but if someone said "no" to you and it's something that you want, you're just going to quit and say "oh well, he/she said no, time to move on.."?

Sorry, that is losers mentality. Trade, cap increases, or whatever it never hurts to ask, it's free to ask. The more "customers" that ask for it, the more of a possibility that it will be considered. If you want to accept no for an answer, have at it ; )
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Odie21 wrote: »
    Well, I don't know how you guys live your normal life but if someone said "no" to you and it's something that you want, you're just going to quit and say "oh well, he/she said no, time to move on.."? ...

Have fun with women, or maybe I should say, at the police station.

• MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    It’s because trading will ruin game players will create new accounts buy sell trade bots hackers dream etc look at almost all games that have any in game form of it and see how well its faired how many times hackers exploited it, people made money from it
    Dircules wrote: »
    Well, I don't know how you guys live your normal life but if someone said "no" to you and it's something that you want, you're just going to quit and say "oh well, he/she said no, time to move on.."? ...

Are you 10? Did you really just post this?

People should really have a license to reproduce.

Mustangjon wrote: »
    It’s because trading will ruin game players will create new accounts buy sell trade bots hackers dream etc look at almost all games that have any in game form of it and see how well its faired how many times hackers exploited it, people made money from it

Must, that fine. I never will criticize someone's opinion as it's your own. But when we have newer players that are posting ideas like that, we want to build this game and it's base and not make them feel like they're ostracize because people don't agree with their ideas.

Constructive criticism him goes a lot farther with people.

• Mustangjon wrote: »
    Why does a trading thread come up weekly when mike keeps stating there is no plans for this

This. I've been here since launch and I can't count the number of times Miike has flat out said not going to happen.
    Well, I don't know how you guys live your normal life but if someone said "no" to you and it's something that you want, you're just going to quit and say "oh well, he/she said no, time to move on.."?

This is anywhere far, far from a new question. It has been brought up enough and NO has been given enough that it simply isn't going to happen. This isn't a "Oh, well we asked once and got no." This is a subject that litetally gets a new thread constantly and it is constantly shot down.
    Dircules wrote: »

If you persisted to pester a woman like people have pestered for trading here, you very much would end up at the police station. Dircules is quite right.

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/270/trading-bots/p2

This should sum it up nicely.
  • As Hired_Goon has pointed out, this topic has already been addressed (see the link he provided for more details). As such, I'll also be closing this thread down.
This discussion has been closed.